Station Camp (1-0) at Beech (1-0)

football2011

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beech by a boatload. This one will get ugly.

By all accounts this game should end up like the last one. Close. Both have backs that can take it to the house. Both have big play receivers. Both have decent kickers. Both have given up some points to the best teams in the region. Only difference between the two teams is 8 points and their respective result in the White House game. Should be fun.

Hopefully the Bison show up and play for 4 quarters tomorrow night. Not really buying into much better players and coaches but we'll find out tomorrow night. Beech has had the Bison's number the past few years but this is a huge statement game for SC. All pressure is on Beech to beat SC again in one season. Hope both teams stay injury free. Dress warm, it's gonna be a big one. SC 21-17.

Hopefully the Bison show up and play for 4 quarters tomorrow night. Not really buying into much better players and coaches but we'll find out tomorrow night. Beech has had the Bison's number the past few years but this is a huge statement game for SC. All pressure is on Beech to beat SC again in one season. Hope both teams stay injury free. Dress warm, it's gonna be a big one. SC 21-17.

I think this will be a tough hard fought game. I wouldn't be surprised if SC pulls the upset but my gut says Beech wins it again. Either way Shackle Island will be packed.

For Beech this game will come down to limiting mistakes. (pebalties/turnovers) If they are able to play with a minimum of miscues I think they move on to the next round. My hat is off to coach Hollingsworth for not losing his team after a rough start. I'm sure SC is much improved and will be sky high for the Bucs. There will be some great football in Sumner Co tonight. (and again next Friday for two teams) The Wave Yard and Shackle Island Stadium should be packed.

The game was a tale of two halves. All Station Camp in the first half but the Bucs own the second half outscoring Station Camp 22-3. Station Camp came out fired up but could only manage 10-0 halftime lead. Beech couldn't find anything offensively not getting a first down until the final play of the 1st half. Crabtree and company make some great adjustments and come out with the win. Beech will definitely have to come out with some life, unlike tonight, next week if they want to compete. If they sleepwalk through the first half again it could be too late to recover. The hole tonight was only 10-0 where HHS could put them in a deep hole next week. Good luck to the Bucs!

Hats off to the Bison who are a vastly improved team, especially in the trenches. In their first meeting I thought Beech dominated up front on both sides of the ball, but last night (at least in the first half) it was the otehr way around. Beech must have only had about 20 or 30 yds total offense in the first half. Apparently Coach Crabtree got the message across at halftime and the Bucs controlled the game the second half. Dorian Carter was huge with over 100 yds all in the second half. Carter/Hurd combo is gonna be fun to watch for the next two years. Should be a good one against the Commandos next week.