South Doyle @ Sullivan South

THSVikings2004

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard South Doyle's offense was handcuffed last week at Jeff County due to the constant rain. SD had very little run Offense to speak of. SD tried to continue their spread / passing game with no success. I expect SD to come out throwing from 4-wide and throw several middle screens. I'd expect SD to try some hurry-up / no huddle as well. Sullivan South defense sees this offense every day at practice so there should be no surprises. Rebels need pressure on the qb and good coverage to win.

Edited by Pudding

I heard South Doyle's offense was handcuffed last week at Jeff County due to the constant rain. SD had very little run Offense to speak of. SD tried to continue their spread / passing game with no success. I expect SD to come out throwing from 4-wide and throw several middle screens. I'd expect SD to try some hurry-up / no huddle as well. Sullivan South defense sees this offense every day at practice so there should be no surprises. Rebels need pressure on the qb and good coverage to win.

Hope it's a good game and hopefully at least 3 of the Big 8 teams can make it to round 2. That would be big considering the down year most teams had.

South Doyle has one of the better defenses in the IMAC but they just don't have an identity on offense. Sometimes they'll line up in the spread and try to air it out, and then they'll come out the next drive in the I-formation and try to grind it out. I could see a coach doing this to try and keep a defense guessing, but it backfires because the offenses has no rhythm.

The present crop of coaches have assured South will desend into permanent mediocrity. The record says 6-4, but really should have been 4-6. 2 wins were overtime, to a non-playoff team and a 4A Elizabethtown....very lucky. 3 wins over combined 4-26 teams and a 20-7 win over 1A Gate City, VA.

If Doyle can stop the dive play and QB keeper that's 80%. (boobirds came out at the last home game over that.) The other 20% are go routes to the left with the QB pulling it down 1/2 the time and sweeping right. Other than the occasional trickery that is it. The corners can be burnt by the strong QB and sweeps opposite #15 can go all night. Quick RBs can run anywhere.

Good luck to both teams, but if Doyle wins by 40 or so that koolaid may start tasting a little sour.

The present crop of coaches have assured South will desend into permanent mediocrity. The record says 6-4, but really should have been 4-6. 2 wins were overtime, to a non-playoff team and a 4A Elizabethtown....very lucky. 3 wins over combined 4-26 teams and a 20-7 win over 1A Gate City, VA.

If Doyle can stop the dive play and QB keeper that's 80%. (boobirds came out at the last home game over that.) The other 20% are go routes to the left with the QB pulling it down 1/2 the time and sweeping right. Other than the occasional trickery that is it. The corners can be burnt by the strong QB and sweeps opposite #15 can go all night. Quick RBs can run anywhere.

Good luck to both teams, but if Doyle wins by 40 or so that koolaid may start tasting a little sour.

:shock:

South in a close one.

It's hard to run to the opposite side when #15 is in the middle. I'll hvae to agree with you on coaching tho. If we can't find a new OC then we are in trouble for years to come. The play calling is very predictable and linear. If south can't mix things up on the offensive side of the ball then I can see an upset in Death Valley.

It's hard to run to the opposite side when #15 is in the middle. I'll hvae to agree with you on coaching tho. If we can't find a new OC then we are in trouble for years to come. The play calling is very predictable and linear. If south can't mix things up on the offensive side of the ball then I can see an upset in Death Valley.

I suggest to you that Batmast is a DB fan and his comment comes from watching #15 switch to outside LB in the DB game(last game South tried that with #15). One thing that is predictable--when South wins, it's "how well the boys played" and when South loses, it's "how bad or predictable the coaches are". My take on it?-- A team is made up of coaches and players, none of which are perfect and all of which need to prepare mentally for all games. Sometimes players have bad games and sometimes coaches have bad games. Boone game is an example of where players and coaches were not at their best. It is easy for us to judge and criticize from the stands or from our recliners. Obviously, it is much harder for us to get off our butts at the games and stand up and clap and cheer and make some noise to show our support when they team needs it. Have you noticed (don't even tell me you have not) the few (like a handful) of people who actually stand up and cheer at the game. heck, a band parent has been ranting about how we don't stand up and cheer for the band when they are on the field--hello, excuse me.----WE don't even stand up for the football team, and excuse me---this is a Football Game. Come on people, give me a freakin break--let the boys play and let the coaches coach -----and you and me and Joe and Bill and Jane and Mama get up off our butts and make some noise. How about it??

Wow!!! O.K., settle down me! But really, people????

I suggest to you that Batmast is a DB fan and his comment comes from watching #15 switch to outside LB in the DB game(last game South tried that with #15). One thing that is predictable--when South wins, it's "how well the boys played" and when South loses, it's "how bad or predictable the coaches are". My take on it?-- A team is made up of coaches and players, none of which are perfect and all of which need to prepare mentally for all games. Sometimes players have bad games and sometimes coaches have bad games. Boone game is an example of where players and coaches were not at their best. It is easy for us to judge and criticize from the stands or from our recliners. Obviously, it is much harder for us to get off our butts at the games and stand up and clap and cheer and make some noise to show our support when they team needs it. Have you noticed (don't even tell me you have not) the few (like a handful) of people who actually stand up and cheer at the game. heck, a band parent has been ranting about how we don't stand up and cheer for the band when they are on the field--hello, excuse me.----WE don't even stand up for the football team, and excuse me---this is a Football Game. Come on people, give me a freakin break--let the boys play and let the coaches coach -----and you and me and Joe and Bill and Jane and Mama get up off our butts and make some noise. How about it??

Rebels could use a lot more like you M&J. Well done. :thumb:

Give em something to cheer for and they will cheer. Yeah its all the fans fault. heck you should feel lucky there is anyone but 2 or 3 daddies left in the stands.

What you have up there is a dysfunctional team led by a tantrum throwing Napolean (you know who I mean) supported by a few IDIOTS who have a vested interest in continured butt kissing. And I use the term "team" loosely. There is no team there anymore and wont be under the present circumstances. Don't take my word for it. Ask around.