Rhea County

EagleLegend1

Its hard for any coach to take over that late and implement any system..you just said get a new coach now so he can have fall workouts. Spring practice and summer workouts. It make a huge difference..I know results were not what you wanted but if you think if Fitzgerald only had three wins this year you would call for his head to. RHEA will be back if Greene decides to stay

It would be wrong and unfair to make Greene walk right now and most of us understand that BUT we all would like to see some major strides by this time next year and you should agree. I would like you and Pride to tell us what you have seen out of Greene that will make the rest of us feel like he can get us there.

What I believe what needs to be said about this whole subject is the product that was put on the field was no where near what Rhea County football has been or what is supposed to be. I believe the players tried hard but were not put in a position to succeed. Yes the late hire had some to do with it but with many players returning the leadership and direction of the program is where I find fault. I was embarrased by all the personal foul penalties. Plus I do not recall in the last 8-10 years, the officials having to bring players together like they did in 3-4 games this year to tell them to act right. Let alone the delay of game penalties and other penalties just not being organized and prepared. The actions towards the players at practice, in the weight room and the training area, plus the obsentity laced half-time talk at Walker Valley was enough to make me sick that this was a Rhea County coaching staff. This is a proud county, with great football tradition and the players and fans who are involved deserve and demand better treatment than they got this year. The administration needs to gather all this information and make the right decision and remove some of the parties involved and start over. At least then the school would have the winter and spring to be prepared for next season.

I have no interest in criticizing the kids or the coaches for this unfortunate year, but to suggest that the Rhea County Administration might "do the right thing" is laughable. The Rhea County Administration is part of the problem. They would not recognize the "right thing" if it slapped them in the face. Levengood and Messemer are to blame for the coaching revolving door at Rhea County and the instability that resulted. Earlier, someone said they did not know who is on the Rhea County School Board which is also a problem. Levengood will make coaching decisions in hopes of securing support from certain school board members. Pay attention to the bigger picture and you will get the picture.

I would like to challenge the administration to make its coaching decisions going forward as if each one impacted their own precious children - and that applies to all coaching positions, not just football.

So you want results? But at what cost to the kids and the program involved? Ask yourself that.

Edited by rheacountyeaglefan

I have no interest in criticizing the kids or the coaches for this unfortunate year, but to suggest that the Rhea County Administration might "do the right thing" is laughable. The Rhea County Administration is part of the problem. They would not recognize the "right thing" if it slapped them in the face. Levengood and Messemer are to blame for the coaching revolving door at Rhea County and the instability that resulted. Earlier, someone said they did not know who is on the Rhea County School Board which is also a problem. Levengood will make coaching decisions in hopes of securing support from certain school board members. Pay attention to the bigger picture and you will get the picture.

I noticed levengood making some coaching decisions this year. Anyone else notice him in the pressbox with a headset on?

It would be wrong and unfair to make Greene walk right now and most of us understand that BUT we all would like to see some major strides by this time next year and you should agree. I would like you and Pride to tell us what you have seen out of Greene that will make the rest of us feel like he can get us there.

We hired him because he has been a part of several VERY good football programs. He's at least had a glimpse of what it takes to compete for state championships. Our previous staff didn't have that. At all.

So you want results? But at what cost to the kids and the program involved? Ask yourself that.

What are you even talking about?

I noticed levengood making some coaching decisions this year. Anyone else notice him in the pressbox with a headset on?

Just remember - always follow the backstory. Check out who on the School Board is pushing Levengood's buttons when it comes to coaching in all sports. It is there. Greene might be smart to let Ole Jerry in the press box. Great ego-stroke. How many professional (I stress the word "professional") directors of schools do you see in press boxes wearing a headset? As for Messemer (the other half of the Dynamic Duo)from what I can determine, Messemer is taking sports advice from his family - that was very clear when it came to softball. Most people in the know in this part of Southeast Tennessee understand that one softball coach was not rehired because she was not playing Messemer's neices. Forget about blaming coaches (former or current) or our great Rhea County kids - just look at the bigger picture and you will figure it out. I am not a coach at Rhea County. Have never coached at Rhea County. Have played enough to know a bad situation when I see one. It is not the coaches. It is the administration. If you create a negative environment you will have negative results. The problem is at the top. Wake up, Eagles fans.

Just remember - always follow the backstory. Check out who on the School Board is pushing Levengood's buttons when it comes to coaching in all sports. It is there. Greene might be smart to let Ole Jerry in the press box. Great ego-stroke. How many professional (I stress the word "professional") directors of schools do you see in press boxes wearing a headset? As for Messemer (the other half of the Dynamic Duo)from what I can determine, Messemer is taking sports advice from his family - that was very clear when it came to softball. Most people in the know in this part of Southeast Tennessee understand that one softball coach was not rehired because she was not playing Messemer's neices. Forget about blaming coaches (former or current) or our great Rhea County kids - just look at the bigger picture and you will figure it out. I am not a coach at Rhea County. Have never coached at Rhea County. Have played enough to know a bad situation when I see one. It is not the coaches. It is the administration. If you create a negative environment you will have negative results. The problem is at the top. Wake up, Eagles fans.

The softball coach from Soddy-Daisy or the one from Cumberland County? Both had things going in the right direction.

Yep, it's true. And I guess I'll take the trash talker comment as a compliment? YOU, my friend, have been "pals" with a GIRL on a football message board all these years. LOL

But I have enjoyed the back-and-forth. Hope your program finds a good, solid head coach soon and gets your team on track.

Good to know there are some more women on here. :thumb:

I hope everything turns around for your team! .....and ours lol