Arlington vs Whitehaven

atiger22

I like to compare schedules and make assumptions and looking at Whitestations schedule they had a hard schedule. Compare Whitehavens to Whitestations or Arlingtons.. If I remember correctly I was told Arlington handled Whitehaven in a scrimmage ??? Anyway I could be wrong but I have a strong feeling Arlingtons going to give DaHaven all they can handle.

I like to compare schedules and make assumptions and looking at Whitestations schedule they had a hard schedule. Compare Whitehavens to Whitestations or Arlingtons.. If I remember correctly I was told Arlington handled Whitehaven in a scrimmage ??? Anyway I could be wrong but I have a strong feeling Arlingtons going to give DaHaven all they can handle.

2 things my guy....

1.) Let me give you the numbers if the folks who are big time players who DID NOT PLAY in that scrimmage as we had track guys and soccer soccer guys missing. Now if and when u get to see some film of Whitehaven you'll understand exactly why Arlington was "SO IMPRESSIVE" :rolleyes:

Players who didn't play in that game are the following: #5, 3, 7, 9, 10, 17, 1, 15, 52. I think we had more lineman out but I can't remember as I dealt with the Skill positions over a whitehaven. Regardless, we were missing three-fourths of our Starting secondary and we only had like ONE WIDE OUT that is in the rotation now actually playing in that game. We pretty much played them guys with young guys who were trying to fight their way into the rotation. So don't take what you heard about that SPRING scrimmage for too much. <_<

2.) Oh and by Arlington giving Whitehaven all they can handle, I agree if that means they'll be in the game against us and then fade down the stretch as Whitehaven prevails... :thumb:

2 things my guy....

1.) Let me give you the numbers if the folks who are big time players who DID NOT PLAY in that scrimmage as we had track guys and soccer soccer guys missing. Now if and when u get to see some film of Whitehaven you'll understand exactly why Arlington was "SO IMPRESSIVE" :rolleyes:

Players who didn't play in that game are the following: #5, 3, 7, 9, 10, 17, 1, 15, 52. I think we had more lineman out but I can't remember as I dealt with the Skill positions over a whitehaven. Regardless, we were missing three-fourths of our Starting secondary and we only had like ONE WIDE OUT that is in the rotation now actually playing in that game. We pretty much played them guys with young guys who were trying to fight their way into the rotation. So don't take what you heard about that SPRING scrimmage for too much. <_<

2.) Oh and by Arlington giving Whitehaven all they can handle, I agree if that means they'll be in the game against us and then fade down the stretch as Whitehaven prevails... :thumb:

Just so you know Arlington was missing several starters in the spring game as well. If you haven't heard they have a pretty good baseball team and the baseball guys didn't play. This will be a game. Arlington has always had a potent offense but now the defense is playing at a high level. They will be ready for a tough physical game on both ends. Don't expect us to fade down the strecth. Either way this game is close.

The best offense in Shelby County going against the best defense in Shelby County(maybe the best in the state). Arlington will be ready for the biggest challenge in program history. Hopefully Whitehaven will be looking ahead and Arlington can pull off a hugh upset. Whitehaven will be the toughest team they have ever faced.

LOL ... really? Looking ahead? It's loser go home. Don't count on Whitehaven looking ahead!

Just so you know Arlington was missing several starters in the spring game as well. If you haven't heard they have a pretty good baseball team and the baseball guys didn't play. This will be a game. Arlington has always had a potent offense but now the defense is playing at a high level. They will be ready for a tough physical game on both ends. Don't expect us to fade down the strecth. Either way this game is close.

I like your retort, but one question, were you guys missing your starting QB and RB in the scrimmage?

We were.

Hope Whitehaven can cover the pass all night long!!! If not it will be ugly.

#1 Derrick Bobo, #3 Antonio Thomas, #5 Darrius 'Vodoo' Simms and #21 Torrey Johnson may not only be the best Secondary in the State, they maybe the best in the Mid-South. I, too am very interested in seeing that match up. If the QB messes around and goes 20 for 20 passing we might have to just tip our caps and take the L but I don't see the QB being PERFECT again, not with #28 Kamron Perry coming off the end all night long. :popcorneater:

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

#1 Derrick Bobo, #3 Antonio Thomas, #5 Darrius 'Vodoo' Simms and #21 Torrey Johnson may not only be the best Secondary in the State, they maybe the best in the Mid-South. I, too am very interested in seeing that match up. If the QB messes around and goes 20 for 20 passing we might have to just tip our caps and take the L but I don't see the QB being PERFECT again, not with #28 Kamron Perry coming off the end all night long. :popcorneater:

THAT'S his nickname!

VOODOO!

Yes .... that fits perfectly!

THAT'S his nickname!

VOODOO!

Yes .... that fits perfectly!

Well its not "Offically" his nickname yet, but I'm working on getting that out there. Reasoning behind it, Black Magic... kwc, u know what I'm sayin'! LOL. If you have seen him you know EXACTLY what I'm sayin' HA. I love the young man's game on the field, and he's confident TOO! :ph34r:

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

I like your retort, but one question, were you guys missing your starting QB and RB in the scrimmage?

We were.

Now that you ask yes we were missing our starting RB, a 2 time all district RB and 3 year starter, and we were missing another 3 yr starter on defense. The DB that was missing has 6 interceptions in 5 games this year, he too is a 2 time all district DB and 3 year starter. Both seniors and leaders. Yes we played our starting QB but several key components were missing. We may not have been as short handed as you but we were short handed none the less.

Now that you ask yes we were missing our starting RB, a 2 time all district RB and 3 year starter, and we were missing another 3 yr starter on defense. The DB that was missing has 6 interceptions in 5 games this year, he too is a 2 time all district DB and 3 year starter. Both seniors and leaders. Yes we played our starting QB but several key components were missing. We may not have been as short handed as you but we were short handed none the less.

Fair enough sir :)

It will be a barn burner of a game

Well its not "Offically" his nickname yet, but I'm working on getting that out there. Reasoning behind it, Black Magic... kwc, u know what I'm sayin'! LOL. If you have seen him you know EXACTLY what I'm sayin' HA. I love the young man's game on the field, and he's confident TOO! :ph34r:

LOL ... yeah I understand perfectly. I had typed out this whole diatribe about assigning him a nickname. I really want to call him 'Primetime', but that is already taken by Deon Sanders. I deleted my whole post and then read what you said and got all excited. Voodoo does have a negative connotation attached to it ... so, if you are a Whitehaven opponent, then he would be 'voodoo' against you. I'm making a request for all Whitehaven fans that have seen number five play to help us give him a nickname that's apropos. What do we call him? Voodoo? Primetime? Playmaker? Triple Threat? (offense, defense, special teams)