CAK & Alcoa Part II

FootballDad

Quiet thread indeed and IMO here is why, CAK 31 Alcoa 21. Keep that trophy in ET!

I agree, as I posted earlier. The silence is deafening! As far as the score, I'm not about to throw one out there cause I know what these 2 teams are capable of. Both of these teams have improved after some early & mid-season bumps in the road including injuries to key players. A great deal of anticipation between the 2 fan bases, a great deal of respect between the 2 teams, good to great athletes on both sides, outstanding coaching staffs, both teams healthy and coming off very good performances, both are very familiar with each other from playing in the same district, an opportunity on the line to continue an unbelievable streak of championships for one team and an opportunity on the line to break through that glass ceiling for some much deserved recognition and a chance to continue on the quest for a first time ever state championship for the other team. If this were a Monday Night NFL football game they would have a truck load of story lines to promo the game. No promos needed this time. Everybody knows whats on the line. One thing I am confident of, both teams will leave it all on the field in this one. The champion defending the title and the challenger swinging with everything he's got. If you love high school football and your team is not playing anymore, come on over to Warrior Stadium to see this one, I don't think you will be disappointed. :thumb:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if I thought that the Tornadoes would lose this game, I would never post it out of respect to the guys who will play the game Friday night. I hope if the Tornadoes pull this one off, that you will at least have the guts to change your screen name....... You don't speak for any true Alcoa fans!!!!!

I'm not a true fan because I think we might lose? Come on man what are you 2. Like I said in my other post I hope I'm wrong.

I'd like to say this regarding tomorrow night's game as well:

Gary Rankin (331-64 all-time record as a head football coach) could move into a tie for 3rd place with John Tucker (332-132-10 overall record) on the all-time wins list. That would be very fitting considering that Coach Tucker is the man who Rankin's son, Alcoa's starting center, is named after.

Consider this:

a.) a tie for number 3 on the all-time list

b.) round 3 of the state playoffs

c.) the coach you are tying obviously has made an impact during your life

d.) 3 games remaining in the 2011 football year

e.) 3 games remaining at AHS for J.T. Rankin

Who do ya'll think has the psychological edge in this game?

CAK has more offensive firepower and the confidence of a previous win and the homefield advantage.

Alcoa is healthier, more confidence. Will not be surprised by the run game of the Warriors. QB has more experience.

CAK played inspired in the first game and Alcoa was a bit shell-shocked. Field condition has changed. It will be harder for CAK to duplicate that inspiration.

This game should showcase which one is the best coached team. Alcoa must make some serious adjustments since the first meeting. CAK cannot play cautiously. Alcoa has something to prove. This should be a great game. The team that gets up fast should win this game, especially if it is CAK. This should be another classic battle!

I believe Alcoa has the psychological edge in this one. Although, all that matters is who's ahead when the clock runs out. Praying for a safe injury free game and wishing for an Alcoa win!

Who do ya'll think has the psychological edge in this game?

CAK has more offensive firepower and the confidence of a previous win and the homefield advantage.

Alcoa is healthier, more confidence. Will not be surprised by the run game of the Warriors. QB has more experience.

CAK played inspired in the first game and Alcoa was a bit shell-shocked. Field condition has changed. It will be harder for CAK to duplicate that inspiration.

This game should showcase which one is the best coached team. Alcoa must make some serious adjustments since the first meeting. CAK cannot play cautiously. Alcoa has something to prove. This should be a great game. The team that gets up fast should win this game, especially if it is CAK. This should be another classic battle!

I believe Alcoa has the psychological edge in this one. Although, all that matters is who's ahead when the clock runs out. Praying for a safe injury free game and wishing for an Alcoa win!

Psychological edge is a fickle component to consider when dealing with 14-18 year old young men. Us old guys can contemplate that, but many of these young guys aren't mature enough yet for psychology to factor in too much. It probably has more impact on the coaches and how they prepare than it actually does on the players. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but just my humble opinion. But playing along with that notion, I would say neither has a psychological edge, and that is a plus for CAK. My reasoning is that from pre & post game talk reported from various players from several different Alcoa opponents over the years it appeared as if they were beat before they ever took the field against the Tornadoes because they didn't think they could win. They hoped they could win but didn't actually believe they could. But CAK's players know & believe they are capable of beating Alcoa now that they have finally accomplished that feat. Not saying they know they are going to win this game, but they are more confident than in the past. Alcoa should know what they are capable of and that they didn't just win 7 consecutive titles by intimidating people. They won because they are good and well coached. None of that has changed. So I would call it a wash. Alcoa probably feels a bit more threatened by CAK this time around and will try to channel more energy towards preventing what happened last time. CAK is not intimidated and more determined than ever to prove they are on the same level as Alcoa. Makes for a great matchup. But what happened last time is over and done with. This is a whole new ball game between 2 worthy opponents that are both capable of knocking each other out.

Psychological edge is a fickle component to consider when dealing with 14-18 year old...Alcoa probably feels a bit more threatened by CAK this time around and will try to channel more energy towards preventing what happened last time. CAK is not intimidated and more determined than ever to prove they are on the same level as Alcoa. Makes for a great matchup. But what happened last time is over and done with. This is a whole new ball game between 2 worthy opponents that are both capable of knocking each other out.

Thanks for the insights. Alcoa's not talking much these days. Waiting until gametime, I guess? You know, my little brother grew big enough to throw me across the room when he was 16 but I still held that psychological edge on him. Intimidation and past defeat is a powerful influence. I believe you are right about CAK, that's why I think if the Warrior's get up quick, it could have one of those, "Uh, Oh! Here we go again" affects on Alcoa. Away from the mind game, is everybody healthy for this game?

By the way? Isn't your Alma Mater still in the hunt?