SIGNAL MOUNTAIN 2012

MountainTroll

Eddie's doin' well. Been in the weight room. He say he wants a rematch with that HartsVillian.

bird_cartoon_26.gif

As for the party in Hemlock, that would be week 5. I guess Stinker and Goat told you that you missed a good time last year. I won't be able to extend you the same hospitality that they received, 'cause we ain't on my home turf. However, I do have a Get Out of Jail Free card valid in Cornbread Capital, and I can probably get you a photo op with Eddie.

seven and i don't meddle in hospitalities, much like the norsemen, we just take what we want. icon_twisted.gif

i will take you up that photo op with the bird though. icon_e_biggrin.gif

we'll all meet up in advance, of course. :thumb:

I take it back. I questioned whether Signal would be ready after their jamboree game the other night but they were. Ridgeland brought the physicality to them early and it looked like the eagles were about to get blow off the field but that 17 play drive with about 4 4th down conversions turned the tide and the Ridgeland defense was worn down by the 2nd quarter. Got to get our conditioning fixed.

I take it back. I questioned whether Signal would be ready after their jamboree game the other night but they were. Ridgeland brought the physicality to them early and it looked like the eagles were about to get blow off the field but that 17 play drive with about 4 4th down conversions turned the tide and the Ridgeland defense was worn down by the 2nd quarter. Got to get our conditioning fixed.

That's why I think these kind of preseason scrimmages are important. Playing quality opponents will let you see where you need more work. I think we saw some of the best TN 4a and GA AAAA has to offer. Both teams should do very well this year. Best of luck to the Panthers this year.

how's eddie the eagle this year...? icon_twisted.gif

and what week are y'all going down to mercy rule the pirates? seven and i aren't missing that this year. :thumb:

You are right! I'm hearing it will be a victory for us keeping the spread below 50. I heard SM has about 6 or 7 of our 2 best players. How is the kid from Tyner doing Troll? He is a beast. Our guys play both ways this year more so than the past 3 years. I know you run 3-4 new players in every play. I hear ALOT btw. I also hear you were losing to Ridgeland, GA at the end, then put your starters in to score so the final would reflect SM winning. Again I hear a lot.

You are right! I'm hearing it will be a victory for us keeping the spread below 50. I heard SM has about 6 or 7 of our 2 best players. How is the kid from Tyner doing Troll? He is a beast. Our guys play both ways this year more so than the past 3 years. I know you run 3-4 new players in every play. I hear ALOT btw. I also hear you were losing to Ridgeland, GA at the end, then put your starters in to score so the final would reflect SM winning. Again I hear a lot.

I hear ALOT, too. Just cain't believe most of it.

Troll are you closing your eyes when you look at the field. I am pretty sure Nolan and Thrasher aren't your main feeder schools.

My eyes is wide open. Was referring to Mike's comment about the Ridgeland scrimmage. Entirely JV in the second half.

Never said all the kids went to elementary or middle school on the Mountain. Don't know which one used to go to Tyner or when he transfered up. I am fairly certain, though, that the only new kids on the team this year are freshmen.

Ridgeland was lucky this wasn't a complete game! Any one watching that had half a brain knew that the rout was about to begin when they blowed that last whistle. Just wait you'll see.

You much have watched a different game. This one probably should have been 28-7 or so at the half. Ridgeland was bigger stronger faster and more physical. They gashed you on the ground and made big plays through the air. How many 20+ yard plays did your defense give up n a half. How many vicious stiff-arms crumbled your defenders? You want no part of Ridgeland in a real game. Ridgeland ran at will, passed at will, and stopped your run. You were saved on like 6 4th downs because Ridgeland allowed you that little WR screen with 2 defenders covering 3 recievers on one side. You have a good passing scheme but Ridgeland is a better football team. No doubt about it.

You much have watched a different game. This one probably should have been 28-7 or so at the half. Ridgeland was bigger stronger faster and more physical. They gashed you on the ground and made big plays through the air. How many 20+ yard plays did your defense give up n a half. How many vicious stiff-arms crumbled your defenders? You want no part of Ridgeland in a real game. Ridgeland ran at will, passed at will, and stopped your run. You were saved on like 6 4th downs because Ridgeland allowed you that little WR screen with 2 defenders covering 3 recievers on one side. You have a good passing scheme but Ridgeland is a better football team. No doubt about it.

Lets see if I remember correctly the score at the end of the varsity half was 17-14 in favor of SM. Heck we spotted you a 14 point lead and then scored 17 unanswered points. You had some big plays and we had some big plays, you had some mistakes and we had some mistakes but the score is what it is. At the end of the night this was just a scrimmage and it should help both teams get better and be prepared for the season.