Elizabethton

ctg2x92

When you play Etown the opposite teams post will have to be able to battle all night in there considering they will be going against a 6'4 300 lb kid and a 6'8 kid that can score consistently

I know who the 300 pounder is....but the 6-8 kid is a mystery. East was thrown into the fire last year with the loss of Cross, and really only lost one consistent senior contributor. Do you believe that Simpson can stay healthy and out of foul trouble enough to contribute? And who is this 6-8 guy?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know who the 300 pounder is....but the 6-8 kid is a mystery. East was thrown into the fire last year with the loss of Cross, and really only lost one consistent senior contributor. Do you believe that Simpson can stay healthy and out of foul trouble enough to contribute? And who is this 6-8 guy?

I am very confident that he will be staying out of foul trouble and contributing a double double most nights and the 6'8 Michael Wagner kid is a junior who didnt play a single game last year due to an elbow injury. Wagner will hopefully top out at 6'10 and be a force to be reckoned with down there

I am very confident that he will be staying out of foul trouble and contributing a double double most nights and the 6'8 Michael Wagner kid is a junior who didnt play a single game last year due to an elbow injury. Wagner will hopefully top out at 6'10 and be a force to be reckoned with down there

RE: Wagner... I'd heard he was measured at the Clemson camp at 6'-9 1/2". He actually missed most of his freshman year with a knee and shoulder injury (tried to play football). Both required surgery. Last year he had a tumor removed from his elbow. So he's actually a couple years behind. He played alot of summer ball this year and improved a ton. When he spreads his arms out he looks like a 747 taking off. But somebody needs to get that boy and tell him he's not a 3-point shooter. Back to the basket and in the paint. At 6'8/6'9.. he could dominate East Tennessee.

I thought Betsy would be pretty dern good this year but they're not. Very disappointed. I watched them play this weekend at Johnson County and they got their butts spanked by Bearden and Science Hill. Gordon better come thru this year or he'll be gone. Dugger would have them in the Boro this year and next year.

Edited by CCoriginal

from the results of the hardees i think east showed they belong 1st till other wise i will say unicoi 2nd after that a close race for the rest of 3 rivers

Watched the Betsy/Hampton game last night. I was hoping I was wrong but Elizabethton is not as good as advertised. No guards... put some pressure on them and they fold like a cheap lawn chair. Murray is a player. For some reason, Gordan has decided to keep his 2 best post players (Wagner and Simpson)on the bench. No inside game with his lineup. What a waste of talent.

So I read Elizabethton's coach is out only four games into the season. What gives?

Eliz was to be the area's top team...Unicoi wiped em and too many teams played em close...alot of talent on the bench too much and the less talented playing way too much IMO...If Im hearing right and Dugger is now boy's coach, we'll see some ball playing outta Eliz now

IF what Im hearing now about the new coach is true, Id be jumping up and down... if I were an Eliz fan! :thumb:

Edited by uknoit2

Eliz was to be the area's top team...Unicoi wiped em and too many teams played em close...alot of talent on the bench too much and the less talented playing way too much IMO...If Im hearing right and Dugger is now boy's coach, we'll see some ball playing outta Eliz now

IF what Im hearing now about the new coach is true, Id be jumping up and down... if I were an Eliz fan! :thumb:

oh yea since players are going to quit because nobody wants 2 play for duggar, good one haha

oh yea since players are going to quit because nobody wants 2 play for duggar, good one haha

The players that do not want to win and work hard are the ones going to quit. I've known Coach Dugger for a long time. He's a da** good coach and even better man. Elizabethton has a ton of talent and should be in every game they play. There's no reason why they should get beat by 20+ to Erwin and Science Hill.

I know several of these kids real well. They're great kids. They just have one problem.... they are 16/17 year old kids who think they know more about basketball (and life) than the adult leading them. All they want to do is jack up 3's and play half-a** defense. If they listen to Coach Dugger they will be successful. Back to back trips to the state tournament are not out of the question now.

As for the ones that want to quit...... good ridance. Let them go home and have mommy and daddy tell them how great they are. You don't need those types on a team. I've heard 3 names mentioned that said they were quitting.... take your lazy butts home if you want everything handed to you and don't want to work hard. I'm sure with this attitude you'll be real successful in life also.

Gordan's a good man. He needed tighter reigns on these kids.

The players that do not want to win and work hard are the ones going to quit. I've known Coach Dugger for a long time. He's a da** good coach and even better man. Elizabethton has a ton of talent and should be in every game they play. There's no reason why they should get beat by 20+ to Erwin and Science Hill.

I know several of these kids real well. They're great kids. They just have one problem.... they are 16/17 year old kids who think they know more about basketball (and life) than the adult leading them. All they want to do is jack up 3's and play half-a** defense. If they listen to Coach Dugger they will be successful. Back to back trips to the state tournament are not out of the question now.

As for the ones that want to quit...... good ridance. Let them go home and have mommy and daddy tell them how great they are. You don't need those types on a team. I've heard 3 names mentioned that said they were quitting.... take your lazy butts home if you want everything handed to you and don't want to work hard. I'm sure with this attitude you'll be real successful in life also.

Gordan's a good man. He needed tighter reigns on these kids.

Im not sure, but the ones talking bout quiting, probably better had 'cause they wont see as much playing time. Len flat-out knows the game (as most Hampton greats do...had to throw that in :thumb: ) and will play the talent that works hard...and they WILL work hard under him if they want to play!

Edited by uknoit2