50 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Oak Ridge
    • Cookeville

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch... that was hurtful.... we're used to it though. Heard the same crap last year.

I hope OakRidge goes all the way!!! Got to root for the only Anderson County team left in the playoffs.... I just know its going to be a huge game but the Cats proved alot wrong last year... Go Cats!!!

Space, you're right, if we are able to pull off a win Friday. We most likely will play Riverdale at their place. That is a tough challenge for anybody, but I think scheme wise we match up well with Riverdale. I think overall they have more athletes, they're bigger and stronger and faster overall. But I think Blade has a great scheme for not stopping, but containing that high powered double wing offense. I think our offense is really clicking right now and is good enough to keep us in the game. I hope we get the opportunity to go down there and find out. But right now, we have to figure out how to beat Cookeville. Practice has been very good this week. Don't know much about Cookeville. We just plan on going down and doing our thing and hopeully come out on top.

Why so much talk about bradley and mcminn? this is about cookeville and oak ridge. Go start your own thread.

Someone posted that cookeville has lost to some average teams? They have lost to Riverdale, Mt. Juliet, Brentwood, and Beech. All 4 teams in 2nd round of playoffs.

Cookeville doesn't doctor their field they just don't have the crew do work on them. They leave it up to the coaches and this time of year they are too busy planning for playoffs. Funds are hard to come by in Putnam co., they don't even have a scoreboard that works the entire game. As far as the game goes I think it will be close coming down to a play or two. Tackling and special teams is what it will come down to.

Why so much talk about bradley and mcminn? this is about cookeville and oak ridge. Go start your own thread.

Someone posted that cookeville has lost to some average teams? They have lost to Riverdale, Mt. Juliet, Brentwood, and Beech. All 4 teams in 2nd round of playoffs.

Cookeville doesn't doctor their field they just don't have the crew do work on them. They leave it up to the coaches and this time of year they are too busy planning for playoffs. Funds are hard to come by in Putnam co., they don't even have a scoreboard that works the entire game. As far as the game goes I think it will be close coming down to a play or two. Tackling and special teams is what it will come down to.

They will Friday night.... :thumb:

I hope OakRidge goes all the way!!! Got to root for the only Anderson County team left in the playoffs.... I just know its going to be a huge game but the Cats proved alot wrong last year... Go Cats!!!

Thanks Kpt,spear and space3.

Ol' 3wigwam is pulling for DB this week too. I hated to read the post about your stud hurting his ankle again in practice. I think this years DB team is positioned to and has the attitude to shut all us smart a## up this year and go deep in the playoffs. The odds are probably slim, but a trip to the Fred would be my favorite destination.

Tribe....."get you some"

Well there sure weren't many Cookeville talkers in this thread, and I did try to give the Oak ridge fans some info on what I saw from Cookeville. :roflol:

And I have not seen a field in that bad of shape since I saw 2 days and 5 inches of rain a...and there was not that much rain in that front. Bradley's coaches and AD take care of out field, for the most part, and it was never that bad even in the middle of a rainstorm at game time. And money sure isn't any easier to come by here than there. :D

Well there sure weren't many Cookeville talkers in this thread, and I did try to give the Oak ridge fans some info on what I saw from Cookeville. :roflol:

And I have not seen a field in that bad of shape since I saw 2 days and 5 inches of rain a...and there was not that much rain in that front. Bradley's coaches and AD take care of out field, for the most part, and it was never that bad even in the middle of a rainstorm at game time. And money sure isn't any easier to come by here than there. :D

Gosh, i hate that their field is so crappy, kinda concerns me. Cause with the guys we have at the skill positions they love to plant and cut.