SIGNAL MOUNTAIN 2012

MountainTroll

Ridgeland needs a quick trip into Tennessee as they have half a dozen more to pick up in Chattanooga on the way back to Rossville.

Good one, I'm fairly confident that Signal Mountain has many many more kids that aren't from their district than Ridgeland does. But Im sure you rationalize it as beeing better since you are in the same state as your transfers even though Ridgeland is probably closer.

IDK, what difference could it possibly make. There are rules in place and I'm sure Ridgeland has been careful to make sure they have been followed. It really chaps your behind that players transfer to Ridgeland from Tennessee doesn't it? Well maybe if the Tennessee schools would show a similar committment and ability to get players to the next level it wouldn't happen. That being said, you keep on building those 1,000 seat stadiums and we will keep churning out about as many major college prospects as the entire city of Chattanooga combined. Vonn Bell was a nobody until he transferred to Ridgeland. Do you realize how sad it is that a player of that caliber had zero offers and zero interest until he moved 15 minutes accross the state line? Maybe your coaches should do their jobs and players wouldnt be so apt to leave.

Edited by ridgelandpanthers07

Vonn Bell was a nobody until he transferred to Ridgeland. Do you realize how sad it is that a player of that caliber had zero offers and zero interest until he moved 15 minutes accross the state line?

Central had players get plenty of attention in recent years even if they didn't take advantage of the opportunity. There is an article in the paper today about a player from Ider AL comitting to UTC and possibly could play higher than that, players will be found. Bell isn't a prospect because he is at Ridgeland but because he's a superior talent.

Recruiting today is about promotion of the players. The coaches at Ridgeland have done a great job of promoting their athletes and they should be congratulated for it. Unfortunatly most coaches today do not understand that the process has changed drastically over the last 5 years. I personally do not think Vonn would have received all the opportunity that he so well deserves if he had not changed schools. Many capable players who want to play college football will never get the opportunity because coaches have not put forth the effort to stay up to speed on the recruiting process for the kids. Ensworth, for example has a dedicated resource to just be the recruiting coordinator for the athletes of all sports. Programs like Ensworth and Ridgeland will keep attracting the players that want to go to the next level. What most coaches don't realize is that if they will help promote their players, their program will receive more recognition and they will have kids like Vonn want to go to school there and they will win more games and keep their jobs longer.

Shock and Awe 21-0 the Eagles dominated with their air assault tonight as predicted!!!!

More like poor defending. 2 were complete blown coverage's. #17 looks to be pretty dependable. Maybe if they wore some gloves it might help them catch. Signal looked impressive honestly. Why is the QB playing D? You lose him, your season may go down the drain.

Edited by reaction

DeHart Hubbard, a QB-Athlete at Central a couple of years ago, was getting looked at by Auburn, Illinois, among others. Would he ever have signed that high, I don't know, I thought UTC would have been a good place for him. But the majors were aware of him as they would have been with Bell especially with his summer work. If a player wants to go to a better team or has a problem with the coaches, fine as long as it's done within the rules but having to switch "in order to get a scholarship" is silly.

Edited by Indian

More like poor defending. 2 were complete blown coverage's. #17 looks to be pretty dependable. Maybe if they wore some gloves it might help them catch. Signal looked impressive honestly. Why is the QB playing D? You lose him, your season may go down the drain.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised to see him in at Safety myself.

Blown coverages are common in high school, especially when your receivers are running good routes. Nice to have a QB that can identify and exploit the weaknesses of a defense. Props to CJ on some nice catches. Also Chris, and Robert running like a beast. Offense looked good running and throwing. Defense looked very strong.

I agree about the receiver gloves. I think they really help. Kind of agree with you about Reese playing centerfield, but I don't think that will last long. Younger DB's are working hard in practice and steadily improving.

Edited by MountainTroll