Hardin Valley vs Sevier Co. Your take

sworxs

I know Mo. East has a pretty desent team but how did they play Sevier Co. so close? I would of picked Sevier Co. by 21.

According to most reports from those who attended the game, field conditions slowed the SC offense a great deal. I would think field conditions this past Friday night favored a good running game (ME) rather than a good passing game (SC).

TNHSBBALLFAN has pretty much nailed it.

Mo. East has a better team then their record shows and they are a big, bruising club that is a real load with Ricker at QB. However, not to take anything away from the Hurricanes cause they played well but they couldn't have asked for better weather and field conditions to augment their grind-it-out rushing attack and negate Sevier County's speed and passing.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres my take in this game. Sevier County takes ball first scores in 3 plays. 7-0 schs. Defense plays a great series. SCHS takes ball scores in 5 plays. 14-0 schs.. Defense plays another great series. SCHS takes ball on a great 7 minute drive to paydirt. SCHS 21-0. HV finally gets rolling with Eskridge but it is too late for there ground attack.. Final score SCHS 35 HV 21.. JV's go in with a score 35-14.With 4 minutes left in the game.

Sevier County 35 Hardin Valley 21.

Hardin Valley needs to keep SCHS off the field and establish long scoring drives to win. Which they could possibly do with there running game but SCHS defense is very much a bunch of ball hawks early in the game and usually make a t-over or 2. Congratz to both squads for a good year. And hope they both play a great game for the ages. Injury and t-over free.

Heres my take in this game. Sevier County takes ball first scores in 3 plays. 7-0 schs. Defense plays a great series. SCHS takes ball scores in 5 plays. 14-0 schs.. Defense plays another great series. SCHS takes ball on a great 7 minute drive to paydirt. SCHS 21-0. HV finally gets rolling with Eskridge but it is too late for there ground attack.. Final score SCHS 35 HV 21.. JV's go in with a score 35-14.With 4 minutes left in the game.

Sevier County 35 Hardin Valley 21.

Hardin Valley needs to keep SCHS off the field and establish long scoring drives to win. Which they could possibly do with there running game but SCHS defense is very much a bunch of ball hawks early in the game and usually make a t-over or 2. Congratz to both squads for a good year. And hope they both play a great game for the ages. Injury and t-over free.

I don't think this game will be close...SC in a romp.

To cut to the chase this game boils down to pretty much one very simple but key point: Slow/Stop SC's passing attack. If HV's defense can limit our ability to throw and catch then they will have a very good chance for the upset. Everything we do offensively is predicated on our ability to complete passes and spread the field. We don't have the personnel to line up and just run the ball and be nearly as effective. Stop our passing and you can beat us. It's that simple.

To cut to the chase this game boils down to pretty much one very simple but key point: Slow/Stop SC's passing attack. If HV's defense can limit our ability to throw and catch then they will have a very good chance for the upset. Everything we do offensively is predicated on our ability to complete passes and spread the field. We don't have the personnel to line up and just run the ball and be nearly as effective. Stop our passing and you can beat us. It's that simple.

If DB couldn't fully stop your guys' attack, then i doubt very seriously HVA will, just saying.

If DB couldn't fully stop your guys' attack, then i doubt very seriously HVA will, just saying.

I was at the DB SC game earlier in the season and I couldn't believe how bad DB looked and still won. I am not looking forward to SC coming back to Kingsport should both teams still be in the playoffs. They are a well coached team who ran the spread very well early in the season and I imagine they've only gotten better. SC is a scary playoff team this year.

I was at the DB SC game earlier in the season and I couldn't believe how bad DB looked and still won. I am not looking forward to SC coming back to Kingsport should both teams still be in the playoffs. They are a well coached team who ran the spread very well early in the season and I imagine they've only gotten better. SC is a scary playoff team this year.

I agree Scary team to try too stop. no doubt the timing routes are very good, can score from anywhere on the field. Bears win 42-14.