BA vs. Christian Brothers

nike7

Makes me feel better? I don't care if y'all scored more against Trinity. Y'all still lost by 45 points. We got our tails whipped too, and so has everyone that Trinity has played. It seems to me your the one fishing for things to "make you feel better". If I want to feel better, I think that even though this was a disappointing year for BA, we still went into MBA's house and whipped up on them.

This isn't about BA vs MBA or about Trinity so let's not make it about those things. I'm done talking about that.

Ok, you can be done talking about it and then I will be done, but first of all I am not a Y'all of MBA. I know some of the boys very well and know how hard they work, as I do of BA. I also think it is unfair to the boys of BA to say it was a disappointing "year". They have a lot to be proud of as you so nicely pointed out above. Yes, it was a disappointing "end" to their season, but I think they deserve more credit than to say they had a disappointing "year" and I think they have a lot to look forward to next year.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when I played in high school a 5-4 season was huge, after all it was a winning season. we had our victory dinner at shakeys in green hills. 9 wins would have been the catalyst for some type of monument. when 9 wins is not enough our priorities are suspect.

Edited by SafeT

when I played in high school a 5-4 season was huge, after all it was a winning season. we had our victory dinner at shakeys in green hills. 9 wins would have been the catalyst for some type of monument. when 9 wins is not enough our priorities are suspect.

9 wins for teams with minimal talent is worth a celebration at CICI's. But when you have the talent to win the state for the past 2 years and you don't, then it feels like you missed an opportunity. Winning the state is the goal for most teams, so yes you are disappointed but lack of priorities..don't think so.

An example of talent not used at BA last year was Pleasant (TN Tech) on offense. He played defensive for BA. When he was invited to the Tennessee high school all-star game he played running back and was the MVP of the game. Last years BA player, King (Vandy) Fastest player in the state last year, was not used on offense either. Just seems strange that the talent is not used to it's potential.

BA, with Ralph Potter, will win the D-2 state championships next year. No one knows more than he, that this last game is tough to take. But it's too late now for this season; they will dominate next year. Simply an observer from the outside.

wow, pretty bold prediction mohawke. you must know something i don't. having to replace most of the big guys up front on both sides of the ball usually spells trouble regardless of the coaching issues. i should buy you a lunch gift certificate if you're right. i guess we'll see what happens.

wow, pretty bold prediction mohawke. you must know something i don't. having to replace most of the big guys up front on both sides of the ball usually spells trouble regardless of the coaching issues. i should buy you a lunch gift certificate if you're right. i guess we'll see what happens.

I agree, losing 4 starting lineman will be very hard to overcome. There doesn't seem to be much depth there because when people went down this year, replacements struggled. Even if they make it there I wouldn't have much confidence in the coach or the play calling. Much I sure hope you're right. It's time for the Eagles to win another state championship.

[To me, CBHS was fired up and ready to play. Anyway you look at it, when BA plays at any given school, the game is a big deal and a lot of teams probably have the attitude that they have nothing to lose. Sometimes that mantra works which is what happened last night. BA team really did not look into the game i.e. they just did not seem to be fired up about the whole scenario until the last quarter. The time in the third quarter evaporated in what seemed like seconds with CB's first downs and clock management. By the time the offense started to fire it was simply too late.

From a coaching standpoint, I never compare coaches without looking at the whole picture i.e.. financial commitment from the school, or how much a school has to spend on a program and what are its resources.

Hats off to CBHS as they played great with one heck of an effort from their offensive line. I would to see them, as well as MUS, progress in the coming weeks.

CBHS boat raced BA, coach will always make it look like we are too young or something, and the leadership will not think twice about keeping him. I have to say, last years team should have won it all easily. This years team should have, at least, made it to the championship game. If you are a good coach, you will find a way to win games you shouldn't win. BA makes some excuse every year that makes them middle of the road. The most disappointing thing is that coach has a great staff of assistants. He just doesn't listen to them from what I hear.

When the divisions shifted brentwood academy no longer has dominated everyone like in the past. Even though they have been good at times since 1996 they have not been dominant under any coach including Carlton. MBA has an 11-6 record against BA from 2000-2011 and MBA had a winning record against Carlton when he retuned to coach BA from 2002-2006. Matter of fact McCallie had a 3-3 record against BA from 2002-2006 until the state championship game in 06. MBA has won twice as many state championships as BA since 1995. Carlton was beat by Ricky in 1998 for the state championship. MBA beat BA in 2002 and 2003 for the state championship- MUS beat BA in 2004 for the state championship. Carlton was a great coach no one is denying that but if you look at his record when he came back from 2002-2006 he only won 1 more game than potter has won in his tenure. So let me ask you a question? What has happened to BA since 1996? They have won 1 state championship

WOW, you remember you are downgrading a coach that has won more HS football games than anyone in the history of Tennessee football? Last time I checked... He also has won more state championships than any other coach

at one school. He won state championships in every division of high school football,,,,, before Division II football was even formed. Coach Potter won just one in his whole coaching life and none were at

BA. He won that one on the back of a great QB who could run and actually throw the ball. I feel that BA has became OK with just barely good enough. Sure is hard to swallow, that pill, but it looks to be the truth... If there is no change, chalk Ensworth up for every victory from now on and BA to start having good talent to transfer somewhere else. Book that one. Joshua Pleasant is a prime example from last year. Got overlooked because of an early season injury and was a star of a game after the season was over to promote high school players. Potter barely played him his Senior year for some strange reason.

Hey Mr Soccer player. BA has been to more state finals since DII started than any other program. Granted, I am tired of losing. Baylor guy is providing expert commentary on BA's program, and asks "what has happened since 1996"? They have done well, with the most consistently winning program in DII--look it up. At least 5-6 state championship appearances. BA has lost too many big games, but as far as consistently winning, no other program compares. And that includes Baylor.

It only counts in November. lol