2011 Arby's Classic

MentorFan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2011/nov/21/1/boys-hoops-field-2011-arbys-classic-unveiled-ar-1473030/

Article revealing the field. There isn't a list of all the teams, but all are mentioned in the article. Here is the list of teams:

Tennesee High (TN)

Sullivan East (TN)

Dobyns-Bennet (TN)

Cherokee (TN)

Greeneville (TN)

Sevier County (TN)

Christ Presbyterian (TN)

Craigmont (TN)

Greater Atlanta (GA)

Christ School (NC)

Charlotte Christian (NC)

Irmo (SC)

Fort Myers (FL)

Hurley (VA)

Gate City (VA)

Mentor (OH)

Urspring (Germany)

Tabernacle Baptist (Bahamas)

http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2011/nov/21/1/boys-hoops-field-2011-arbys-classic-unveiled-ar-1473030/

Article revealing the field. There isn't a list of all the teams, but all are mentioned in the article. Here is the list of teams:

Tennesee High (TN)

Sullivan East (TN)

Dobyns-Bennet (TN)

Cherokee (TN)

Greeneville (TN)

Sevier County (TN)

Christ Presbyterian (TN)

Craigmont (TN)

Greater Atlanta (GA)

Christ School (NC)

Charlotte Christian (NC)

Irmo (SC)

Fort Myers (FL)

Hurley (VA)

Gate City (VA)

Mentor (OH)

Urspring (Germany)

Tabernacle Baptist (Bahamas)

Mentorfan just in case you didnt know Urspring,Christ School.Char,Christ are not High School teame some not all could not play on high school teams because of age or only of 4 years of High school Allen played at Science Hill last year playing for Christ School now would have been a Sr @ SH is a Jr @ Christ Edited by jeffs

Jeffs, don't understand your post. CPA is one of the top AA schools in the state. They play with same rules anyone. Also, any kid that transfers to a private school in NC can repeat a grade. I don't know that much about Urspring(Germany) or Tabernacle(Bahamas).

didnt mean to put them there throught i deleted them. That would be great to play your sr year in tn then go to nc when the season was over and play your 5th year of high school ball all over wow didnt know that :ph34r:

Mentorfan just in case you didnt know Urspring,Christ School.Char,Christ are not High School teame some not all could not play on high school teams because of age or only of 4 years of High school Allen played at Science Hill last year playing for Christ School now would have been a Sr @ SH is a Jr @ Christ

I figured that out about Christ School when looking at their "team preview" on unapproved website. Its no wonder they are one of the top "high school" teams in the country. If Mentor could bring back last year's seniors on this current team they would be pretty darn good as well. One of Christ School's "impact players" is Will Weeks. The funny thing from my perspective is Weeks was one of the top sophomores and juniors in Ohio (playing for a team that is currently is Mentor's league). The funny part (not really) is that I saw him play as a junior...in 2009. Now in 2011 (and 2012) he is still a senior. How convenient.

Weeks transferred out of Ohio after his junior season. Apparently he is on his second senior season, or maybe last year was his second junior season. Either way, its pretty shady for them to be doing such a thing and be included with other high school teams in national rankings and such.