Henry County vs. Clarksville NE: 2nd round playoffs

RedSwarm10

HC handled Munford in the 1st round by a count of 42-14, despite playing a very sloppy game. They turned the ball over 4 times and committed 10 penalties. We need to clean our play up if we want to stick around long. I wasn't at the game, but a friend of mine had this to say about it; "That was the ugliest blowout win I've ever seen." Luckily for us, Munford also had a case of "the turnovers" with 6 of their own.

Northeast went to Memphis and grabbed a 41-38 win in a nail biter against Memphis East. I was very surprised with that one.

As most know, this is a rematch of District 10AAA teams (the only 2 left standing). The earlier meeting was on our homecoming night. A game that we won 63-14. I wouldn't be surprised to see a much different northeast team this time around. Probably an angry, determined one. As with all Clarksville schools, the Eagles have some dangerous players, and our boys cannot sleep walk through this game. They will pull out ALL the stops for this one and will leave everything on the field. Lets not get too overconfident because of our last meeting. Clean up the penalties and turnovers, stay focused, stay hungry, and keep winning!

Go Patriots!

HC handled Munford in the 1st round by a count of 42-14, despite playing a very sloppy game. They turned the ball over 4 times and committed 10 penalties. We need to clean our play up if we want to stick around long. I wasn't at the game, but a friend of mine had this to say about it; "That was the ugliest blowout win I've ever seen." Luckily for us, Munford also had a case of "the turnovers" with 6 of their own.

Northeast went to Memphis and grabbed a 41-38 win in a nail biter against Memphis East. I was very surprised with that one.

As most know, this is a rematch of District 10AAA teams (the only 2 left standing). The earlier meeting was on our homecoming night. A game that we won 63-14. I wouldn't be surprised to see a much different northeast team this time around. Probably an angry, determined one. As with all Clarksville schools, the Eagles have some dangerous players, and our boys cannot sleep walk through this game. They will pull out ALL the stops for this one and will leave everything on the field. Lets not get too overconfident because of our last meeting. Clean up the penalties and turnovers, stay focused, stay hungry, and keep winning!

Go Patriots!

Good game boys and congrats on the win. We won ugly but it is a win and we move on. As for 10AAA well it stinks. I am surprised that NE won but not so much. There is not a team that will challenge us until the semis. We are that good. We played like crap tonight and won 42-14. See you guys in cookeville. I don't care if the state championship game is a blow out but it would be nice to see someone give us a little scare. Maybe we are that good or 5A is that bad.

Good game boys and congrats on the win. We won ugly but it is a win and we move on. As for 10AAA well it stinks. I am surprised that NE won but not so much. There is not a team that will challenge us until the semis. We are that good. We played like crap tonight and won 42-14. See you guys in cookeville. I don't care if the state championship game is a blow out but it would be nice to see someone give us a little scare. Maybe we are that good or 5A is that bad.

Confidence is strength. Overconfidence is foolishness. One game at a time. We can't play like we did tonight, or we will not be going to Cookeville.

Edited by RedSwarm10

There are a couple teams across the state that thought the same as you.....yet their season ended last night. I'm sure there are people from Lexington, Smith Co., and Columbia all cancelling hotel rooms this morning for the first weekend in December. In the playoffs...it's not always about who's the better team...sometimes the ball bounces funny ways. As the previous poster said...there is no other focus other than the Northeast Eagles this week. Our team is banged up somewhat and Northeast will not roll over and play dead on HC this coming week! Look for a different Eagle squad coming to Paris!

• Upvote 1

Northeast will come out looking for revenge from the embarrassing loss we gave them during the regular season. I would be very surprised if we could put up 63 on them again

Revenge will do them NO good. Might not be 63 but it will be 42 or more. I don't see a challenge until Gallatin in Semis. I know Prez will get on here and talk about Lexington and Columbia losing and he will talk about Ridgeway will be a test, but we are not listening. If Ridgeway has 42 points scored on them in a playoff game then they too are not that good. I am proud of our team and look forward to cheering them on in Cookeville, but the truth is the truth. NO COMP this year. We are that good and 5A is that bad.

Revenge will do them NO good. Might not be 63 but it will be 42 or more. I don't see a challenge until Gallatin in Semis. I know Prez will get on here and talk about Lexington and Columbia losing and he will talk about Ridgeway will be a test, but we are not listening. If Ridgeway has 42 points scored on them in a playoff game then they too are not that good. I am proud of our team and look forward to cheering them on in Cookeville, but the truth is the truth. NO COMP this year. We are that good and 5A is that bad.

Just wondering, were you saying that last year? Also, seems you have already booked the trip to Cookeville; you believe Gallatin will give HC some competition but has no chance to really win. I personally believe that game will be a toss-up but neither team is guaranteed a spot in the semis and regardless how good you think they are, the play-offs can be tricky and HC could very well stumble. Those kids have worked their butts off and dont deserve such a fate just so a point is proved, what the past should have already. Having said that, some people/fans need to be humbled.....

We really need to stop looking ahead to Cookeville. Yes we all want it, but its no good to focus on that when the task at hand is Northeast. Also we need to stop saying the only challenge will be Gallatin in the semi's we aren't guaranteed there neither are they, Hendersonville can come out next Friday and just play lights out football. How I do agree this weeks game against Northeast might not be so much of a competition but they will still come out looking for some sort of redemption. You have to win your games first before you can get to Cookville and as I'm aware we are in the 2nd round, far away from December 2nd.

We really need to stop looking ahead to Cookeville. Yes we all want it, but its no good to focus on that when the task at hand is Northeast. Also we need to stop saying the only challenge will be Gallatin in the semi's we aren't guaranteed there neither are they, Hendersonville can come out next Friday and just play lights out football. How I do agree this weeks game against Northeast might not be so much of a competition but they will still come out looking for some sort of redemption. You have to win your games first before you can get to Cookville and as I'm aware we are in the 2nd round, far away from December 2nd.

I agree. Hendersonville could very well beat Gallatin, and honestly I'd rather beat Hendersonville.

OK I will stop saying the only challenge will be Gallatin. I will re-phrase it as this: The only challenge that we will get will be in the semis (whoever might make it from there might give us a litte challenge). :roflol: You people make me laugh. Just tell it like it is. We are the team to beat and we will be VERY hard to beat. I would venture to say that this year we could compete for the championship in every division. I do not know anything about that Div. II AA league but they can't be that much better than we are. Final this week is HC 49 NE 8 then it is on to Ridgeway or worse than that Dyer Co. :roflolk: When did Dyer Co. have any teams beside a basketball team?????

it was not the best game Friday night for the Patriots but to say sloppy? I thought the defense played very well, we fumbled the ball once on a kick return in which the runner planted andlost the ball, an interception on a very well thrown ball that popped up off the shoulder pads of the reciever and just fell into the defenders lap, two fumbles in the fourth quarter with the JV squad in, Shaq ran very well behind a well blocking o line, we need to unnderstand that descent teams will not give up 35 yard runs with regularity, 4,5 yard runs is fine, not sloppy, our defense held them to like 17-48 passing. I did not think the game was sloppy at all.