EK Slaughter out at Cleveland

Surely your not in the dark that much! I have heard since he was hired that he was brought here for one reason. Slaughter was brought to CHS for one purpose, by one person's influence, with the expectation that his offense would showcase one player and it didn't work out. There's no need for him anymore, and with the particular influence uninterested now,,, no motive for him to be there.

Surely your not in the dark that much! I have heard since he was hired that he was brought here for one reason. Slaughter was brought to CHS for one purpose, by one person's influence, with the expectation that his offense would showcase one player and it didn't work out. There's no need for him anymore, and with the particular influence uninterested now,,, no motive for him to be there.

Are you insinuating that the QB's Dad influenced his hiring? If so, then who influenced him resigning?

I dont think you hire Greene because of ties to the community, now if Greene would have went 7-3 at Rhea this yr. then you have a reason to hire him because he won with less talent. I think its important that Cleveland hits a homerun with its next hire. Cleveland is losing kids to Bradley every yr due to success that Bradley has had. Cleveland needs to stop the bleeding with a hire that can get this program back to where it once was. I dont think you have to rebuild this program, its not to that point yet, but just back to being competitive. Not saying Greene cant do that but i think i would look more to Mike Martin, Fitzgerald etc..

JMO

I dont think you hire Greene because of ties to the community, now if Greene would have went 7-3 at Rhea this yr. then you have a reason to hire him because he won with less talent. I think its important that Cleveland hits a homerun with its next hire. Cleveland is losing kids to Bradley every yr due to success that Bradley has had. Cleveland needs to stop the bleeding with a hire that can get this program back to where it once was. I dont think you have to rebuild this program, its not to that point yet, but just back to being competitive. Not saying Greene cant do that but i think i would look more to Mike Martin, Fitzgerald etc..

JMO

:wacko:

JMO

The AD does not like Fitzgerald so he is probably out. But then again this is Cleveland we are talking about.

JMO

Not really surprised at him being fired since there was so much hype pre-season for Cleveland. Slaughter wasn't that good of a coach, but I think he's being used as a scapegoat in a way.

You mentioned Mike Martin, and I think he would be a great hire for either WV or Cleveland. He built some strong teams at Meigs (they beat Walker Valley all 4 years he was there), and he's been successful rebuilding at East Ridge in the few short years he's been there. He's not the best x and o guy I've seen, but he's a disciplinarian, motivator, and will get all he can out of the talent he has.

JMO

Mike Martin? Really? As in East Ridge Mike Martin?

Really, Cleveland needs someone with a proven record of performance and ability to coach-up a team. Several area/regional guys come to mind...Martin wouldn't be near that list.

Mike Martin? Really? As in East Ridge Mike Martin?

Really, Cleveland needs someone with a proven record of performance and ability to coach-up a team. Several area/regional guys come to mind...Martin wouldn't be near that list.

Here is a quote from the clevelandbanner.com article:

"According to Cleveland City Schools public information director Doug Moore, the process for finding a new Raider coach is not in the school’s immediate future."

Looks like we wont know anything anytime soon.

JMO

Good luck with hitting a homerun we are still stuck on 1st. Going to be interesting though.