Rhea County

EagleLegend1

Well guys and gals here is how I see it. I was at every game but 1 this year and alot of the practices. I seen very little discipling. This years team had issues from the coach's to the players. PERIOD. Rhea County is not blessed with outstanding athletes and haven't been for along time. But what we have had is a group of kids that love the game of football joining together and playing hard nosed football. And they were competing until this year. So not a soul on here can make me believe that it was lack of tallent. That is on the coach's ability to coach and therefore I blame the coaching. The idiotic penalties the mouthing the sideline caos with players I blame the players.

All this other stuff everyone keeps bringing up that the administration is at blame. Well all I can say is get out and vote and make the changes. Or go to the school board meetings and place your concerns. Surely they are all not as tight knit as some of you say. But at the end of the day what ever you do, do in regards to the players of any sport. They are who it affects the most.

Agreed. :thumb:

I have followed this thread for a good bit of time and have something's to say myself. I will start with the kids that do not like their new head coach. I believe some of them to be spoiled children who are used to getting things their way either at home or being able to be lazy in practice this is just my opinion. The upper classman i can understand them not particularly liking a coaching change and have loyalties to Mr.Fitzgerald but also this isnt about your coach its about the TEAM. I hope the young men on this team pull together and decide if they are all in or if it is going to be a me first thing. As far as all the things that have been said about the practice incident if the parents of that child are at peace with it then everyone else needs to let it go. All of this is just what I think so before you bash me read the whole thread and if you take exception because you think I am talking about your child then maybe you should evaluate yourself and not me. I watch from the stands and see a lot of what you all see but things are not always as they appear so remember this before we start name calling.

Good post.

I've been out of town for the holidays, eaglefan. I don't care what our coach did at Blackman. I just want to win.

Well guys and gals here is how I see it. I was at every game but 1 this year and alot of the practices. I seen very little discipling. This years team had issues from the coach's to the players. PERIOD. Rhea County is not blessed with outstanding athletes and haven't been for along time. But what we have had is a group of kids that love the game of football joining together and playing hard nosed football. And they were competing until this year. So not a soul on here can make me believe that it was lack of tallent. That is on the coach's ability to coach and therefore I blame the coaching. The idiotic penalties the mouthing the sideline caos with players I blame the players.

All this other stuff everyone keeps bringing up that the administration is at blame. Well all I can say is get out and vote and make the changes. Or go to the school board meetings and place your concerns. Surely they are all not as tight knit as some of you say. But at the end of the day what ever you do, do in regards to the players of any sport. They are who it affects the most.

Well said!

I have followed this thread for a good bit of time and have something's to say myself. I will start with the kids that do not like their new head coach. I believe some of them to be spoiled children who are used to getting things their way either at home or being able to be lazy in practice this is just my opinion. The upper classman i can understand them not particularly liking a coaching change and have loyalties to Mr.Fitzgerald but also this isnt about your coach its about the TEAM. I hope the young men on this team pull together and decide if they are all in or if it is going to be a me first thing. As far as all the things that have been said about the practice incident if the parents of that child are at peace with it then everyone else needs to let it go. All of this is just what I think so before you bash me read the whole thread and if you take exception because you think I am talking about your child then maybe you should evaluate yourself and not me. I watch from the stands and see a lot of what you all see but things are not always as they appear so remember this before we start name calling.

Here is how I see it. If you like a sport well enough to play it you should not be concerned who the coach is. Do you have momma's boy's out there that do no wrong? Yes, same anywhere you go. The fact of the matter is, when these boys sign up to play football or any other sport there is going to be competition. Someone's son is going to be better than someone else's. SORRY that's just the fact. So with all due respect support your son and if someone beats him out in a spot encourage him to get better and take it back. Not well they don't like or they think you suck. And oh yes it goes on. So parents it starts with YOU.

Hey guys, Rhea County has two locals coaching in state championship games this weekend. With that being said, here is my soap box. Why does our administration let so many good coaches get out of Rhea. Instead we hire someone from Cleveland who will leave as soon as something comes open. You got Ballard at Greenville, Hawkins at CAK, Owensby and Smith at Bledsoe, Allen and Cook at Central, and Fitzgerald at a school to be named later. Thats just to mention a few and that is just football, lets not get on other sports that they have let good coaches go. May I say "WOW".

Hey guys, Rhea County has two locals coaching in state championship games this weekend. With that being said, here is my soap box. Why does our administration let so many good coaches get out of Rhea. Instead we hire someone from Cleveland who will leave as soon as something comes open. You got Ballard at Greenville, Hawkins at CAK, Owensby and Smith at Bledsoe, Allen and Cook at Central, and Fitzgerald at a school to be named later. Thats just to mention a few and that is just football, lets not get on other sports that they have let good coaches go. May I say "WOW".

Great post! I continue to scratch my head and wonder myself.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You are right. Some may not make the move because of the money or they have settled in and made home in a new place but there are several of those mentioned that would like the opportunity if it was presented to them. I am sure some would even take a reasonable cut in pay. My opinion.

You're entitled to your opinion and here's mine. I don't think any of the aboved mentioned would come back to good ole rhea county. I believe some or maybe even all of them at one time would have taken the job in a heart beat, but now that they have tasted the better life just seems silly to think some one would give up a big pay cut and the athletes they get to coach to come back to the wreck that this administration has gotten us into. I hate to say it but this bunch of guys making the decisions may have made their beds. Don't think it's a sleep number bed either!

You are right. Some may not make the move because of the money or they have settled in and made home in a new place but there are several of those mentioned that would like the opportunity if it was presented to them. I am sure some would even take a reasonable cut in pay. My opinion.

The only one of them I would be excited to have back is Ballard. He had his opportunity and didn't even put in an application.