Obion vs. Covington

chs15

Everybody knows covington is going to run the ball, its no secret. Teams have known this the whole year. And still teams cant stop it. All 3 of covingtons backs are 1 missed tackle away from a touchdown. The offensive line isnt big, but they are strong and fast, and they wore down the defensive line of dyersburg late in the game this past friday. Late in the game covington was picking up 15 yards a carry. I dont in any way believe that this game will be like the 1st matchup as far as scoring is concerned. Im looking for another 21 to 14 type of game, but i do believe that the running game of covington will just be too much for OC to contain. Also keep hearing rumors that Covingtons best back could play any time now. Just a matter of time before he gets in, and when he does, he's on a whole different level. Expect to see a good game from both teams. If obion can throw the ball, history shows covington has a hard time stopping it. Should be a good one.

Tape don't lie, OC didn't tackle, didn't wanna tackle, refrained from tackling. Watch the film and watch it with open eyes,to quote the famous Roy Dillard "you think i'm joking but i'm not". To the if'fa, coulda, shoulda..The truth is if OC would've tackled, coulda tackled &/or wanted to tackle they mighta won. They don't play defense, don't tackle and are not physical. Playing tag touch on the turf is not sufficient defense in tackle football. Covington will expose this again as well as block a punt get an onside, rush for miles and take it again. The 2-0 sweep will be definitive

I have watched the film and watched last weeks film too.. And last week, the Rebels stopped trying to strip the ball unless it was gang tackling (which against Covington, they tried to strip it everytime)... So can they, do they tackle or don't they, didn't "wanna" tackle?? Try not to sound so bitter of OC's success.

When you get past the first round of the playoffs...usually any team can win and is the case in this game. The only thing that stats are prooving is that the only two losses that the Rebels have, both the offensive and defensive teams have had to play a complete game...4 quarters from 12:00 X 4 til 0:00 shows on the clock. Conditioning for a complete game is infavor for the Chargers. Just last week, they had to play their butts off to claim a win against a very good Dyersburg team, another team the Rebels lost to in regular season. The Rebels also had to play a almost complete game while in Memphis. Covington ran at will on the Rebels with over 500 plus yards on offense and had a big play here and there help aid in their victory. With their best back dressing and playing could cause more problems for the Rebels defense in trying to stop the loaded Charger team. On the other hand, if O C can get the throwing game really going, they will have their chances as well. I would be willing to say the Chargers plan to clamp down a little harder as will the rebel team. I hope for a Rebel win but at the same time, stats and paper says Covington wins this game 28 to 17.

Edited by UCGRAD

well , obion co rebels past the 1st round , i don't think we have ever been there. the ducks are already beginning to pile in to the lake , season almost over , probably after friday night. time to oil down the old browning and go out and get a limit.

chargers ran for over 300 yards against dyersburg , and if carlos williams does come back back this week , it will really be a long game for us.

coach jackson will need to run the ball more , if not the chargers will hold us to the twenty and force us to kick field goals , and field goals will not win the game for the rebels. our receiver is good when he is not matched up against good athletes , which covington has , he was taken out of the game last time. covington db's tallied the talk and walked the walk.

wish reelfoot didn't have an early duck season , maybe our boys would stay more focused. go get em boys.

well , obion co rebels past the 1st round , i don't think we have ever been there. the ducks are already beginning to pile in to the lake , season almost over , probably after friday night. time to oil down the old browning and go out and get a limit.

chargers ran for over 300 yards against dyersburg , and if carlos williams does come back back this week , it will really be a long game for us.

coach jackson will need to run the ball more , if not the chargers will hold us to the twenty and force us to kick field goals , and field goals will not win the game for the rebels. our receiver is good when he is not matched up against good athletes , which covington has , he was taken out of the game last time. covington db's tallied the talk and walked the walk.

wish reelfoot didn't have an early duck season , maybe our boys would stay more focused. go get em boys.

WELL HE'S BACK THIS WEEK

The Rebels contained the ground game of Marcus Holiday and Fairley last week for the most part- and shut them down in the 1st half while taking a 26-0 lead to the locker room at intermission. LD Fair had a huge night running the ball for OC to give the Rebels only the 2nd playoff win in school history.

Turning the page to this Friday night- Once again the Rebels will have the same game plan on Defense and that's STOP the RUN-- Covington rushed for over 500 yards when the two teams met in Troy back in mid-October and 330 of those yards came in the 2nd half-- one back topped 200 yards and two more each had over 100.. Dunn is the type of QB who is not flashy but he won't make mistakes to hurt his team- actually had 2 TD passes vs. OC-- We hear Carlos Williams may be back in this one which will make a deep team at RB even deeper..

Despite all of that- The Rebels could have possibly put the Mid-October game away but came away with only FG on 2 occasions and a couple of other possessions didn't even score-- A dropped Pass in the end zone didn't help either.. OC knows they can score on Covington- just can they keep the Chargers from scoring on their home turf. Again Defense is what wins championships and the team that Brings it on Friday night will be punching their ticket to the State Quarterfinals.. Should be a Good one!! :popcorneater:

Yall heard the momma. Sounds like Carlos Williams will be back at it this friday night. I may be wrong, but i just dont see OC stopping him, along with the other 3 backs that covington has. They are too deep and well conditioned. They eventually just wear a defense down. Some of the runs where covingtons backs got caught from behind in the first matchup will not happen with Williams running the ball. He's the fastest player in the state, and according to the LSU football camp this summer, the 2nd fastest in the southeast. 4.4 speed is hard to prepare for.

WELL HE'S BACK THIS WEEK

I'm glad to hear he is healthy. I have watched him in football and baseball and he is a gifted athlete.

With that said, his return will not change the Rebel gameplan. Whether Williams is running or the other backs are, the Rebels have to make some stops. His return will not make the OC defense's job any easier, but the plan does not change. Make some key stops and get the Rebel offense back on the field. As I said earlier, I am hopeful the Rebel D has made some adjustments since their last meeting. They looked much better against Fairley's running game (not to be compared with the Chargers), and will hopefully stay away from the strip attempts and tackle physically as they did earlier in the season.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!! :popcorneater:

Edited by justaOCfan

Come on guy. There isnt much i love more than hunting, but lets keep duck hunting on tnducks( which is an awesome site). This is about high school football and im just happy the rebels are still playing football as opposed to cranking up for basketball already. BTW...This is the 2nd time OC has made it to the 2nd round. I was in high school when that happened(back in 03' i beleive). O and have some faith! This is high school sports, anything can happen. The year OC advanced to the 2nd round, the lost to Brighton who they pounded by 35 plus just 2 weeks prior. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN! Covington did pretty good at containing Fair last time also so the thought that running the ball more is the only way Obion wins is absurd! OC strength is passing to their talented receivers. It was a good game last time and i expect nothing less this go around. Dont count these guys out yet LAKE HUNTER. Go REBELS!!