Millington vs White Station

Trojanx

Wow! If you missed last friday night you missed one of the most exciting High School football games I have seen and I have seen a few with three boys who have played. It was a great HS football atmosphere. Millington ended the regular season 9-1 and are district champs beating a team that was ranked #3 in Shelby county by the Commercial Appeal. A lot of naysayers are eating crow or should be...including the people who didnt think we had the talent to be where we are right now (#2 seed in Shelby County). We do have the talent, all we had to do was eliminate some fixable errors. Fumbles, better...pass coverage, better...kickoff coverage, better...playing with some heart and confidence, better! Now, the next task at hand...White Station. They are a dangerous team. We must keep up the intensity to beat these guys. (would love to have another shot at Brighton), but first things first. What are the thoughts on WS???????????????

Go Trojans! Keep up the roll!!!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win for the Trojans and very happy they are District Champs. Big shout out to the coaches and players for a hard fought victory. TrojanX- you are probably referring to me about eating crow- I never said we didn't have talent- just for you to stop blaming the coaches when we don't play to "your" daddy expectations. No negativity this week- so don't reply. Let's just show up Friday Night and be loud against the Spartans. They have a good squad and it should be a great ball game. Got to be ready for a stacked box- 0-3-3 aint gonna get it done this week. Still gonna come down to the boys with their hand on the ground on both sides of the ball. The BIG Boys up front will decide the game. The team that wins the battle in the trenches will win the game. Go Trojans.....

Hey...if the shoe fits???? "Daddy expectations" are one of the things that keeps the High School programs what they are...it is a big deal for the parents to have a son playing football and my wife and I have supported this program a lot over the past several years with our time and money. My son has played with these boys since SYS football and they won the conference( see article to come in Millington Star) back then. I know what these kids are capable of and they have proven it. You would understand if you had a kid playing.........

The Trojans are ranked #5 in the Dandy Dozen and received enough votes in the TN AP poll to put them at #12. We all know what polls do for you on Friday nights although. WS will not be an easy win...they are a run team pretty much as we are with a good defense and a lot of speed. I hear #14 is a good player...any info on him??? Does WS run the wing t also?

Edited by Trojanx

Let's just concentrate on Friday Night and not worry about what happened in SYS. You have got to be kidding. Since they won the conference way back in elementary school they should win them all now???? I am glad that you and your wife have supported the program with your time and money. It is greatly appreciated- however your contributions do not give you the right to flame negativity every time the former SYS champs don't see success at the High School level. Get a grip with reality. Support the whole program and keep your negativity to yourself.

Honestly- Marlon you have been a great supporter and it is great. My whole problem with you has been you wanting to criticize when things don't go well. I am finished with this discussion. Go TRojans and lets keep it up.

The focus this week should be on beating White Station and advancing to Round 2.

Let's just concentrate on Friday Night and not worry about what happened in SYS. You have got to be kidding. Since they won the conference way back in elementary school they should win them all now???? I am glad that you and your wife have supported the program with your time and money. It is greatly appreciated- however your contributions do not give you the right to flame negativity every time the former SYS champs don't see success at the High School level. Get a grip with reality. Support the whole program and keep your negativity to yourself.

Honestly- Marlon you have been a great supporter and it is great. My whole problem with you has been you wanting to criticize when things don't go well. I am finished with this discussion. Go TRojans and lets keep it up.

The focus this week should be on beating White Station and advancing to Round 2.

You missed the point on the SYS thing but that figures. Success has been achieved at the HS level...we won the district...

Edited by Trojanx

if millington wins , they should have a re-match with brighton , but brighton has never won a playoff game , so that probably want happen. seems like brighton goes 10-0 or 9-1 every year , but they lose in the 1st round.sounds like poor preparation or they are getting ready for basketball season.

Brighton has won a playoff game. In fact they have won 2. Back in 2003, they advanced to the quarterfinals before losing to Covington. They have not won a playoff game since moving up in classification though. They will have their hands full with Southwind.

Great win for the Trojans and very happy they are District Champs. Big shout out to the coaches and players for a hard fought victory. TrojanX- you are probably referring to me about eating crow- I never said we didn't have talent- just for you to stop blaming the coaches when we don't play to "your" daddy expectations. No negativity this week- so don't reply. Let's just show up Friday Night and be loud against the Spartans. They have a good squad and it should be a great ball game. Got to be ready for a stacked box- 0-3-3 aint gonna get it done this week. Still gonna come down to the boys with their hand on the ground on both sides of the ball. The BIG Boys up front will decide the game. The team that wins the battle in the trenches will win the game. Go Trojans.....

I did not think he was refering to you and nothing wrong with being a Dad or a srong supporter like yourself. My son finished his time as a Trojan player.I continue to support and love THE TROJANS, so if I want to be a typical fan and state things we do well as well as things we may not, I have earned it just like many others.

Now boy are we playing great right now. I think we can really make some noise in these playoffs but not an easy task, White Station is a good team. Support our entire team show up to the games on time , spend a little money, and be loud . I am still hoarse from Friday. I agree about the line of scrimmage.

"LET'S GO TROJANS"

Edited by dou

you are right. brighton did win 2 playoff games that year with the great tim stallings as head coach. they were beaten by covington 54-6. the current coach at brighton has not won a playoff game. i think coach stallings is been leading whitehaven to many victories over the last few years. maybe they should have kept coach stallings , he was getting them on the right track.