Obion vs. Covington

chs15

Today's MATCHUP on the Massey site shows

Covington 37 Obion 28

Apparently their data has now been updated to include the 1st round playoff games from last week.

Also, the Sonny Moore rankings show Covington rated 119.45 and OC rated 116.10. The difference is 3.35 plus 3 points for Covington for home field advantage, which makes his spread a little over 6 points in favor of Covington.

Now, they don't play the game on paper, so the real edge is which team comes in wanting the win more and ready to put out the effort to obtain victory.

I hope that team is my Chargers. We have advanced in the playoffs before and it is a great feeling to move along week by week. I like our team and I think that we have a great chance to be that team that advances. But, you can't overlook anybody and you have to suit up and be ready every time now.

Win and advance. Lose and the season is over. GO CHARGERS!

Today's MATCHUP on the Massey site shows

Covington 37 Obion 28

Apparently their data has now been updated to include the 1st round playoff games from last week.

Also, the Sonny Moore rankings show Covington rated 119.45 and OC rated 116.10. The difference is 3.35 plus 3 points for Covington for home field advantage, which makes his spread a little over 6 points in favor of Covington.

Now, they don't play the game on paper, so the real edge is which team comes in wanting the win more and ready to put out the effort to obtain victory.

I hope that team is my Chargers. We have advanced in the playoffs before and it is a great feeling to move along week by week. I like our team and I think that we have a great chance to be that team that advances. But, you can't overlook anybody and you have to suit up and be ready every time now.

Win and advance. Lose and the season is over. GO CHARGERS!

Do you remember what the Massey site had for the first game in Troy ??...

One of which was the leading tackler in the county and one played and started alot at corner.. Bad decisions by a few kids that they will learn from... Next person up.

**I am going to preface this by saying, if what happened happened the way I heard it did I'm not really for this decision...You have to respect a man for making this type of decision at this time of the year. If this happened on-campus, was school related and football related, then I'm 100% for the decision***

Not 100% sold on the coach's decision, to be honest...Maybe a tad premature and hadn't let the disciplinary process work within the school system...Add to that, if everything happened the way I heard it happened, I'm not so sure it's a school issue anyway...I heard this from a kid that was on the team last year that would know...I'm not for athletes getting away with something just because they are athletes and they are important to the team...Two of the four are important...What I am for is due process...Maybe a little bit of a knee-jerk reaction and maybe a little bit of a preemptive PR move...Just my opinion...

You are right though...Next man up...

I will just say not having all the facts and listening to a kid that wasn't even there and then calling it a PR move is knee-jerk reaction!!! Hutch is a bad dude and couldn't wait to print negative things about oc. I will leave it at That!!!

I'm with this lifetaker dude. Whatever went down with these kids was apparently bad enough for Coach Jackson to move so quickly on this issue probably was necessary. If Jackson didn't do anything to those kids and it got out then everyone from the school admin. to other parents would be raising cane because it was brushed under the rug. We see with the situation that Penn State is in today actions should have been taken as soon as others became aware, but I am full aware this is on a much LOWER SCALE principle still apply's. Better to act now than not act at all and let kids get away with violating rules society is bad enough. To many coaches say they have a zero tolerance on certain issues as long as it doesn't hurt the team or if it would cost them a win. I say to Coach Jackson "jerk that knee coach" good job on teach life lessons as well as football lessons.

NOT SO FAST!!! Carlos Williams is a awesome athlete and deserves all the hype because he plays, but let's not over look the fact that he hasn't been in a game situation or pace since he was hurt. You can train and run all you want but game speed is just different. I know he will make an impact but don't be suprised if he gets fatigued quickly. Looking forward to a hard fought game.

NOT SO FAST!!! Carlos Williams is a awesome athlete and deserves all the hype because he plays, but let's not over look the fact that he hasn't been in a game situation or pace since he was hurt. You can train and run all you want but game speed is just different. I know he will make an impact but don't be suprised if he gets fatigued quickly. Looking forward to a hard fought game.

I know Carlos personally. He may have been out for a while but his injury hasn't put him out of shape. I don't think fatigue is an issue, his only issue is risk.

**I am going to preface this by saying, if what happened happened the way I heard it did I'm not really for this decision...You have to respect a man for making this type of decision at this time of the year. If this happened on-campus, was school related and football related, then I'm 100% for the decision***

Not 100% sold on the coach's decision, to be honest...Maybe a tad premature and hadn't let the disciplinary process work within the school system...Add to that, if everything happened the way I heard it happened, I'm not so sure it's a school issue anyway...I heard this from a kid that was on the team last year that would know...I'm not for athletes getting away with something just because they are athletes and they are important to the team...Two of the four are important...What I am for is due process...Maybe a little bit of a knee-jerk reaction and maybe a little bit of a preemptive PR move...Just my opinion...

You are right though...Next man up...

It is in my opinion a tad bit harsh suspending the kids for the rest of their careers for an off campus incident, but one has had past problems already with deeper issues and my guess is this is more more about life lessons. Can't blame the coach for that. From what I hear, at least one of the players apologized the his teammates and coaches.. Wish he didn't have to do that, but he did what was right in apologizing to his football family.