BA vs. Christian Brothers

nike7

You saw BA look good when CBHS laid back to run the clock down... They never expected to be up so big going into the 4th, so that probably wasn't in their game plan. lol BA's solution is simple to fix things. Promote their middle school football coach, to the high school and we won't have this problem again.... I honestly thought they should have last year. Carlton Flatt would not have lost that game. No one can argue with that statement. He made it happen with much less desirable facilities, and at times, less talent.

Amen Brother. Doubt he would come back but there were plenty of good choices on the list that would have been suitable. Ones that played and coached under him. Ones that know how to coach as well as care, encourage and motivate their players like he did.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think ricky is one of the best coaches around. I think last year should have been a bigger disappointment for BA fans than this year. I think BA, Ensworth and Baylor were evenly matched last year but this year I fully expected BA to have some let downs. As good as the freshmen and soph are for BA its just hard to win a championship with such a young team. Ensworth is young too so I would expect a battle next year at the top again. BAs freshman should be one of BAs best groups in some time as they mature. I suspect with the new facilities that I hear will rival father Ryan's and the talent in the pipeline , you guys should have alot to look forward to. Great school, good people, great environment. Would certainly be on my short list of places to send my kids.

Ok, what was the signature win by coach Potter? Still waiting to hear when it was... Just a simple question. Coach Bowers has several. It is a really simple question, maybe I missed something. They haven't been young the entire time he has been there...

[To me, CBHS was fired up and ready to play. Anyway you look at it, when BA plays at any given school, the game is a big deal and a lot of teams probably have the attitude that they have nothing to lose. Sometimes that mantra works which is what happened last night. BA team really did not look into the game i.e. they just did not seem to be fired up about the whole scenario until the last quarter. The time in the third quarter evaporated in what seemed like seconds with CB's first downs and clock management. By the time the offense started to fire it was simply too late.

From a coaching standpoint, I never compare coaches without looking at the whole picture i.e.. financial commitment from the school, or how much a school has to spend on a program and what are its resources.

Hats off to CBHS as they played great with one heck of an effort from their offensive line. I would to see them, as well as MUS, progress in the coming weeks.

When the divisions shifted brentwood academy no longer has dominated everyone like in the past. Even though they have been good at times since 1996 they have not been dominant under any coach including Carlton. MBA has an 11-6 record against BA from 2000-2011 and MBA had a winning record against Carlton when he retuned to coach BA from 2002-2006. Matter of fact McCallie had a 3-3 record against BA from 2002-2006 until the state championship game in 06. MBA has won twice as many state championships as BA since 1995. Carlton was beat by Ricky in 1998 for the state championship. MBA beat BA in 2002 and 2003 for the state championship- MUS beat BA in 2004 for the state championship. Carlton was a great coach no one is denying that but if you look at his record when he came back from 2002-2006 he only won 1 more game than potter has won in his tenure. So let me ask you a question? What has happened to BA since 1996? They have won 1 state championship

When the divisions shifted brentwood academy no longer has dominated everyone like in the past. Even though they have been good at times since 1996 they have not been dominant under any coach including Carlton. MBA has an 11-6 record against BA from 2000-2011 and MBA had a winning record against Carlton when he retuned to coach BA from 2002-2006. Matter of fact McCallie had a 3-3 record against BA from 2002-2006 until the state championship game in 06. MBA has won twice as many state championships as BA since 1995. Carlton was beat by Ricky in 1998 for the state championship. MBA beat BA in 2002 and 2003 for the state championship- MUS beat BA in 2004 for the state championship. Carlton was a great coach no one is denying that but if you look at his record when he came back from 2002-2006 he only won 1 more game than potter has won in his tenure. So let me ask you a question? What has happened to BA since 1996? They have won 1 state championship

Don't know, but that's one more than Baylor.

Jerk. Read his posts and the guy has been nothing but complimentary of BA. More than BA fans and expressed himself very knowledgeably. He added alot to the conversation....you did not.

Hey Mr Soccer player. BA has been to more state finals since DII started than any other program. Granted, I am tired of losing. Baylor guy is providing expert commentary on BA's program, and asks "what has happened since 1996"? They have done well, with the most consistently winning program in DII--look it up. At least 5-6 state championship appearances. BA has lost too many big games, but as far as consistently winning, no other program compares. And that includes Baylor.

Hey Mr Soccer player. BA has been to more state finals since DII started than any other program. Granted, I am tired of losing. Baylor guy is providing expert commentary on BA's program, and asks "what has happened since 1996"? They have done well, with the most consistently winning program in DII--look it up. At least 5-6 state championship appearances. BA has lost too many big games, but as far as consistently winning, no other program compares. And that includes Baylor.

Also, let me add that Baylor has 1 win over BA since the split. That's what they've done since 1996.

Ok, what was the signature win by coach Potter? Still waiting to hear when it was... Just a simple question. Coach Bowers has several. It is a really simple question, maybe I missed something. They haven't been young the entire time he has been there...

Lots of arguments going on in this thread and certainly do not want to start another. A few of the "skill" guys were the young ones on BA - they were not the majority. Three out of 4 boys on the OL were srs and much of the defense was upperclassman so they were not as young as many think. And actually the jr class has quite a lot of talent. And like previous BA teams, we seem to decide only 3-4 boys can handle the skill roles instead of utilizing all of the kids who have strong skills. We then continue to try to "force" the plays that way and teams know it and focus on it. Or one gets hurt and we aren't ready to deal with it. I could care less about who won the most c-ships and most games and so on. The bottom line, the BA coaching staff is not getting it done nor are we developing players to their full potential, and bldg confidence amongst the boys. Someone else said it - encouragement is not a well used action. We (or at least i do) need to put it in perspective though, it is only HS football and life means much more, although of course these young men work hard for yrs on end to be successful.

Life goes on.