Brainerd vs Giles Co

likearock

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Giles I hope you take care of business this week and get a rematch with marshall if they win, ya'll had a bad game against them during the season but if you bring your A game Marshall won't stand a chance. Ya'll had a great game against us, if you play like that it will be a breeze.

Good luck Giles in this coming fridays game may you stay healthy and safe!! From Fairview

What about Giles? What kind of O or D do they run? All I have ever heard about Giles is that it is a great place to deer hunt. Got to love that. Must be a great place. I will tell you this. That wing T Brainerd runs is no joke. They run it well.

One thing. IMO Cobb is the best quarterback in 12AA bar none and I watched em all, some more than once. As most would agree the team with the better quarterback in high school usually wins. I feel for you. Good luck anyway!

Would somebody please go find a Brainerd faithful and give them their smartphone and tell them all about the joys of coacht. I'm willing to bet they already know all about talkin a lil smack....just bring them into the new century.

With that said and looking at what I can find out about the game, friday night would be perfect for Giles County's O-line to own the night. What I believe will be the most senior group on the field...4 or 5 depending on who is in. Playing against a young team traveling a long distance nothing can decide the game better than an offensive line dominating the game. Break Brainerds spirit early and and let them be glad to have made it this far. They aren't a team we need to let hang around.

One thing. IMO Cobb is the best quarterback in 12AA bar none and I watched em all, some more than once. As most would agree the team with the better quarterback in high school usually wins. I feel for you. Good luck anyway!

word on da street, giles can't compete with the brainard boys.but i think our men can find a way to win! GO BOBCATS!

Deer? In Giles County? Haven't seen one in a while. Eating on the court house lawn anyway. Other than that you can probably see 4 or 5 in the drive-through at McDonald's.

Giles runs the pro-I. 90% run. QB has a weak arm. Five yard routes & such. 8 in the box with man to man will shut them down. Brainerd's W-T looks a little strange for a W-T. Never seen the T run like that. Your guys look really fast. We'll have popcorn & a drink waiting on them in the end zone. Gracious hosts and all. :popcorneater:

Musta changed it up a little bit... I know when they had big Bo Wallace than ran a spread

Edited by WoodlawnFalcons

Just found out we are playing at Sam Davis Park Stadium not Giles county high school. What are the facilities like? We probably will not bring a whole lot of people, but we are bringing band and spirit bus along with football team. Hope both teams can create some pretty good atmosphere.

You will play in one of the best stadiums in the state. Whatever coach goes up in the box will be very happy. Great atmosphere for high school football.

You will play in one of the best stadiums in the state. Whatever coach goes up in the box will be very happy. Great atmosphere for high school football.

Thanks Gerry. We do love the Brickyard. There should be over a couple of thousand on hand.

Finally for the 1st time this year I do believe the Bobcats will have no "Mash Unit". Most of the season Giles had 6 or more unable to go. Still got a couple not 100% but at least they should all be in pads. There are still 2 freshmen sidelined though. :ph34r:

That will be me. I know it will be cold. That Wing T comment by the way was meant to be funny, someone picked up on it quick from Giles. We have been accused of it several times this year by several teams. We are pretty much spread option. The comment I made was meant to be funny. I am sure your coaches know that by now. You guys look good, hope we can make a game of it.