EK Slaughter out at Cleveland

Brandon Derrick would be a good fit.

What about Derrick Davis?

Marsh at Sweetwater might be looking to make move. Applied for the Rhea job last year.

The guy at Bledsoe is a good coach.

Would Cleveland look a lower division guy that has had some success?

Brandon Derrick's wife won't let him move back to this area.

Derrick Davis would be an excellent choice, but I don't see him ever leaving Polk Co.

Marsh has done a good job with Sweetwater, so he'd be a good choice.

Don't know Bledsoe's coach. Although he has a good team this year does he just win when he has a lot of talent?

Thinking outside of the Cleveland box... what about Cummings at Knoxville West. If you know any history Knox West was pretty much a perennial .500 or less program and sometimes much less before him. Not sure what all has changed there but at least appearance is he has done a really good job. Before him in like 1999 they came here and we destroyed them. I'm pretty sure he was the coach when they came here and beat us in the 1st round in like 2003 or so and we were ranked #2 in state. Then we went there a couple years later and they killed us in the 1st round. Since then they have been pretty good. Last year went to semis I think and this yr they are rolling again. He probably wouldn't come but if a committee or administration doesn't ask no one will ever know. Just taking applications that come in doesn't always get best man.

Blueraiderfan, what happened? I know you seemed ready for a change early in the year from your posts and kind of changed your tune late in the season. As a Trojan fan I don't see how EK did not have more success up there after seeing what he did at Soddy Daisy in one year. Wonder if he wants to be a D Coordinator at Soddy Daisy for a year. Heck Coach Orr may let him be head coach and Orr be his assistant. I'm sure a lot of people would go for that.

Blueraiderfan, what happened? I know you seemed ready for a change early in the year from your posts and kind of changed your tune late in the season. As a Trojan fan I don't see how EK did not have more success up there after seeing what he did at Soddy Daisy in one year. Wonder if he wants to be a D Coordinator at Soddy Daisy for a year. Heck Coach Orr may let him be head coach and Orr be his assistant. I'm sure a lot of people would go for that.

Well, I wanted to see what he could do next year, when Cleveland will have a load of players coming back. They return just about all of their skill guys outside of QB, but also have a very talented QB ready to play. I also thought the way he finished this year, going 5-2, earned at least one more year.

Are you serious, they passed on Rankin? Wow! Was this recent or back when he was at Riverdale? The man has been a winner with every program I can remember him being with. Someone needs their head examined!

I agree though, can't see Davis leaving Polk. Not sure about B. Derrick, that man just has too much swagger, lol. They do need to find a great coach. There is a lot of talent there, they just need to find someone to get it out of them. Best of luck to the Raiders.

Are you serious, they passed on Rankin? Wow! Was this recent or back when he was at Riverdale? The man has been a winner with every program I can remember him being with. Someone needs their head examined!

I agree though, can't see Davis leaving Polk. Not sure about B. Derrick, that man just has too much swagger, lol. They do need to find a great coach. There is a lot of talent there, they just need to find someone to get it out of them. Best of luck to the Raiders.

Rankin was at Riverdale at the time. Coach Brown had just left the football program. I remember walking down the hall during school and seeing Gary Rankin talking to some of the Cleveland students. Cleveland ended up with Danny Wilson, Rankin landed at defending champion Alcoa, where he has won the last 6 state championships.

alot of people say he "bought" Cleveland wrestling a state championship.

No...No I can attest to that...being a former assistant for the middle school and highschool wrestling program those boys worked hard for that one...I coached many of those guys in kids club as well...He has pumped money into the program but rest assure hard work and discipline have been the rewards for those guys!!!!

No...No I can attest to that...being a former assistant for the middle school and highschool wrestling program those boys worked hard for that one...I coached many of those guys in kids club as well...He has pumped money into the program but rest assure hard work and discipline have been the rewards for those guys!!!!

Oh I believe every word you just said. I'm just stating what some people around the area are saying.