Brentwood @ Mt Juliet

SCBisondad

Original post predicted MJ 35 BHS 28. But if BHS scores 4 TD's I think they'll win. 4 TD drives will take enough time off the clock to keep MJ's offense off the field. MJ hasn't yet faced a D like Brentwood. Of course, Brentwood will have to protect the FB better than it has the past 3 weeks - an amazing 14 fumbles with 9 lost (after losing only 5 fumbles the previous 9 weeks). QB has struggled with turnovers. Although, not 16 fumbles lost as a previous writer said. He's lost 9 of 14 fumbles & has indeed thrown 9 interceptions. 38 completions on the year with 7 TD passes. But this is a triple option team, so don't worry about the passing too much. BHS will need just enough passing to keep the safeties from cheating up too close. And if MJ sees the film from last week's game where QB was 8 for 12 & 143 yards then they'll be spending a lot of time this week preparing for the pass, too.

Here's my bold prediction... strong D combined with an average but clock-chewing offense beats a strong offense and a mediocre defense. BHS 17 MJ 14.

I think BHS is peaking at the right time.

I will agree with you that if MJ only scores 14 BHS will win. Problem is I don't ever see that happening. We have heard from all the 7AAA district fans that MJ hasn't faced a defense like Oakland and Siegel. Well we scored over 30 ppg on them. You haven't seen an offense like ours. You might get a few stops by stacking the box but we will just throw TDs until you respect our pass and then we will run on you. Hard to stop a HS team that can throw and run. Our wing-t is not your typical wing-t offense. I would like to hear from some Gallatin fans which have faced both teams this year. Where you at GWAVE?

I will agree with you that if MJ only scores 14 BHS will win. Problem is I don't ever see that happening. We have heard from all the 7AAA district fans that MJ hasn't faced a defense like Oakland and Siegel. Well we scored over 30 ppg on them. You haven't seen an offense like ours. You might get a few stops by stacking the box but we will just throw TDs until you respect our pass and then we will run on you. Hard to stop a HS team that can throw and run. Our wing-t is not your typical wing-t offense. I would like to hear from some Gallatin fans which have faced both teams this year. Where you at GWAVE?

MJ-28 BHS-20 in a Thriller!!!

Ok a few thoughts

1. It's not a good idea to compare MJ to the Brentwood from summer scrimmages. This is a very young team that grew up over the course of the year and is now very capable of beating anyone. They definitely werent then.

2. When MJ's O takes on Brentwood's D it will be the best competition faced by either unit. Very interested to see how Crawford goes about stopping the Wing-T with a very small, but explosive front 7.

3. Austin Winfree has been playing much better of late... when he holds onto the ball. He reads the option well, he runs it physically, and hes made alot more throws the last couple weeks. The fumble problem needs to get fixed though cuz its the only thing holding back this offense from really lighting up the scoreboard, which seemed impossible at the start of the year (testament to awesome coaching getting these guys to get better every week).

4. Special Teams has been huge for the Bruins of late, another blocked punt or big KO return could be a difference maker. Has MJ been solid in the kicking game?

Ok a few thoughts

1. It's not a good idea to compare MJ to the Brentwood from summer scrimmages. This is a very young team that grew up over the course of the year and is now very capable of beating anyone. They definitely werent then.

2. When MJ's O takes on Brentwood's D it will be the best competition faced by either unit. Very interested to see how Crawford goes about stopping the Wing-T with a very small, but explosive front 7.

3. Austin Winfree has been playing much better of late... when he holds onto the ball. He reads the option well, he runs it physically, and hes made alot more throws the last couple weeks. The fumble problem needs to get fixed though cuz its the only thing holding back this offense from really lighting up the scoreboard, which seemed impossible at the start of the year (testament to awesome coaching getting these guys to get better every week).

4. Special Teams has been huge for the Bruins of late, another blocked punt or big KO return could be a difference maker. Has MJ been solid in the kicking game?

He hasn't had very many chances because we usually score TD's. When given the chance he is solid. This years special teams (overall) has been one of our better ones in several years.

I still don't understand how MJ fans think they can still win by so much...

against both teams the last 2 weeks they predicted huge wins, yet both were close

then Brentwood has already upsetted 2 teams as well

not sayin brentwood is better but it's probably not a good idea to say MJ is gonna win by over 2 scores

He hasn't had very many chances because we usually score TD's. When given the chance he is solid. This years special teams (overall) has been one of our better ones in several years.

Sorry Oakland or Stars are not close to having the defense as BHS

BHS has gotten stronger as the season has passed in part to the coaching magic of Crawford.

It is just plain silly to look back at teams BHS and MJ have played this year , it's the playoffs

BHS can't get into a shoot out with MJ , all I am saying is don't get to overconfident this BHS 3rd place team just may surprise you

Sorry Oakland or Stars are not close to having the defense as BHS

BHS has gotten stronger as the season has passed in part to the coaching magic of Crawford.

It is just plain silly to look back at teams BHS and MJ have played this year , it's the playoffs

BHS can't get into a shoot out with MJ , all I am saying is don't get to overconfident this BHS 3rd place team just may surprise you

Coach Perry has been in this spot on several occasions and I do not think he will let that happen. I guess we are in a slump since the playoffs started since we are ONLY averaging 33ppg. Down from our 45 ppg in our little weak 9AAA District. Yall have been improving and we're going backwards. Why are we even favored in this one. Maybe we will get lucky and pull this one off. That way we will be the worst 13-0 team out there. We have heard nothing but negativity since the playoffs started yet we keep winning. We are a confident team not an overconfident one. Who is the Brentwood D concentrating on? Our QB and his arm? Our fullback that takes several defenders to bring down? Garza that has the speed, power, and great hands to catch out of the backfield? Or our other 2 backs that have great speed and usually break a few long ones for TDs? Crawford is going to have to pull off some magic to stop all these weapons.

Only thing Memphis brings to the table is good hoops and leading the state in teen pregnancies. Germantown and White Station have gold balls, and who else in the last um, 20 years among the big boys? Same old story every year.

**See BOLDED Statement... Gosh, That was just mean :roflolk:

Hopefully we get a chance to re-write "history" of the oh so dominate Middle and East Tenn. in Football :popcorneater: