2011 Arby's Classic

MentorFan

Anybody have any information (specifically, a list of participants) about the 2011 Arby's Classic at Bristol? I know the dates will be 12/27-12/31. I'm from Ohio, and Mentor (last year's 3rd place team) will return to the event. I gained a lot of useful information following the event on this board last year and look forward to doing it again.

Edited by MentorFan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody have any information (specifically, a list of participants) about the 2011 Arby's Classic at Bristol? I know the dates will be 12/27-12/31. I'm from Ohio, and Mentor (last year's 3rd place team) will return to the event. I gained a lot of useful information following the event on this board last year and look forward to doing it again.

Its great to hear they are coming back. I thoroughly enjoyed watching them play. How many players return from last year's starting 5?

Its great to hear they are coming back. I thoroughly enjoyed watching them play. How many players return from last year's starting 5?

Mentor returns 2 of their 5 starters from last year along with 3 or 4 other significant varsity contributors. Last year's Classic MVP came from Mentor - Cole Krizancic. He graduated and is playing DII ball in Ohio. Mentor's strength of last season was in their top three guards - usually scoring about 80% or more of the team's total points in the tournament. One of that trio returns. Justin Fritts (a lefty if you remember) was actually the team's leading scorer last year. Fritts is the only player returning that averaged more than 10 ppg.

Mentor will still be a good team. Not as good as last year's, but still pretty good. They should be one of the top 10 teams in Ohio and one of the very best in a competitive Cleveland (OH) area. Cole's younger brother is a sophomore and he actually had some prodcutive minutes last year as a freshman on a very good varsity team. He should take a significant jump this year along with a couple other youngsters.

Mentor will use the same style as they did last year, so if nothing else they will make for an entertaining display with their fast-paced offense and full-court pressure defense. Mentor may score 70 or 80 every game, but will also probably give up about that amount.

Is Christ school the one that got some transfers from science hill??

yes thats all Does anyone know how Allen was a Sr @ SH and turns into a Jr at Christ?Always throught all High Schools was the same across the US. Christ does play for a state title in NC. No wonder the out of town teams that come to the Arbys are better than the teams for TN they have players that should be freashmen in collage looks like they would invite High School teams only. :popcorneater::roflolk:

yes thats all Does anyone know how Allen was a Sr @ SH and turns into a Jr at Christ?Always throught all High Schools was the same across the US. Christ does play for a state title in NC. No wonder the out of town teams that come to the Arbys are better than the teams for TN they have players that should be freashmen in collage looks like they would invite High School teams only. :popcorneater::roflolk:

North Carolina Private schools have a policy where a kid can "reclassify." By transferring he can actually repeat his junior year athletically. Don't think you can do it earlier. Pretty sure the oldest Plumlee brother did that at Christ School. Some prep schools in Northeast/New England have similar rules. Does make for an unlevel playing field. Interestingly, Oak Hill has no such policy.

It does clear up a thing or two!!!