Gville vs. Eagleville

owlball

Croz, I know I am from across the river but I cheer for Gville every game they are playing except smith county. My wife has two nephews that play for Eagleville and I have heard nothing but them talking smack for the past two weeks. Saying I hope we get the chance to play Gville. Well big eagles the time has arrived. Lets see if you can back up those words. I hope and honestly think Gville will handle them pretty easy. Maybe not mercy rule them but atleast by 2 to 3 scores. Good luck to the Tigers and hope to be cheering you guys on in semis in the jungle against South Pitt.

How does your wife have two nephews playing for Eagleville ? There are only 3 sets of brothers playing on the team and only one set of them are staters. If the parents are talking smack they need to cease and desist, because they are not speaking for the team.

This shows how much you pay attention.

No one, I repeat no one from Gville mentioned a mercy rule last week, but it happened last night as soon as the 3rd quarter started.

I know more than anyone that you can't compare scores, but they are a good indicator. You should know that.

Alot of people, including myself, are confident in what this Gville team can do. We're not discounting anyone. Unlike someone from NC and you who are trying to discount our Mr. Football Candidate, and he along with others definitely showed up last night. There's only been 3 posters on this thread from Gordonsville, the rest are Smith County, SP and others.

You can use examples from other games all you want, but they have nothing to do with this game. TC plays FC twice a year most years, and everyone knows about Pearl-Cohn and why they beat Smith County.

Look, Eagleville accomplished something by being 10-0, not denying that. But that means nothing right now. Eagleville and Gordonsville are both 1-0.

IMO, Gville should win by 2 td's, I'd take a win, none the less. However, if Gordonsville plays like they did last night, a mercy rule is possible. No disrespect there. <_<:roflolk::popcorneater:

Croz, I respect you alot on here but I will caution some of ya'll about comparing the Westmoreland vs eagleville score in week 1. Westmoreland played you all with a different QB than we started the season with and at that point in time we had suffered lots of close calls and a ton of adversity. Eagleville has a very good defense. Gville does look to have one of the best teams I have ever personally seen them have since I have been a spectator of HS football. That being said I'm saying this game comes down to 1 score victory and is too close to call. See how right I am.

I am not trying to being disrespectful to Eagleville or anyone else. I just think Gordonsville is that good. If Gordonsville and SP plays in two weeks, I think Gordonsville could easily put it on us as well. Goodluck to both teams.

Mr. Ambassador, I know better than that. If Gordonsville and South Pitt take care of business, then the semifinals will be a GREAT GAME! I would anticipate it coming down to the last possession.

This shows how much you pay attention.

No one, I repeat no one from Gville mentioned a mercy rule last week, but it happened last night as soon as the 3rd quarter started.

I know more than anyone that you can't compare scores, but they are a good indicator. You should know that.

Alot of people, including myself, are confident in what this Gville team can do. We're not discounting anyone. Unlike someone from NC and you who are trying to discount our Mr. Football Candidate, and he along with others definitely showed up last night. There's only been 3 posters on this thread from Gordonsville, the rest are Smith County, SP and others.

You can use examples from other games all you want, but they have nothing to do with this game. TC plays FC twice a year most years, and everyone knows about Pearl-Cohn and why they beat Smith County.

Look, Eagleville accomplished something by being 10-0, not denying that. But that means nothing right now. Eagleville and Gordonsville are both 1-0.

IMO, Gville should win by 2 td's, I'd take a win, none the less. However, if Gordonsville plays like they did last night, a mercy rule is possible. No disrespect there. <_<:roflolk::popcorneater:

Croz, I realize that some of those poster's are TC, SP, Smith, don't know where slimshady is from but he was flinging crap too. I apologize if none of them were from G'ville. As for your young man Coen (hope I spelled that right, no disrespect meant.) I haven't put him down at all, I actually gave him props. I know you're one of the more respected posters from G'ville and your boys played great last night against a 5-7 team. Wasn't it you that compared E'ville to NCS? We are not them without a doubt. The only reason I brought up those other games is to point out that the favorite doesn't always win. I know your boys are gonna bring it and bring it hard but E'ville is not gonna be easy for you in my opinion, they held a team last night to 7 points that had averaged over 40 points a game this year. G'ville may beat them and figuratively speaking they have a possibility of mercy ruling them if they turn the ball over a bunch but E'ville can win this game too. If nothing else FC beating TC last night is a perfect example of that, throwing all scores out the window. G'ville could come down here and turn it over 3 or 4 times, so could E'ville. I hear the great accomplishment on the 10-0, 11-0 whatever, what I don't hear is honest respect. You feel your boys are gonna waltz in here and put up a 3 or 4 td win and I don't. Either way we're gonna disagree. If you're headed down this way Friday night be safe. Not many places to eat in Eagleville, little Mexican restaurant is not bad, M'boro has everything. Should be a packed house for both teams. Maybe the E'ville boys will make a game of it. We'll see.

