Knox Catholic, where do we go

footballsense

That would be the biggest surprise to me and the others that are close to the football program at CAK. Rusty Bradley has turned down opportunities to coach at Carson Newman in recent years so I doubt he would leave for another area high school. He is content at CAK. Additionally he has a special affection for the Jr. class with all the record setting receivers and QB that fit his passing offense perfectly. Additionally, and more importantly, you have to have an opening for the coaching job and unless I just missed it, McKamey went 10-0 and will be back to coach the RAMS. But I would never say never. I would lay odds that this rumbling has absolutely no merit.

Agreed. I doubt there is much meat on that bone but I will have to say it has & continues to linger much longer than the normal "silly season" rantings. I'll be sitting in the seat right next to you on the "shocked the crap outta me" bus if either go anywhere. Bradley because he is a fine coach & an upstanding Christian man that runs a very good program. He also places emphasis on not only turning young boys into great football players, his leadership & example helps make them into better men, husbands, & fathers. McKamey probably won't go anywhere for opposite reasons. I don't believe he possesses the same traits & character as does Bradley and. . . well let's just say that he & the program at GCA fit well with each other. If they don't wanna change the way they do business then they have the right man for the job. Same statement about CAK, thankfully the two are worlds apart on how they do business. Congrats to CAK on another fine season.

Edited by downanddistance

Agreed. I doubt there is much meat on that bone but I will have to say it has & continues to linger much longer than the normal "silly season" rantings. I'll be sitting in the seat right next to you on the "shocked the crap outta me" bus if either go anywhere. Bradley because he is a fine coach & an upstanding Christian man that runs a very good program. He also places emphasis on not only turning young boys into great football players, his leadership & example helps make them into better men, husbands, & fathers. McKamey probably won't go anywhere for opposite reasons. I don't believe he possesses the same traits & character as does Bradley and. . . well let's just say that he & the program at GCA fit well with each other. If they don't wanna change the way they do business then they have the right man for the job. Same statement about CAK, thankfully the two are worlds apart on how they do business. Congrats to CAK on another fine season.

Thanks for the congratulations and the kind words about CAK. No school is perfect including CAK, but I know from deep inside the program that Coach Bradley runs it by the book both legally (TSSAA) and ethically. I have heard that GCA would like to improve their athletic image but I have heard nothing else as it pertains to any coaching changes. I believe Rusty Bradley is happy at CAK and will continue to be the Warriors coach, at least in the short term. IF he ever wanted to get into college coaching he sure would make someone a fantastic Passing Game Coordinator. But when he feels like God has called him to another school, (GCA or others), then that is when he will leave, or at least thats my opinion based upon my observations and conversations with him.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Thanks for the congratulations and the kind words about CAK. No school is perfect including CAK, but I know from deep inside the program that Coach Bradley runs it by the book both legally (TSSAA) and ethically. I have heard that GCA would like to improve their athletic image but I have heard nothing else as it pertains to any coaching changes. I believe Rusty Bradley is happy at CAK and will continue to be the Warriors coach, at least in the short term. IF he ever wanted to get into college coaching he sure would make someone a fantastic Passing Game Coordinator. But when he feels like God has called him to another school, (GCA or others), then that is when he will leave, or at least thats my opinion based upon my observations and conversations with him.

Have a Merry Christmas!

CAK is very fortunate to have a man like coach Bradley, the players can only benefit from the influence he provides. I hope wherever God leads him in his life he allows him to continue to be a mentor for young men. I hold a high opinion of both you & the CAK program as a whole. That's what comes when a group of people have a strong work ethic & faith in God. Many many programs could fare very well to follow the example set by CAK. A Merry Christmas to you & yours as well.

Was wishing for a great xmas gift from the KCHS admin but it seems they are going to be a scrouge and keep suitcase meadows around, I for one would say if I knew that the majority of people in my program wanted me to leave and had no respet for me I would go on my own, tells you allot about a guy that stays around for the money. lots of folks upset or just saying they will not continue going to games and such, its a shame considering where we were with the continued success season afetr season, I guess the easiest way to submarine a program is to find a coach that you can stand behind regardless of the cost. Great job ADMIN.

Was wishing for a great xmas gift from the KCHS admin but it seems they are going to be a scrouge and keep suitcase meadows around, I for one would say if I knew that the majority of people in my program wanted me to leave and had no respet for me I would go on my own, tells you allot about a guy that stays around for the money. lots of folks upset or just saying they will not continue going to games and such, its a shame considering where we were with the continued success season afetr season, I guess the easiest way to submarine a program is to find a coach that you can stand behind regardless of the cost. Great job ADMIN.

Have you heard for certain that Meadows will be retained or are you assuming that because admin has not hired anyone else at this point?

