#2 Gallatin (10-1) vs. #3 Hendersonville (7-4)

TheRealTruth

This guy crawls out from under his rock every friday and says the same thing every week. Blah blah blah

Yea, crawled out from under my rock to predict EXACTLY what was going to happen. Hendersonville wanted it more, and Gallatin laid down and got rolled. Just because you don't like the message doesn't mean it's not the TRUTH. This score shouldn't surprise anyone.

Edited by bolddust281

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could not have said it better myself GWAVE1. Lack of disipline and character by some and no senior leaders ever stood out. Remember though, coaches get the kids 3-4 years and that mentality has been breaded for many years leading up to a 17 to 18 year old personality.

I for one respect and appreciate Coach Lassiter for all he does for these kids on and off the field. I know him as a caring and compassionate man with our kids yet a consistant disciplinarian and man of character. He bleeds Green and Gold and works harder than anyone on this thread. It is an honor to have him and I hope he stays for as long as he desires.

Congrats to Hendersonville on a well played game. You deserved it more tonight.

i agree with all you have said about coach Lassiter. i do think that the discipline has been lacking, and for some reason he just does not get the job done when it counts. sometimes when you love something you have to let it go so that it can move forward. i think that is what lassiter needs to do. i think he has taken the program as far as he can. but if he stays or if he goes i love the green wave and will support the program.

i agree with all you have said about coach Lassiter. i do think that the discipline has been lacking, and for some reason he just does not get the job done when it counts. sometimes when you love something you have to let it go so that it can move forward. i think that is what lassiter needs to do. i think he has taken the program as far as he can. but if he stays or if he goes i love the green wave and will support the program.

Well said........ Has he taken as far is it can go ?

Now I respect the fans of the wave , very loyal. However at times you have the green tainted glasses on and think your team is the best in middle Tn when at best it's mediocre or above average

Seems you can't get over that hump , seems like other teams have caught up to the wave , from an outsider and yes only an outsider with an opinion I think your team reached its peak and had become stale

It's a tough one to call the new guy can be horrible but with the yearly talent and the history it would be an easy sell to a top notch coach

Good luck

Yea, crawled out from under my rock to predict EXACTLY what was going to happen. Hendersonville wanted it more, and Gallatin laid down and got rolled. Just because you don't like the message doesn't mean it's not the TRUTH. This score shouldn't surprise anyone.

Just because you get beat doesn't mean that Gallatin "laid down". Gallatin was without 2 starting senior experienced linemen and the defense exploited that. That was why Gallatin got beat. There was effort on every play, nobody laid down or got rolled. So it was NOT exactly what happened or the TRUTH.

Hendersonville won and that is what matters here.

I have sat back for the last 36 hours to reflect on the history, tradition, all the great coaches and players, and what Green Wave Pride means in the town of Gallatin.

For me, it's God, Family, Friends and Green Wave Football. It gets me emotionally energized to be there Friday night. To see the stands packed on both sides in Green and Gold and the players filing out one by one as an insurmountable force. Young children standing close by watching and wishing someday they too can be like that Green Wave player they look up to. To hear the crowd cheer in unison for every tackle, catch, first down and touchdown. Win, lose or draw, we give it our all. It is who we are and who we should be as Green Wave fans showing Green Wave Pride.

I want to give a special thanks to Coach Don Porter, 66 who has been coaching a total of 42 years, many at Gallatin and Coach Skip Gibson, 67? both of whom retired from coaching as of Friday night.

For all true Green Wave Fans, the road is not easy on your way to the top. It sometimes takes longer than we desire, however, continue to press forward, be faithful, and cheer loudly the next friday night in August.

I have sat back for the last 36 hours to reflect on the history, tradition, all the great coaches and players, and what Green Wave Pride means in the town of Gallatin.

For me, it's God, Family, Friends and Green Wave Football. It gets me emotionally energized to be there Friday night. To see the stands packed on both sides in Green and Gold and the players filing out one by one as an insurmountable force. Young children standing close by watching and wishing someday they too can be like that Green Wave player they look up to. To hear the crowd cheer in unison for every tackle, catch, first down and touchdown. Win, lose or draw, we give it our all. It is who we are and who we should be as Green Wave fans showing Green Wave Pride.

I want to give a special thanks to Coach Don Porter, 66 who has been coaching a total of 42 years, many at Gallatin and Coach Skip Gibson, 67? both of whom retired from coaching as of Friday night.

For all true Green Wave Fans, the road is not easy on your way to the top. It sometimes takes longer than we desire, however, continue to press forward, be faithful, and cheer loudly the next friday night in August.

Porter was the last hold over from the Calvin Short regime. He definitely paid his dues for the Green Wave and his valuable experience will be missed. I was unaware that Skip retired as well. The "Get Back" coach will also be missed.

Interesting that a former coach, Marcus Walls was on the sidelines this past friday night. I heard some say he was just visiting.

Lots of interesting talk on the coaches show the next morning. Some of those former players that have been very vocal the last couple of years seem to have been getting into a few players ears I have been told. Those same talking heads have been making rumbles at Station Camp too. Very self serving and not the solution in my opinion.

Porter was the last hold over from the Calvin Short regime. He definitely paid his dues for the Green Wave and his valuable experience will be missed. I was unaware that Skip retired as well. The "Get Back" coach will also be missed.

Interesting that a former coach, Marcus Walls was on the sidelines this past friday night. I heard some say he was just visiting.

Lots of interesting talk on the coaches show the next morning. Some of those former players that have been very vocal the last couple of years seem to have been getting into a few players ears I have been told. Those same talking heads have been making rumbles at Station Camp too. Very self serving and not the solution in my opinion.

Marcus Walls was only visiting. He is a great coach and well respected but, I have heard nothing further.

As far as what is highlighted in bold, that is just plain sad that certain adults influence these young men while negatively impacting the team and community as a whole. I believe this has attributed to team unity in recent years and part of the negative persona some have given to the coaching staff. I only heard some of the coaches show, so please elaborate if I am missing something.

When is the Beech vs Hendersonville thread going to start. Not trying to stir things up, I know there is still a lot to talk about on this game, but just eager to see whats going to be said on the other thread. Good luck to Gallatin with their remaining sports and good luck in the offseason!

It may not or you may see less than was on ours. Seems Hendersonville and Beech bash each other on Facebook.

HCRedSwarm, you may need to start it.