Pearl-Cohn @ Harpeth

DIRTYDIME

Those were all my original picks for the final 8.

You'll win more than you'll lose using this website as a guide without any other outside help. There are some "upsets" and the rankings will be tweaked from week to week, but however they do it, they have some pretty good data for ranking teams.

Let's make it more interesting. Pick against the point spread the computer generated. :thumb:

Edited by ksgovols

Being a BCS fan and hating the current TSSAA seeding, I looked up the rankings on By these ratings, here's the predicted margin of victory for the next round.

#1 Sullivan North over #5 Chuckey Doak by 13

#6 Austin East over #2 Elizabethton by 6

#4 Alcoa over #1 Bledsoe County by 9

#2 CAK over #3 Polk County by 9

#8 Pearl-Cohn over #5 Harpeth by 20

#3 CPA over #2 Goodpasture by 11

#1 Fairview over #5 Lewis County by 11

#2 Milan over #6 Martin Westview by 11

If these hold true, what it tells me is that TSSAA does a horrible job of seeding.

The other computer rating systems is Sonny Moore's. He gives the home team +2 points and has the following:

Sullivan N by 20

Elizabethton by 3 (includes the +2 for home field)

Alcoa by 20

CAK by 11

PC by 17

CPA by 1

Fairview by 13

Milan by 12

I don't believe Harpeth can play with PC and look for PC to win this one by 3+ TDs.

With or without the extra points? Kicking conversions or 2 point tries. The point spread is 20. I guess that's 3 plus in some circles. Depends on your conversion rate for kicks and 2 point attempts. Also is the shoulder cooking for the basketball playday going to be across the road in the senior parking lot or off campus somewhere? Pork cooking can be a distraction for all the players, particularly the linemen.

You can't get this information just anywhere.

The other computer rating systems is Sonny Moore's. He gives the home team +2 points and has the following:

Sullivan N by 20

Elizabethton by 3 (includes the +2 for home field)

Alcoa by 20

CAK by 11

PC by 17

CPA by 1

Fairview by 13

Milan by 12

Why in the heck can't we seed by these sort of rankings?

• Upvote 1

With or without the extra points? Kicking conversions or 2 point tries. The point spread is 20. I guess that's 3 plus in some circles. Depends on your conversion rate for kicks and 2 point attempts. Also is the shoulder cooking for the basketball playday going to be across the road in the senior parking lot or off campus somewhere? Pork cooking can be a distraction for all the players, particularly the linemen.

You can't get this information just anywhere.

Harpeth will win this game... Bring on the Firebirds

Edited by wolverine78

I don't believe Harpeth can play with PC and look for PC to win this one by 3+ TDs.

I graduated from Harpeth in 1997 and a former player for our undefeated team back in "97... I seen post like this last week on how Sequatchie Co. had more speed then Harpeth and they were going to beat us by 21 hahaha what a joke... I went to the game last week and we were the team with more speed and Harpeth was the more physical team even though Sequatchie had the bigger boys...Good luck on your prediction but my boys will beat PC in front of a huge home crowd.

Edited by wolverine78

I'm a district 12AA fan. But I believe its a very realistic margin. I don't see this one being close at all. I also picked pearl Cohn over smith county.. Difference in schedule strengths. Harpeth just hasn't played the highly calibered teams week after week like PC..

Oh really because that's what Sequatchie Co. fans said last week.... Harpeth doesn't play anybody haha... You keep believing that and make sure to tell PC players that Lol... Sequatchie had 3 losses to all top teams in the state. South Pittsburg,Bledsoe Co.,Signal Mtn. so this BS that you're going off of is ridiculous and when no one gave Harpeth a chance last week because they said we don't play anyone well go back and look at the result because we could have beaten them even worse but we took a knee on their 5 yard line. Go ask Sequatchie Co fans if Harpeth is good... We will beat PC in a close game... Go Indians!

I graduated from Harpeth in 1997 and a former player for our undefeated team back in "97... I seen post like this last week on how Sequatchie Co. had more speed then Harpeth and they were going to beat us by 21 hahaha what a joke... I went to the game last week and we were the team with more speed and Harpeth was the more physical team even though Sequatchie had the bigger boys...Good luck on your prediction but my boys will beat PC in front of a huge home crowd.

Easy there bud. I picked you guys to beat Sequatchie last week(don't believe me then go to the 3A playoff bracket competition thread). This week though is a different story, you won't be more physical than PC and you won't have more speed than PC. That big home crowd you are talking about will be quite disappointed come Friday evening cause PC rolls easily in this one.