Obion vs. Covington

chs15

Very good post....

I hadn't really thought about going for it in the first overtime...I probably would have done what CSJ did and let the first OT play out...Was a little bit worried that the time-out called in the 1st OT was going to allow Covington to go for two then...I think he had to go for two in the 2nd OT...That game could have gone on all night and would have been decided on a turnover or a bad snap/hold on the PAT...Neither team was going to stop the other on four downs from 10 yards out...At least OC went down on THIER terms...I'm just not sold on entrusting anyone other than Fair,McGrew or Phipps with the whole season and school history on the line...

I'm glad you mentioned the defense because they made enough stops in regulation to win the game...These are just two very explosive offenses...

I believe the ball should have went to one of those 3 also.. Fair bc he probably the hardest person to tackle, Phipps is a very good passer for the high school level, and McGrew is the best WR on the team.. Parr is the best athlete on the team, but that is all, an athlete (no disrespect towards the kid). You don't have to be uber athletic to get a few yards on a 2 point conversion. In Parr's defense though, that was an awful play call. A slowly developing reverse/sweep taken 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage didn't help matters at all and really didn't give him much of a chance. Great year for the Rebs, and good luck to Covington in the playoffs.

Edited by Maxoutlh

I agree with going for two at the end and as far as the play call, not a bad play to put the ball in Parr's hands at the end... say what you want about him, but he wants the football in the clutch. I'm sure a staff as well-prepared as OC had a specific play in mind they wanted to run just for this situation (like the one they started to run at the start of the game with Fair in the shotgun for the Tebow jump pass?), but for reasons only they know decided against it. As with all games like this, if the play worked it was the right one and you are a genius, if not, you get second guessed. I may second guess some things about the program, but the coach's play calling decisions on game night is not one of them. It was a great game and unfortunately someone had to lose.

I agree with going for two at the end and as far as the play call, not a bad play to put the ball in Parr's hands at the end... say what you want about him, but he wants the football in the clutch. I'm sure a staff as well-prepared as OC had a specific play in mind they wanted to run just for this situation (like the one they started to run at the start of the game with Fair in the shotgun for the Tebow jump pass?), but for reasons only they know decided against it. As with all games like this, if the play worked it was the right one and you are a genius, if not, you get second guessed. I may second guess some things about the program, but the coach's play calling decisions on game night is not one of them. It was a great game and unfortunately someone had to lose.

I thought about that play to...

Parr may be the best athlete to play at OC but Fair is maybe the best football player to play at OC...He plays like a man...He does his job and keeps his mouth shut on the field...He lets his playing do the talking...He doesn't let tings around him clutter his focus...If Parr had the same focus he would be virtually unstoppable...

As expected Covington took it. Thought OC kids responded well. Think their coach definitely hurt them numerous times, very poor judgement calls. Lucky to not have cost them in regulation several times. Poor play selection, unsound strategy on several occasions. Good game however but appeared OC was gaining the advantage late only to have it gone on one play. Tough loss for the kids. As for video Covington made, thought was reprehensible. Kids being kids is one thing, but adults involved should know better.

Let me correct,Covington took it is not the right wording, they survived.

Good game hate to see one lose.

As expected Covington took it. Thought OC kids responded well. Think their coach definitely hurt them numerous times, very poor judgement calls. Lucky to not have cost them in regulation several times. Poor play selection, unsound strategy on several occasions. Good game however but appeared OC was gaining the advantage late only to have it gone on one play. Tough loss for the kids. As for video Covington made, thought was reprehensible. Kids being kids is one thing, but adults involved should know better.

Let me correct,Covington took it is not the right wording, they survived.

Good game hate to see one lose.

I think coach made a great call but my question is y dont they give it to their horse instead of their premadonna number 9 he is so soft. He is all bark an no bite and about the video yall are funny I hope yall heard it enough if yall didnt come out friday an hear it about ten more times,whooo its so good to be a charger parent in the stands.

I think coach made a great call but my question is y dont they give it to their horse instead of their premadonna number 9 he is so soft. He is all bark an no bite and about the video yall are funny I hope yall heard it enough if yall didnt come out friday an hear it about ten more times,whooo its so good to be a charger parent in the stands.

i agree completely with you.. we will be watching fair on saterdays.. he is a explosive back with great potential.. as i was watching 9 friday i could tell he was an athlete but did not know when to shut his mouth.. he had great skills but did seem soft at times.. example.. on screen plays he heard footsteps and did not come through.. great call by the coach going for two but bad decision of who to give the ball to.. and as for the video.. it was not towards the obion players.. all the kids were doin was having a good time.. I'm sure if it was onions kids y'all would love it.. so its time to put the video in the past..

• Upvote 1

I agree. You play your best hand and Fair is one who the Rebel team was able to do so well over the past two year. As for Parr, he would fit in to the NFL real well with his trash talkin. As the season went on and he faced more competition, his matched skill levels dropped some when he faced others who are just as good. Don't get me wrong, he is a good player but not complete...on and off the field. It was a great season for the Rebels for sure.

Edited by UCGRAD

I agree. You play your best hand and Fair is one who the Rebel team was able to do so well over the past two year. As for Parr, he would fit in to the NFL real well with his trash talkin. As the season went on and he faced more competition, his matched skill levels dropped some when he faced others who are just as good. Don't get me wrong, he is a good player but not complete...on and off the field. It was a great season for the Rebels for sure.

Easy to say when your not in the huddle or know what your talking about. Give it a rest there Brad!!

Yes you're right. A kid who has over 1000 yards receiving and 20 TD receptions skill level dropped some throughout the season. Get real!At least now the Rebels season is over and you can quit acting like your pulling for the Rebs.