Who win's the BRAC this year

WTSL5581

You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. First of all, South Greene returns two starters from last years team and those two starters were their two lowest scorers. Greeneville returns two starters (not four) and is the most solid team in the conference. Grainger is decent this year but don't look for them to get a single win against any of the top three teams. They're just not very good. West greene lost 9 seniors last year: they'll probably finish last. Cumberland Gap will be a good team, and look for Chuckey doak to surprise teams in a few games. Player of the year? Logan Collins? Are you serious? Maybe things will change, but I watched him play against Chuckey Doak, and he only had like 2 points and maybe 6 or 7 turnovers. Here's a WAY more accurate prediction.

1. Greeneville: They go six or seven deep at guard and don't miss a beat when the subs are in (Jo Tillery, Trevor Ford, Landon Duncan, Cory Waddell, Zach Cobble, Hays Culbreth, Trevor Wright) . Brennan Hollowell (all-district), Jacob Cobble (6'4" and a beast on the boards), Aaron Braag (German exchange student with great mid range jumper and a beast on the boards), Terell Rollins (just a plain beast), Nolan Collins, and Koryei Jefferson make for solid posts. No post play? Seriously? Their pressure defense will give many teams problems. They lost first three games to Austin East, CAK, and DB. Three powerhouses. Then they beat Bearden ( a team who has lost just 8 games in 3 years).

2.South Greene: Return two starters. Can shoot outside pretty well, but not much post play. Baker, Davis, and Tweed at guard. Tweed can shoot, but doesnt do much else. The other two are slashers and not great shooters. Donahue and Wykle can get rebounds, but they arent usually big scoring threats.

3. Cumberland Gap: Two words- Ben Arnold

4: Grainger: Return almost every one from a decent team last year. Hunter Spaw is a pretty good player.

5.Chuckey Doak: Good guard play and look for Montgomery to be a presence on the block.

6. Claiborne: Lost some key players from a below average team of last year.

7. West Greene: Lost i think 9 seniors last year. Never good for a team.

Player of the year: Ben Arnold (Cumberland Gap)

Dark Horse: Chuckey Doak- may not end up finishing high, but they are a very physical team. They could possible surprise many teams and could pick up 7 or 8 wins in conference.

GO BLACK KNIGHTS!! (even on a down year)

Wow I wasn't aware that Greeneville had that much talent this year after losing probably a third of their offense from last year's team. Sounds like they should go deep into state. Impressive.........

Edited by RespectTheGame

but the court is the same size...just the gym is bigger.

No. Actually, the court is larger. It is wider and possibly a couple feet longer. It is a newer facility and that is why it is larger. Look at time, gyms continue to grow. IDC what you say, I have played on all of them and CD's is bigger. Was this really worth contesting? Really? lol

No. Actually, the court is larger. It is wider and possibly a couple feet longer. It is a newer facility and that is why it is larger. Look at time, gyms continue to grow. IDC what you say, I have played on all of them and CD's is bigger. Was this really worth contesting? Really? lol

Really? Because all high school basketball courts are supposed to be 84 feet by 50 feet. It may seem like the court is bigger because there is much more room on the sidelines than at NG, SG, or WG. But I am quite certain their actual playing court is the same size as the other schools and also Hal Henard.

Really? Because all high school basketball courts are supposed to be 84 feet by 50 feet. It may seem like the court is bigger because there is much more room on the sidelines than at NG, SG, or WG. But I am quite certain their actual playing court is the same size as the other schools and also Hal Henard.

University High plays their home games at Brooks Gym (ETSU), and that basketball court is larger than any other high school court that I've seen. So I don't think there's a standard size application to high school playing courts applied here in TN, but I could be wrong. I thought CDHS' old gym (now the middle school) was a bigger court than the other local schools as well. It sure seemed that way when I was running on it anyway!

