Riverdale vs Coffee County

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davis said on his radio show today, it was part of his secret plan to end the first half. Said he had several injured on kickoff return, and wanted to get half over before the had to receive again. According to him, if they had ended the half as it was that starting 2nd half they wouldn't have had a running clock anymore.

Davis said on his radio show today, it was part of his secret plan to end the first half. Said he had several injured on kickoff return, and wanted to get half over before the had to receive again. According to him, if they had ended the half as it was that starting 2nd half they wouldn't have had a running clock anymore.

In my earlier post I was trying to give Davis the benefit of the doubt about his first year as a head coach, but after reading this, I cannot. This sends a terrible message to his players that it is ok to give up. Not a good move for a long term plan of making CC a winner.

Who would believe the reasoning that was given on the radio show? ( CC maybe ). I would think CC had more players that could have been put in the game. I would say it was to hold the score down. I will give the coach credit, this is a new tactic and I have never heard of this before, but unfortunately, this is the wrong signal for the players and program. You cannot rationalize this decision.