South Doyle @ Sullivan South

THSVikings2004

I guess I am not making myself clear. I understand there were 3 freshman on the varsity from the start.

I am talking about 8 or so NEW FACES on the varsity as of last week and they will be there for the tournament.

Maybe I should ask somewhere else. Thanks.

Well, you've heard from me and from Crawdaddy. I think you have been very clear. What would you like to hear from us??

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Boone game was sad and ugly. I'm sorry that was your standard for our season. I wish you could have attended the Tennessee High game instead and I am sorry you will not be returning. I am pleased you have our young men's best interest at heart. You are correct that I probably don't understand because in the past you have focused on predictions of poor wins/losses. You have predicted players transferring and quitting. You have said really big change was coming soon and would let us know about it. If its not about who is playing and where, or what the record is, but instead the bigger picture and who is leading....I'm trying to figure out your agenda on a football message board. You obviously don't want to talk about the football team but seem more focused on why someone should be relieved of their duties because of something you perceive to be woefully lacking in their job performance. ....maybe if you would tell me what the problem is I could actually help you with it. You might be surprised by my connections to the local media. You don't have to tiptoe around on a message board.

Yea BM... spit it out or put a sock in it! It seems like every time you open your mouth boo boo comes out! :mellow:

Edited by Cap1

Well, you've heard from me and from Crawdaddy. I think you have been very clear. What would you like to hear from us??

After reading through this message board, I should have know better than to ask a question here.

But I have you know that to add 8 players to the varsity roster the week before the tournament is unheard of. In fact in other states it would be against the rules. Bye.

South-Doyle QB #18 Taylor Mason is a Big Tall Kid Throws the ball okkay he can run with it South-Doyle Wide Recievers #8 Jordan Cormack ( One of the best players on the team and Best CB they have ) can catch the football from basically anywhere Stephen Massey Another WR is Good one of Mason Favorite Targets and #10 Landon Raby is another good one watch out for those 3 WR. SD Running game is good they dont have the biggest line in the world but most of them are experienced so O-Line size wise is a problem idk how big South D-line is . South-Doyle Defense has its moments at times looks great some plays others not so much D-line up front is good probably havent seen this good of a D-line at SD since 07-08 season Linebackers are good and Secondary is pretty good back there. Watch out for SD Kickers Caleb Mitchell is their punter but he also plays WR and Swayer Campbell South Good Luck Trying to return one of his kicks because he boots most of them in the endzone and SD is coached by a Man who you Sullivan South People Have Heard Of Being He is from Northeast Tennessee Clark Duncan. My prediction for this game is south-doyle has to travel dang near 2 hours to get there first time in the playoffs in over 10 years Sullivan South wins this Game 35-14

South-Doyle QB #18 Taylor Mason is a Big Tall Kid Throws the ball okkay he can run with it South-Doyle Wide Recievers #8 Jordan Cormack ( One of the best players on the team and Best CB they have ) can catch the football from basically anywhere Stephen Massey Another WR is Good one of Mason Favorite Targets and #10 Landon Raby is another good one watch out for those 3 WR. SD Running game is good they dont have the biggest line in the world but most of them are experienced so O-Line size wise is a problem idk how big South D-line is . South-Doyle Defense has its moments at times looks great some plays others not so much D-line up front is good probably havent seen this good of a D-line at SD since 07-08 season Linebackers are good and Secondary is pretty good back there. Watch out for SD Kickers Caleb Mitchell is their punter but he also plays WR and Swayer Campbell South Good Luck Trying to return one of his kicks because he boots most of them in the endzone and SD is coached by a Man who you Sullivan South People Have Heard Of Being He is from Northeast Tennessee Clark Duncan. My prediction for this game is south-doyle has to travel dang near 2 hours to get there first time in the playoffs in over 10 years Sullivan South wins this Game 35-14

I'd say you know your football pretty well BUCGUY10. Without the missed pat you would've nailed it. I was impressed with the Cherokees playing hard the entire game when they could have packed it in down 21-0. It certainly looked like the Rebel line wore them down in the second half. The time of possession was close to 2:1 South.

I believe the Cherokees are headed in the right direction with Coach Duncan. Congratulations on a successful season and making the playoffs. I thought the South-Doyle halftime show was great too. Nice job thumb[1].gif

The Boone game was sad and ugly. I'm sorry that was your standard for our season. I wish you could have attended the Tennessee High game instead and I am sorry you will not be returning. I am pleased you have our young men's best interest at heart. You are correct that I probably don't understand because in the past you have focused on predictions of poor wins/losses. You have predicted players transferring and quitting. You have said really big change was coming soon and would let us know about it. If its not about who is playing and where, or what the record is, but instead the bigger picture and who is leading....I'm trying to figure out your agenda on a football message board. You obviously don't want to talk about the football team but seem more focused on why someone should be relieved of their duties because of something you perceive to be woefully lacking in their job performance. ....maybe if you would tell me what the problem is I could actually help you with it. You might be surprised by my connections to the local media. You don't have to tiptoe around on a message board.