Have you heard for certain that Meadows will be retained or are you assuming that because admin has not hired anyone else at this point?

jake, I don't have anything to go on other then the fact that the rumors are he will be the coach next year and I know for a fact that some of the top fund givers have asked for him to be replaced, one of those guys is my best friends dad and he says the info he got was that he is the coach for 2012, sad sad moment for my school, oh well CAK isn't far to go watch much better football.

jake, I don't have anything to go on other then the fact that the rumors are he will be the coach next year and I know for a fact that some of the top fund givers have asked for him to be replaced, one of those guys is my best friends dad and he says the info he got was that he is the coach for 2012, sad sad moment for my school, oh well CAK isn't far to go watch much better football.

Well, it sounds as if some of those "givers" will stop giving for a couple of years, they may get the attention of the admin. It is ironic that Meadows has been in places over the years that people wanted him to stay, and he would leave, now he is in a place that a lot of people want him to go, and you can't get him to leave. Money will do that. Nobody ever accused him of being dumb.

JSamson. I could care less if Catholic wins another game. If you think that GQ was as dismissive of Pemberton when the region was announced, I'd suggest you....well, you'd be wrong. Rankin is no more going Catholic than he is going back to Smith County,,,,,where he, Maynord, and oh yeah Pemberton all have roots. BTW, Catholic would never get beat by Greenback; but Heritage, now that's another matter :roflol:

I know this is a old post but to help with what JSamson7 replied to this post...some is repeated...

Knoxville Catholic is 7-9 overall against Greenback.

11/2/1979 GHS 8 KCHS 7

10/30/1980 GHS 28 KCHS 14

10/29/1981 GHS 0 KCHS 7

10/28/1982 GHS 7 KCHS 30

10/14/1983 GHS 14 KCHS 27

10/19/1984 GHS 0 KCHS 19

9/27/1985 GHS 0 KCHS 35

9/26/1986 GHS 14 KCHS 20

11/14/1986 GHS 6 KCHS 7

10/11/1991 GHS 65 KCHS 7 (An probably haven't been beat that bad since)

10/9/1992 GHS 39 KCHS 3

9/3/1993 GHS 24 KCHS 6

9/2/1994 GHS 30 KCHS 16

9/15/1995 GHS 34 KCHS 18

11/3/1995 GHS 33 KCHS 0

9/20/1996 GHS 39 KCHS 7

*bold are playoff games*

JSamson. I could care less if Catholic wins another game. If you think that GQ was as dismissive of Pemberton when the region was announced, I'd suggest you....well, you'd be wrong. Rankin is no more going Catholic than he is going back to Smith County,,,,,where he, Maynord, and oh yeah Pemberton all have roots. BTW, Catholic would never get beat by Greenback; but Heritage, now that's another matter :roflol:

I know this is a old post but to help with what JSamson7 replied to this post...some is repeated...

11/2/1979 GHS 8 KCHS 7

10/29/1981 GHS 0 KCHS 7

10/28/1982 GHS 7 KCHS 30

10/19/1984 GHS 0 KCHS 19

9/27/1985 GHS 0 KCHS 35

9/26/1986 GHS 14 KCHS 20

11/14/1986 GHS 6 KCHS 7

10/9/1992 GHS 39 KCHS 3

9/3/1993 GHS 24 KCHS 6

9/2/1994 GHS 30 KCHS 16

9/15/1995 GHS 34 KCHS 18

11/3/1995 GHS 33 KCHS 0

9/20/1996 GHS 39 KCHS 7

*bold are playoff games*

11/2/1979 GHS 8 KCHS 7

10/29/1981 GHS 0 KCHS 7

10/28/1982 GHS 7 KCHS 30

10/19/1984 GHS 0 KCHS 19

9/27/1985 GHS 0 KCHS 35

9/26/1986 GHS 14 KCHS 20

11/14/1986 GHS 6 KCHS 7

10/9/1992 GHS 39 KCHS 3

9/3/1993 GHS 24 KCHS 6

9/2/1994 GHS 30 KCHS 16

9/15/1995 GHS 34 KCHS 18

11/3/1995 GHS 33 KCHS 0

9/20/1996 GHS 39 KCHS 7

*bold are playoff games*

11/2/1979 GHS 8 KCHS 7

10/29/1981 GHS 0 KCHS 7

10/28/1982 GHS 7 KCHS 30

10/19/1984 GHS 0 KCHS 19

9/27/1985 GHS 0 KCHS 35

9/26/1986 GHS 14 KCHS 20

11/14/1986 GHS 6 KCHS 7

10/9/1992 GHS 39 KCHS 3

9/3/1993 GHS 24 KCHS 6

9/2/1994 GHS 30 KCHS 16

9/15/1995 GHS 34 KCHS 18

11/3/1995 GHS 33 KCHS 0

9/20/1996 GHS 39 KCHS 7

*bold are playoff games*