Pearl-Cohn @ Harpeth

DIRTYDIME

Cheatham County beat Harpeth because they were a better football team not because the Indians played "flat". Cheatham County beat Harpeth which means that in my mind the 2011 Cubs were better than the 2011 Indians.

It wasn't like Harpeth was "flat" and they lost in a nailbiter. The score was 27-0 in the 4th quarter before Harpeth scored on the backups in the final minute of the game.

That would be like me saying "Cheatham County lost to Sycamore and Creek Wood because they were FLAT". The fact of the matter on those nights was that Sycamore and Creek Wood were better than the Cubs.

I hate the "we were flat" excuse. It's a bunch of b.s. in all honesty. Anyone who attended the week ten game in Ashland City would have to admit that Cheatham County was a better football team than Harpeth.

HEY CUBS ZIP IT YOUR SEASON IS OVER.YOU WANT TO WATCH PLAYOFF FOOTBALL COME SOUTH LITTLE MAN!!!

Cheatham County beat Harpeth because they were a better football team not because the Indians played "flat". Cheatham County beat Harpeth which means that in my mind the 2011 Cubs were better than the 2011 Indians.

It wasn't like Harpeth was "flat" and they lost in a nailbiter. The score was 27-0 in the 4th quarter before Harpeth scored on the backups in the final minute of the game.

That would be like me saying "Cheatham County lost to Sycamore and Creek Wood because they were FLAT". The fact of the matter on those nights was that Sycamore and Creek Wood were better than the Cubs.

I hate the "we were flat" excuse. It's a bunch of b.s. in all honesty. Anyone who attended the week ten game in Ashland City would have to admit that Cheatham County was a better football team than Harpeth.

REALLY! So lets see, Harpeth beats Creekwood 41 to 16 and Creekwood beats Cheatham 29 to 28 so Harpeth is better than Creekwood and Creekwood is better than Cheatham so that makes Cheatham better than Harpeth. Man, Your as lost as last years Easter eggs! Cheatham was better than Harpeth on that night. And no other. They got a Gift. And if you don't think so you know less about football than we all thought. Your season is over . Why dont you go over to the basketball or baseball forums and tell everyone how much better the Cubs are than everyone elsa.

REALLY! So lets see, Harpeth beats Creekwood 41 to 16 and Creekwood beats Cheatham 29 to 28 so Harpeth is better than Creekwood and Creekwood is better than Cheatham so that makes Cheatham better than Harpeth. Man, Your as lost as last years Easter eggs! Cheatham was better than Harpeth on that night. And no other. They got a Gift. And if you don't think so you know less about football than we all thought. Your season is over . Why dont you go over to the basketball or baseball forums and tell everyone how much better the Cubs are than everyone elsa.

Pearl Cohn wins this one by about 28-0, unless they come out "flat." Too bad Bama was "flat" the other night too- surely it had nothing to do with the opposition. Playing "flat" = another excuse for taking a butt-kicking.

I'm not trying to take anything away from harpeth at all. I think they had a tremendous season.. But you coming on here saying no one has a clue except for u is UNREALISTIC. Now once again I will state that I'm pulling for harpeth in this game.. Would rather they win over PC any day. But being a REALIST I don't see it happening.

Wait a minute Shady. There wasn't any Harpeth posts at all until you guys started raining the insults down. Let's be honest. SEC caliber speed? That will be worth the price of admission. How in the heck do you lose 5 games with tv players all over the field? Harpeth will limp into this game blind in one eye and can't see good out of the other. Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise maybe the Indians can hang around for a quarter or two.

Anybody with a computer and a key board can see who P-C has faced and they have lost to some good teams like CPA, Lipscomb, MBA, BGA and Maplewood. C a l P r e p s has them as the 2nd ranked team in 3A with a 5-5 record and CPA's #1. I know I can speak for most Harpeth fans in saying we appreciate P-C getting that 8 seed so that we can play at home rather than play in Metro. Let's not start the my Dad can beat your Dad argument though. How about talking football instead of trash.