Scores are just symptoms and if you want to play profiling and analysis at least follow some basic rules. Listen or read carefully and don't insert your personal bias in summarizing and in drawing conclusions.

You want to talk football and "help me" (LOL)? Let's start with this one; Where is the 4th captain?

I'll be back in a couple of days to read your 2 page dissertation.

Scores are just symptoms and if you want to play profiling and analysis at least follow some basic rules. Listen or read carefully and don't insert your personal bias in summarizing and in drawing conclusions.

You want to talk football and "help me" (LOL)? Let's start with this one; Where is the 4th captain?

OK "master bat". I give up. Where is he?

I'm slow, so help me out. The leadership you refer to is a player?

After reading through this message board, I should have know better than to ask a question here.

But I have you know that to add 8 players to the varsity roster the week before the tournament is unheard of. In fact in other states it would be against the rules. Bye.

Rebmom13. I will answer your question to the point: Bringing freshman up at playoff time is not "unheard of". In fact, it is common. I have been around this area, enjoying HS football, for some time. And before that I enjoyed HS football in other parts of the state. I can tell you, that it has been practiced for decades. It is somewhat of a reward to freshmen to allow them to stand on the sidelines in the playoffs. It really depends on the school and the ability of the sophomores up whether or not the freshmen get on the field. No, it is typically not common for freshman to see the field of play. BUT if the coaches see a bright future in a freshman and they feel he can contribute now, he should get a shot ahead of the older kid who isnt cutting the mustard. (Crawdad, there have been others besides Mr. Phillips. Ty Garvin comes to mind, as believe he started as a freshman at ILB.) Rebmom13, you have to realize that this isn't Upwards basketball where playing time is equal. The competition for playing time is intense not only at South but most all high schools. It does not matter what grade a kid is in, it matters what the coaches think in regards to the success of the team now and into the future.

A non starter who is a sophomore or junior has three choices. #1 start rattling cages in practice and work hard in the off season #2 continue doing the same things that has gained himself a spot on the sidelines and deal with HIS choice or #3 find another activity for the next year(s).

(RebelMom13, one piece of advice from an old goat who has no kids playing. Parents posting on here, especially when uninformed, uneducated in hs football, and emotional, does nothing but embarrass the kids, alienate you with others in the community, and alerts the coaches to avoid you. You gotta know this gets back to them. It might be different if you had a stupid screen name where noone knew who you were, like Pudding for example. :rolleyes: )

Rebmom13. I will answer your question to the point: Bringing freshman up at playoff time is not "unheard of". In fact, it is common. I have been around this area, enjoying HS football, for some time. And before that I enjoyed HS football in other parts of the state. I can tell you, that it has been practiced for decades. It is somewhat of a reward to freshmen to allow them to stand on the sidelines in the playoffs. It really depends on the school and the ability of the sophomores up whether or not the freshmen get on the field. No, it is typically not common for freshman to see the field of play. BUT if the coaches see a bright future in a freshman and they feel he can contribute now, he should get a shot ahead of the older kid who isnt cutting the mustard. (Crawdad, there have been others besides Mr. Phillips. Ty Garvin comes to mind, as believe he started as a freshman at ILB.) Rebmom13, you have to realize that this isn't Upwards basketball where playing time is equal. The competition for playing time is intense not only at South but most all high schools. It does not matter what grade a kid is in, it matters what the coaches think in regards to the success of the team now and into the future.

A non starter who is a sophomore or junior has three choices. #1 start rattling cages in practice and work hard in the off season #2 continue doing the same things that has gained himself a spot on the sidelines and deal with HIS choice or #3 find another activity for the next year(s).

(RebelMom13, one piece of advice from an old goat who has no kids playing. Parents posting on here, especially when uninformed, uneducated in hs football, and emotional, does nothing but embarrass the kids, alienate you with others in the community, and alerts the coaches to avoid you. You gotta know this gets back to them. It might be different if you had a stupid screen name where noone knew who you were, like Pudding for example. :rolleyes: )

My 13 is NOT a player number. It is a year. Anyway, please tell me how my question has embarrassed or alienated anyone. You ALL need to get a grip.

Again, I was not asking about freshmen that were with and part of the team all year and I am not really talking about playing time. If this policy, in this area, is to add 8 players, hardly anyone knows, to a team after a long season with the same teammates, then it is my opinion and the opinion of many others that it is terrible policy. It is even against the rules in some states.