Arlington vs Whitehaven

atiger22

The best offense in Shelby County going against the best defense in Shelby County(maybe the best in the state). Arlington will be ready for the biggest challenge in program history. Hopefully Whitehaven will be looking ahead and Arlington can pull off a hugh upset. Whitehaven will be the toughest team they have ever faced.

hope 2 see a good game, but Whitehaven is very talented and over the last 5 years it seems like the coaching staff is the only thing that has held this team back. The offensive play calling has been as good as I've seen this year over the last few years, But it still feels like they are scared to just open it up and play. Seems like if they could, they would just line up and run up the middle every play even when its not working.

Whitehaven has yet to play a team like Arlington this year. Whitehaven schedule was not very tough compared to previous years so I feel that Whitehaven will have a problem containing arlingtons offense. Congrats on your win Arlington last night.

Has Arlington played a team like Whitehaven?

• Upvote 1

Over the past few seasons, Arlington fans would post here and in the Commercial Appeal about how they were not getting respect they felt they deserved. The common response was they needed to play a better schedule, and show success with that schedule.

Well, I think they have have arrived! And if their 1st round game is any indication of where they are mentally, I'd say they are peaking at the right time. That doesn't mean they will roll over Whitehaven the way they did DC.

Whitehaven has shown in recent years, the inability to go as far in the playoffs as expected. But I think they improved last year, and maybe will continue playing up to their potential.

If both teams do show up and play to their potential, it should a great game!

Well, I will guarantee Arlington puts up nowhere near 56 this week. Whitehaven gave up barely more than that the entire season. Whitehaven has played some tough teams and done well against them. Ridgeway, White Station, East, Mitchell, Fairley, the team out of Chicago......all of these teams went to the playoffs. To say they haven't played anyone is inaccurate. They will win this week over a good Arlington squad.

Go watch film on Whitehaven's Defense! Them young guys are HUNGRY! 65 points given up in 11 games! U can't question 65 points! I told you who Whitehaven's toughest game in this area was going to be... That was East. No disrespect to Arlington. I love their offensive scheme over there, but they about to Run into a Buzzsaw. REAL TYPE :hungry:

Edited by BlackHavenSenator