Right howdoitknow. I think Harpeth was setting the seeding up so that they'd be the only team in the county and 11AA still playing the second weekend of November. :rolleyes: You've pulled out the 'flat card' yourself a time or two. Football is a momentum game. Harpeth beat Creekwood 41-16 who beat the Cubs 29-28. That means squat when it gets down to it doesn't it? The best team on paper doesn't always win. Harpeth and Cheatham both had playoff games wrapped up and Harpeth doesn't hang 'County Championships' up in the gym. Different motivations I guess.

I think PC will take this one, that being said......Harpeth is a chippy team, once they get down they got nothing to lose. Expect some cheap shots on PC's best players. Tell them not to retaliate or harpeth will start a fight. We know if PC wins this they will need their full team and nobody to be suspended for 2 games from being ejected

As a parent/fan of another district 10 team, I would like to see PC go deep into the playoffs. To do that they'll need to focus one game-at-a-time, and not overlook anyone. Also, control your emotions, and don't let anyone provoke you. Play your game and play it hard. Good luck Firebirds!!

Wait a minute Shady. There wasn't any Harpeth posts at all until you guys started raining the insults down. Let's be honest. SEC caliber speed? That will be worth the price of admission. How in the heck do you lose 5 games with tv players all over the field? Harpeth will limp into this game blind in one eye and can't see good out of the other. Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise maybe the Indians can hang around for a quarter or two.

Anybody with a computer and a key board can see who P-C has faced and they have lost to some good teams like CPA, Lipscomb, MBA, BGA and Maplewood. C a l P r e p s has them as the 2nd ranked team in 3A with a 5-5 record and CPA's #1. I know I can speak for most Harpeth fans in saying we appreciate P-C getting that 8 seed so that we can play at home rather than play in Metro. Let's not start the my Dad can beat your Dad argument though. How about talking football instead of trash.

Actually, Pearl-Cohn BEAT Maplewood----- P-C's 5th loss was to 6A powerhouse Blackman, who has a RB headed to the SEC in I'Tavius Mathers.

Actually, Pearl-Cohn BEAT Maplewood----- P-C's 5th loss was to 6A powerhouse Blackman, who has a RB headed to the SEC in I'Tavius Mathers.

Right. My bad. I was going by memory instead of looking it up. The point being, their losses were to quality football teams. Harpeth will have to play exceptional football to pull off a win.

The other point is that TSSAA's seeding is ridiculous. Number of W's has nothing to do with how good a football team is. Alcoa and Pearl-Cohn are perfect examples. Quality losses in the regular season can be better than a lopsided win. I'm sure the outcome will be some more tweaking of the playoff format..............again.

Being a BCS fan and hating the current TSSAA seeding, I looked up the rankings on another website. Like most computer rankings this one uses your opponents scores and outcomes to determine an overall power ranking. W's count, but they aren't the end to all means. Usually, it's accuracy improves as the season goes on. It's all computer. No human element, no injury report or home field advantages. So take it with a grain of salt. It's interesting to look at the 16 teams left in 3A.

1. CPA- 36.5 power rating- TSSAA #3 seed

2. Pearl-Cohn- 33.4 rating- TSSAA #8 seed

3. CAK- 30.7 rating- TSSAA #2 seed

4. Milan- 30.3 rating- TSSAA #2 seed

5. Fairview- 28.8 rating- TSSAA #1 seed

6. Alcoa- 27.4 rating- TSSAA #4 seed

7. Goodpasture- 26.0 rating- TSSAA #2 seed

8. Austin- East- 24.5 rating- TSSAA #6 seed

9. Polk County- 21.5 rating- TSSAA #3 seed

10. Sullivan North- 21.4 rating- TSSAA #1 seed

11. Martin Westview- 19.0 rating- TSSAA # 6 seed

12. Elizabethton- 18.2 rating- TSSAA #2 seed

13. Bledsoe County- 18.0 rating- TSSAA #1 seed

14. Lewis County- 17.4 rating- TSSAA #5 seed

15. Harpeth- 13.3 rating- TSSAA #5 seed

16. Chuckey Doak- 8.7 rating- TSSAA #5 seed

By these ratings, here's the predicted margin of victory for the next round.

