The Trousdale County Yellow Jackets 2012

mancoverage

Where, exactly did you see an excuse in that post? I merely answered Crozs' question.

3 words. I'm not going to make excuses for anybody. The play speaks for itself.

Coaching is not the problem here. Creasy is one of the best coaches in the state.

You can coach til hades freezes over, and if they don't execute, or give 100%, this is the result.

I'm also not going to call out individual players, they know who they are. As for Clint, remember '06 & '07 before he left the field? Not so great.

Maybe you should fill out an application with the school board next year & give it a try.

The "Girl" played quite well, actually, as she did last year. Held her own with the rest of the line.

Despite the predictions & wishful thinking by some, the Jackets will return, but it'll be a

while unless attitudes change. Heck, it was 50 yrs between 1922 & 1972 with everybodys'

coach, Jim B. There have been several gaps down the stretch, but they always show

back up eventually.

Stay tuned.

Woowee roflolk.gif Watch your blood pressure there Grunt...you might blow a gasket. I'm not saying you were making excuses...i was just saying we(TC) ain't got no excuses...we are not playing good football right now. The well oiled machine is dry and squeaky. Hope we don't break a cog by the end of the year. thumb[1].gif

Just like someone else said...they stopped us on our first drive then drove it to the goal line on us.I think i was about to blow a gasket.

Edited by slimshady

Slim, I've counted at least two distinct personalities from your posts today alone, that inner struggle you guys are having in your noggin is actually comedic gold. In any event, I hope you guys have a great Saturday, if you all can agree on anything. Face it men, the glory days are gone in Hartsville, now your (notice the proper use of the whole your/you're thing here) football will match the local atmosphere.

One of them is Eminem...the other is Slimshady. popcorneater.gif

Slim, I've counted at least two distinct personalities from your posts today alone, that inner struggle you guys are having in your noggin is actually comedic gold. In any event, I hope you guys have a great Saturday, if you all can agree on anything. Face it men, the glory days are gone in Hartsville, now your (notice the proper use of the whole your/you're thing here) football will match the local atmosphere.

Are you saying the TC football program resembles a broken down old tobacco wharehouse pile of wood, with an old whino named slim with a bottle of evan williams talking of the tobacco industry's hayday and the night TC beat that team from Alabama. I remember those days to. I've took several loads of tobacco to the Celsor's old tobacco floor and listened to the tales of lore. I'm afraid it could be another generation or so before Hartsville see's those days again. Old man Satterfield used to make his kids tougher by cutting his tobacco during the summer for training. This could be the problem all the way around. Like Westmoreland is now, it could be an entire different breed of kids over there than it used to be. Not near as tough and redneckish. That makes for a softer team in my opinion. Edited by Mr. Postman1

Where, exactly did you see an excuse in that post? I merely answered Crozs' question.

3 words. I'm not going to make excuses for anybody. The play speaks for itself.

Coaching is not the problem here. Creasy is one of the best coaches in the state.

You can coach til hades freezes over, and if they don't execute, or give 100%, this is the result.

I'm also not going to call out individual players, they know who they are. As for Clint, remember '06 & '07 before he left the field? Not so great.

Maybe you should fill out an application with the school board next year & give it a try.

The "Girl" played quite well, actually, as she did last year. Held her own with the rest of the line.

Despite the predictions & wishful thinking by some, the Jackets will return, but it'll be a

while unless attitudes change. Heck, it was 50 yrs between 1922 & 1972 with everybodys'

coach, Jim B. There have been several gaps down the stretch, but they always show

back up eventually.

Stay tuned.

Grunt, I like your quote, but I just want to make a comment on the 50 years between 1922 and 1972 that you referenced. It was 40 years from 1922 until Jim Satterfield took over as head coach. In my opinion, that's when TC's winning tradition began. In 62, Jim Satterfield's first team was 9-2. His second year he was 11-0. His third year he was 9-0-2 (we still had ties back then). His fourth year he was 10-0 regular season and wound up 10-1 after losing to Glencliff in the Tobacco Bowl. We didn't have classifications back then; therefore, we couldn't win state championships. If we had been classified 1A (we had about 250 in high school back then), I think we might have more gold balls now. From 62 to at least 65, Jim Sattefield's teams played and beat larger teams such as Gallatin, Portland, McMinnville City, Carthage, Lafayette, Nashville Overton, Nashville Cumberland. From 63 to 65, TC went 32 games without a loss.

As a Jim Satterfield-coached Jacket and an alumnus of TC, it hurts me to see what is happening this year. I think our success since 62 has caused lots of resentment by teams (and their fans) that we have played and consistently beat over the last 50 years, and no doubt they are enjoying this season. I just hope this is a temporary bump in the road, and we get back on track before next year.

Grunt, I like your quote, but I just want to make a comment on the 50 years between 1922 and 1972 that you referenced. It was 40 years from 1922 until Jim Satterfield took over as head coach. In my opinion, that's when TC's winning tradition began. In 62, Jim Satterfield's first team was 9-2. His second year he was 11-0. His third year he was 9-0-2 (we still had ties back then). His fourth year he was 10-0 regular season and wound up 10-1 after losing to Glencliff in the Tobacco Bowl. We didn't have classifications back then; therefore, we couldn't win state championships. If we had been classified 1A (we had about 250 in high school back then), I think we might have more gold balls now. From 62 to at least 65, Jim Sattefield's teams played and beat larger teams such as Gallatin, Portland, McMinnville City, Carthage, Lafayette, Nashville Overton, Nashville Cumberland. From 63 to 65, TC went 32 games without a loss.

As a Jim Satterfield-coached Jacket and an alumnus of TC, it hurts me to see what is happening this year. I think our success since 62 has caused lots of resentment by teams (and their fans) that we have played and consistently beat over the last 50 years, and no doubt they are enjoying this season. I just hope this is a temporary bump in the road, and we get back on track before next year.

Us folks from maryann county feel your pain. We went over 15 years I think without getting to the second round of the playoffs. A once storied program dove right into mediocrity.........

oldfootballplayer, I agree with you. My point, at least, intended, was that as good as the Sats' were, they had their share of down times as well. And, yes, there are a host of folks out

there & on here, that are enjoying the heck out of this down time, while they can. If they can't beat TC, they love seeing someone else do what they can't.

Take care my friend..

We are having a bad season...i doubt it lasts 15 years. I hope we get to play ya'll in the playoffs. thumb[1].gif

I just wish Westmoreland had 7 less kids so we could move down and play Trousdale, Gordonsville, Red Boiling Springs, Clay County, Jackson County, Freindship Christian and the gang year in and year out. I like our chances myself. Yeah, your right Slim. Hartsville will be back. Gordonsville graduates about 20 players this year. Friendship will be the best team by far next season because they recruit. They should do well every year because of that. So Hartsville should be at least undefeated or lose 1 in the district next year. Pending who they pick up to replace with Greenwood that should be there only loss even with subpar players.

Why can't we replace Greenwood with Westmoreland? I think I know the answer.

It may happen. We are replacing Glenncliff with somebody because we didnt like the knife fight after the game last season by the Glenncliff fans. Week 1 is the vacancy. Is that the Greenwood game for Trousdale County? If so I will do my best to make it happen. I'll talk to coach Harris. I would love to see it happen. Great crowd, plus, Trousdale would have a chance to catch back up on the series. We are about 3 or 4 games ahead on wins when it comes to head to head record. Ontop of that, I think they will be very weak the next couple of years compared to years past. Edited by Mr. Postman1