I

Well let me start by saying nice screen name "Richard". Secondly if you could please go to post one and look at the date of the post of my prediction and actually read my predictions you would see that the season hasn't started yet I stated 3 times that i did not know what CG,Grainger,CHS had in store for us. thank you for telling me that one kid from Gap is a stud. I had no idea. for one I am not a fan of panther basketball. But thank you again. My prediction is MY prediction not yours or anyone else. To you it might sound stupid. TO ME it sounds right. CD will be either 5 or 6 but they won't be any higher than that. They will surprise people I will give you that. I predicted Logan as the player of the year cause he carried that CD team last year. But I was thinking about LAST year. He is on a team now that is WELL coached and they play TEAM ball he doesn't have to do it all on this team. He had to do most of the work for CD last year they had no one else to go too. Garrett Johnson maybe but other than that NO ONE. I agree the kid from Gap will prob win it. Haven't seen him play but from what I hear he is a stud. But thank you for your picks Jesus. I know that you will be perfect on those selections JESUS.. haha

And idk about the gym size deal. I'll say this WG,SG,NG are older gyms and maybe back in 1970 the TSSA rules for floors was different maybe? they are smaller anyone can tell. CD,CG,GHS,CHS the new schools have bigger gyms and bigger floors maybe not by much. I played on all these floors and I know it's harder to run a 3 2 zone at CDHS the floor is wider. it's easier to attack it. but maybe i'm wrong and it just seemed wider too me.

• Upvote 1

I understand that there are regulations for the sizes. But those change as time goes on. When that regulation was updated, do you think they went to all of the older gyms and re-did them? Heck no, it's Greene County we're talking about lol. Some of the gyms are smaller than others. Not significantly smaller, but they are still smaller. I promise you that.

I understand that there are regulations for the sizes. But those change as time goes on. When that regulation was updated, do you think they went to all of the older gyms and re-did them? Heck no, it's Greene County we're talking about lol. Some of the gyms are smaller than others. Not significantly smaller, but they are still smaller. I promise you that.

Fair enough. I have played on each of these courts we have discussed too and dont remember a difference but then again that has been years ago so while I still dont agree with you I will let it go...I kinda want to go measure those courts now though ha ha

I

Man I seen what you posted and it's people like you give CD a bad name. How ignorant can you be? I like how edited your post and deleted what you said. I seen what you said cause lou replied. smh...Grow up and be the grown up like you are.. but your prob a high school kid so we will throw out the adult concept..

Edited by CDHSKNIGHTS34

University High plays their home games at Brooks Gym (ETSU), and that basketball court is larger than any other high school court that I've seen. So I don't think there's a standard size application to high school playing courts applied here in TN, but I could be wrong. I thought CDHS' old gym (now the middle school) was a bigger court than the other local schools as well. It sure seemed that way when I was running on it anyway!

Yes UH plays on a regulation college court which is 10 feet longer than the high school court. Regulation HS courts are 84 x 50. It's been that way for years.Unless the county school gyms have been around since the invention of basketball, when the court size was 50 x 37 and played with a peach basket, they were built to the 84 x 50 standard. The college court used to be the same size. There is a regulation standard for jr high courts at 74x42 but it's unlikely any of the gyms that high schools play on would have been built to that standard as it is relatively new. And I agree, they always seem bigger when you're running on them.

Yes UH plays on a regulation college court which is 10 feet longer than the high school court. Regulation HS courts are 84 x 50. It's been that way for years.Unless the county school gyms have been around since the invention of basketball, when the court size was 50 x 37 and played with a peach basket, they were built to the 84 x 50 standard. The college court used to be the same size. There is a regulation standard for jr high courts at 74x42 but it's unlikely any of the gyms that high schools play on would have been built to that standard as it is relatively new. And I agree, they always seem bigger when you're running on them.

Pretty sure that C-D, Grainger, Claiborne, C-G, and Greeneville all play on 94' floors. S-G and WG play on 84'.