#1 Sullivan North over #5 Chuckey Doak by 13

#6 Austin East over #2 Elizabethton by 6

#4 Alcoa over #1 Bledsoe County by 9

#2 CAK over #3 Polk County by 9

#8 Pearl-Cohn over #5 Harpeth by 20

#3 CPA over #2 Goodpasture by 11

#1 Fairview over #5 Lewis County by 11

#2 Milan over #6 Martin Westview by 11

If these hold true, what it tells me is that TSSAA does a horrible job of seeding.

Edited by ksgovols

Right howdoitknow. I think Harpeth was setting the seeding up so that they'd be the only team in the county and 11AA still playing the second weekend of November. :rolleyes: You've pulled out the 'flat card' yourself a time or two. Football is a momentum game. Harpeth beat Creekwood 41-16 who beat the Cubs 29-28. That means squat when it gets down to it doesn't it? The best team on paper doesn't always win. Harpeth and Cheatham both had playoff games wrapped up and Harpeth doesn't hang 'County Championships' up in the gym. Different motivations I guess.

Sycamore gets the County Championship banner :twisted: Regardless, I really didn't mean to start a battle about who was the better Cheatham County team because I honestly don't care. My focus is on Friday night. Our guys are going to have to play the game of their lives to beat PC and advance. Looking forward to a hard fought game from both teams

Sycamore gets the County Championship banner :twisted: Regardless, I really didn't mean to start a battle about who was the better Cheatham County team because I honestly don't care. My focus is on Friday night. Our guys are going to have to play the game of their lives to beat PC and advance. Looking forward to a hard fought game from both teams

And they'll likely hang a banner somewhere. It's an old argument with me and catfish. We could line the baseball field with county championships. Doesn't even get you a free Sundrop at the Sudden Service.

Harpeth will have their hands full. Don't let #8 seed and 5 losses fool you. Pearl-Cohn can play with anybody in 3A or 4A.

Being a BCS fan and hating the current TSSAA seeding, I looked up the rankings on another website. Like most computer rankings this one uses your opponents scores and outcomes to determine an overall power ranking. W's count, but they aren't the end to all means. Usually, it's accuracy improves as the season goes on. It's all computer. No human element, no injury report or home field advantages. So take it with a grain of salt. It's interesting to look at the 16 teams left in 3A.

1. CPA- 36.5 power rating- TSSAA #3 seed

2. Pearl-Cohn- 33.4 rating- TSSAA #8 seed

3. CAK- 30.7 rating- TSSAA #2 seed

4. Milan- 30.3 rating- TSSAA #2 seed

5. Fairview- 28.8 rating- TSSAA #1 seed

6. Alcoa- 27.4 rating- TSSAA #4 seed

7. Goodpasture- 26.0 rating- TSSAA #2 seed

8. Austin- East- 24.5 rating- TSSAA #6 seed

9. Polk County- 21.5 rating- TSSAA #3 seed

10. Sullivan North- 21.4 rating- TSSAA #1 seed

11. Martin Westview- 19.0 rating- TSSAA # 6 seed

12. Elizabethton- 18.2 rating- TSSAA #2 seed

13. Bledsoe County- 18.0 rating- TSSAA #1 seed

14. Lewis County- 17.4 rating- TSSAA #5 seed

15. Harpeth- 13.3 rating- TSSAA #5 seed

16. Chuckey Doak- 8.7 rating- TSSAA #5 seed

By these ratings, here's the predicted margin of victory for the next round.

#1 Sullivan North over #5 Chuckey Doak by 13

#6 Austin East over #2 Elizabethton by 6

#4 Alcoa over #1 Bledsoe County by 9

#2 CAK over #3 Polk County by 9

#8 Pearl-Cohn over #5 Harpeth by 20

#3 CPA over #2 Goodpasture by 11

#1 Fairview over #5 Lewis County by 11

#2 Milan over #6 Martin Westview by 11

If these hold true, what it tells me is that TSSAA does a horrible job of seeding.

Those were all my original picks for the final 8.