Edited by redkuda

I know Eagleville is undefeated but I don't think they have played the level of competition that Gordonsville is on. Gville goes to Eagleville and wins by atleast two scores! GO TIGERS!!

Eagleville finds a way to win every week. Nathan Jernigan will be on his "A" game and I like their chances.

How does your wife have two nephews playing for Eagleville ? There are only 3 sets of brothers playing on the team and only one set of them are staters. If the parents are talking smack they need to cease and desist, because they are not speaking for the team.

My wife's nephews are Nathan and Andrew Jernigan. I don't know but the smack that has been laid down may just be a family thing since my wife and I and most of the family graduated from Gville. Either way, I think Gville wins by atleast 2 scores.

A few decent teams? SC, FCS, and TC are all very good teams and are as good as any team in there classification as well. SC may have lost to PC, but PC is easily a top 10 team in the state of 3a which is a classification that has a lot of teams that are very even. TC and FCS are 2 of the top 5, possibly top 3, teams in 2a so I believe they are better than decent. Gville losing to SC by 1 point is a lot more impressive than Eagleville beating Westmoreland by a point. As it is already been pointed out the only common opponent both teams have played this year has been Westmoreland. Eagleville beat them by 1 point in overtime while Gordonsville was up 38-7 at the end of the 3rd quarter. As long as Gville doesn't get off the school bus with bus lag, I don't think they'll mercy rule, but I think it'll be a 2 or 3 TD game...

Point being on bringing up those games is that the favorite doesn't always win when it's two good teams playing. Westmoreland was our first game and we had a different QB and were trying to figure out a few things as we have had 4 different qb's in 4 years. Since making some adjustments our offense has gotten better every week. There's no doubt that beating G'ville is a tough accomplishment but with a turnover or two things could change in a hurry for either team. I think E'ville will give G'ville a good game and if G'ville wins I think it won't be by more than 10. I also think E'ville has a reasonable chance of winning if they don't make mistakes. I know they'll play hard.

Eagleville finds a way to win every week. Nathan Jernigan will be on his "A" game and I like their chances.

Nathan might be on his "A" game friday night but so will Tyler Coen and the rest of Gville's defense. I think the Tiger defense will be camped out alot in the Eagleville's backfield all night. Go Tigers!

Croz, I know I am from across the river but I cheer for Gville every game they are playing except smith county. My wife has two nephews that play for Eagleville and I have heard nothing but them talking smack for the past two weeks. Saying I hope we get the chance to play Gville. Well big eagles the time has arrived. Lets see if you can back up those words. I hope and honestly think Gville will handle them pretty easy. Maybe not mercy rule them but atleast by 2 to 3 scores. Good luck to the Tigers and hope to be cheering you guys on in semis in the jungle against South Pitt.

If they're talking smack then they're not getting it from their coaches, that's for sure, I'll have a word with coach Pip on that. (Now that I know its the Jernigan boys, I know Nathan's not talking smack, unless like you said it's the family ties thing in good humor). Maybe you should talk to them and not put it on the whole team? I don't think the mentality of the team is that they're world beaters, they've gotten accustomed to being counted out in almost every game this year and nothing can bring a team together and focused or more determined than that. I seriously doubt they're taking Gordonsville lightly, I know several boys on the team and their parents and they're not made that way. G'ville should get a tough, hard hitting game win or lose.

Edited by redkuda

Coen doesnt have to play all five spots because he is part of an O-Line that is very good. The other OT #77 Cody Payne (6'4"260, Jr.) is having a very good season and our two guards JT Swaim and Spencer Prichard (both Juniors like Payne and Coen)are very good and our center Colby Dedmon (only Senior) does his job very well. Both Gordonsville's O-Line and D-Line will be the best you have seen and will see all year. This is where Gordonsville beats people.

Meant no disrespect to your O-line. Just making a point with a poster who's an SP fan if I'm not mistaken.