Knox West Rebels Playoff Quad

westrebel20

If Knox West and Mo West both take care of business it is gonna be one heck of an atmosphere in Morristown for round 3. It might be the best game to be at in the state that week. But lets not get ahead of ourselves both teams have to play good football and avoid a letdown against lesser quality opponents.

Yea if they square off should be a great game and atmosphere at Burke Toney , we just gotta worry about Cocke Co. and possibly an East West rematch, can't wait to attend the playoff games.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh btw Kat it's a good possibility I know you if you wouldn't mind pming me your name. I'm not a serial killer or anything ;)

CONCERN: Would a serial killer really admit to someone on CoachT if he really was a serial killer? You are making me nervous RunningRebel about attending the game when you are defending something before you have been accused of it.

Kidding aside, glad to hear West running back is ok. Hate to hear of any players getting hurt serious. I really hope West does not take Boone to light because of their record. An example of that happen two years ago when TN.High beat Boone in regular season bad and then met them on their home field in second rd. 11-0 ranked #1 in state and Boone beat them 23-14. If West has a state championship caliber team then stay focused on Boone and quit talking about round 2 or 3. The best recipe for upset is overlook + underestimate = upset.

GO BOONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Runnin Reb and West4life, I will talk to Anthony this a.m., and let you know what he and coach say. Sometimes those are two different stories. I don't know how to pm, but I'm here at the school straight across from Mr. Black's old room.

There's no way that Boone scores 23 on this Rebel defense, especially if they are run oriented. Boone will have to air it out and do it very well to get 23. People need to remember, this West team has played Maryville, Farragut, Fulton, AE, all highly seeded playoff teams and only Maryville (#1 6A) scored more than 23. West will score on a punt or kickoff return also, too much speed for Boone. 35-7 Rebs

I take it this is the default Boone @ West thread.

Knox West wins this game. Big 8 hasn't made alot of noise in the playoffs recently. Teams are worse this year. Boone will give it all they have. I just don't see them being able to overcome the talent level. Round two will be an easier victory for Knox West IMO no matter which South they play. I do believe as long as neither West slips up we will have a great game in the 3rd round. Just remember not to count East out. Their record is a bit decieving. I believe one way or another a West will represent the East. Play hard, play safe.

:thumb:

Runnin Reb and West4life, I will talk to Anthony this a.m., and let you know what he and coach say. Sometimes those are two different stories. I don't know how to pm, but I'm here at the school straight across from Mr. Black's old room.

There's no way that Boone scores 23 on this Rebel defense, especially if they are run oriented. Boone will have to air it out and do it very well to get 23. People need to remember, this West team has played Maryville, Farragut, Fulton, AE, all highly seeded playoff teams and only Maryville (#1 6A) scored more than 23. West will score on a punt or kickoff return also, too much speed for Boone. 35-7 Rebs

Good point Kat, Boone has not had a passing game all year and I don't see that happening Friday. Boone does have an excellent kicker in #13 Chris Dickerson. Chris is a lot like West's kicker in being able to kickoff out of the endzone. He has kicked 95% of his kickoffs for touchbacks with several through the uprights and out of the back of the endzone. That will help to eliminate West's speed on kickoffs. Just like West's kicker Chris is predicted by CSA recruiters to play D1 ball next year. This is his first year starting kicker because of playing behind a good kicker the last two years. I assume West's kicker is still planning on playing for UT, right?

So you're a teacher? That would make sense as to how you know so much about West, but have an Oak Ridge name on here. I would deduce who you are by your location in the school, but I don't remember a Mr. Black.

RunninReb, one room down from art towards voc. bldg

George is still committed to UT and I think he can win the kickoff job. UT has Palardy kicking off, punting and placekicking. That's too much for one guy, he's gonna get hurt. I don't know of another team that has one guy doing it all. If George can kick it in the end zone. I expect him to be the kickoff guy for UT next year.

Boone will have to pass to beat West. If West stacks 8 in the box, they will shut down the run. gonna have to prove you can throw it to loosen up the d, or there will be alot of 3 and outs, and that's where the punt return for TD comes into play.

Ahh ok, pretty sure I had you. Fun class. Anyway Boone is in for a long night with no passing game. West's defense has really picked up since Derek Rang joined the staff. Driscoll, the previous D Coordinator, was very good himself. It seems like Rang is in another class though. And it doesn't hurt on offense when you're second and third string skill guys are better than the other team's 1st string guys!