CAK & Alcoa Part II

FootballDad

Well, here it is. The game most people predicted. The same rematch game we have been having the past several years. What if anything has changed for either team since the last meeting 3 weeks ago? Alcoa is coming off a blowout victory over Bledsoe and CAK is coming off a convincing victory over Polk Co. What should we expect in Round 2 in this round 3 playoff game?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here it is. The game most people predicted. The same rematch game we have been having the past several years. What if anything has changed for either team since the last meeting 3 weeks ago? Alcoa is coming off a blowout victory over Bledsoe and CAK is coming off a convincing victory over Polk Co. What should we expect in Round 2 in this round 3 playoff game?

This might be the most interesting game of the week. It will be tough for CAK to beat Alcoa twice even though they are capable of it , but I just dont see anybody beating Alcoa twice in the same season . My pick : Alcoa

I can certainly understand why people would say it will be hard for CAK to beat Alcoa twice. I share the same sentiments. It's hard enough to beat them once. And I think both teams will make adjustments in their approach to this rematch game. But I think this year is a year where the talent disparity between the two teams is minimal at best. The past few years CAK has been staring up a very tall mountain when facing Alcoa and gave it their best shots, but just couldn't get over the hump. However; this year I honestly believe the Warriors are looking the Tornadoes eye to eye. In years past the Warriors hoped they could win, but after the first game with Alcoa 3 weeks ago CAK now believes they are capable of beating Alcoa a second time. Additionally, I think Alcoa may have some doubts themselves. I'm certainly not making any victory predictions for the Warriors, I'm just saying the mood on this side of the river is a bit different than what it has been previously. Alcoa is a big hurdle to overcome for anyone, but if anyone is going to do it I believe it will be CAK. Alcoa's speed always concerns me and they are so well coached. I'm happy that it appears CAK will be close to full strength when the Tornadoes come to town cuz we will need every weapon we've got.

im going to definately come to this game,and right before the kickoff im going to flip a coin,whoever is tails is going to win this game,thats how unpredictible its going to be,should be a good one.

Bring lots of your Kingston friends, this should be a great game to watch. I wish we could rent your band for the night and blend our band in with them (our band is very small). They sure know how to create a great high school football atmosphere. :thumb:

While I agree it will be hard to beat Alcoa twice in one season, that is not what I think the game will turn on. I think you will see a vastly different game from the one a few weeks ago. The key to this game, in my opinion, will be simple, can Alcoa run the ball effectively and keep the ball away from the high powered, quick strike offense of CAK. The last time they played, CAK was able to run the ball and keep it away from Alcoa. Thus Alcoa was not able to grind out 1st down after 1st down on the ground while the CAK offense watched from the sidelines. This was very Alcoa like and all the sports commentators in the area that do high school football were stunned by CAK running the ball so well. Based on listening to the radio, CAK was not very good at running the ball until that game and has been very good since.

So in my opinion, if Alcoa can effectively run the ball, they win, if they cannot, CAK wins.

Oh, as far as I know, Alcoa is healthy entering this game.

AlcoaDad

:motorbike: