11AA 20011-12 Thread

ksgovols

I agree captain. Even with a more improved 11AA, our guys are still chasing 12AA. Quick, name the last 11AA team that went to state.

I haven't seen everybody play, but Harpeth got beat by a very average Lipscomb team last night. Lipscomb was just more fundamentally sound I thought. Maybe Mr. Hyde will come back

Tuesday are

Sycamore.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think an 11AA school has ever been to state. I would guess a Todd Mulholland Waverly team though back in the day is the only 11AA affiliated team to ever go to state.

I was waiting for the answer my friend, I thought you would have that knowledge ready for me. Must admit I need to refresh my memory on that subject- You are probably right, would have to be Mulholland's team if any 11AA team has made it to the "Boro". How do you see the district finishing? I know there is a lot of basketball left to be played but give me a prediction. I have not seen Waverly this year yet so I am a little curious about them. Seen almost everyone else in 11AA though.

Weaker? Are you serious? Giles Co. and Spring Hill are loaded this year! Both teams return a great amount of experience. I believe that 11AA will be ok but 12AA is still heavy on the talent. Marshall Co. is young but has a bunch of athletes- whoever is the # 4 still will be a mystery. But they are still very, very good.

Hahaha...don't get me wrong! I'm not saying that they are not good teams or are not loaded, I'm just saying they are not as loaded as in years past. I meant no disrespect in any way...it will take a monumental effort for a team from 11aa to beat one of the top teams in 12aa for sure. I'm just saying that there's a chance this year, where in previous years there was no chance at all.

As far as a team going to state, I can't remember one at all from this district in recent memory. When it was 10aa and Sycamore was still in the district, they went to sub-state a few years in a row, but never made it to state. Cheatham did it when they were AAA back in the 80's. Harpeth made the sub-state a couple of years ago and were actually a few free throws from making it. Other than that, I don't really know.

I have watched this district for many years. Before the existance of Sycamore High School I remember Cheatham County competing in both the Metro/Nashville district with those schools, as well as in the Clarksville/Montgomery County area district with those schools. When Sycamore opened and the 3 Cheatham County schools were finally placed in the same district (2001-2002 school year) is when I really began to enjoy this district's outstanding basketball. Here is a look at several of the district's great teams through the years since that time:

2001-2002: Sycamore went to sub-state (lost to Bolivar)

2002-2003: Sycamore went to sub-state (lost to JSS)

2003-2004: Sycamore went to sub-state (lost to Bolivar)

2004-2005: Waverly went to sub-state (lost to Bolivar)

In 2005-2006 & 2006-2007 & 2007-2008 & 2008-2009 Sycamore went to the Region Semifinals and got beaten by Bolivar & Liberty Tech & Creek Wood & Harpeth in 4 consecutive years.

In 2006-2007 & 2007-2008 Harpeth went to the Region Semifinals and got beaten by Bolivar in consecutive years

2007-2008: Creek Wood went to sub-state (lost to CPA)

2008-2009: Harpeth went to sub-state (lost to David Lipscomb)

In 2009-2010 Creek Wood went to the Region Semifinals and got beaten there by Marshall County

AS A DISTRICT 9-AA MEMBER

2010-2011: Sycamore went to sub-state (lost to Giles County)

On Saturday night of this past weekend there were 2 games involving teams from the district:

Harpeth lost to David Lipscomb 41-45

Montgomery Central lost to Clarksville Academy 41-51

Here is a look at District 11-AA as of today:

1.) Camden: 8-0 (2-0)

2.) Cheatham County: 7-3 (1-0)

3.) Waverly: 5-3 (1-0)

4.) Harpeth: 5-5 (1-1)

5.) Creek Wood: 5-4 (1-1)

6.) Stewart County: 3-6 (0-2)

7.) Montgomery Central: 2-8 (0-2)

I was waiting for the answer my friend, I thought you would have that knowledge ready for me. Must admit I need to refresh my memory on that subject- You are probably right, would have to be Mulholland's team if any 11AA team has made it to the "Boro". How do you see the district finishing? I know there is a lot of basketball left to be played but give me a prediction. I have not seen Waverly this year yet so I am a little curious about them. Seen almost everyone else in 11AA though.

And that was well before Sycamore and Creek Wood and probably Harpeth too. 11AA is a relatively young district considering. Found it. Waverly went to second round of state in 1998. That would have been after the Milholland boys.

I wouldn't venture much of a guess with the district. Harpeth has some ability, but they lack consistency night in and night out. Creek Wood is a little younger than usual, but they have some good players. No telling what Montgomery Central will bring to the table. They underachieve more than they ought to it seems to me. Waverly should be in the thick of it with Harpeth and Camden. Cheatham looks like they could make an upward move. Stewart County is tough at their place. It will be a competitive district but I wouldn't look for much post season success. It's going to come down to Spring Hill and CPA most likely.

Edited by ksgovols

Sorry I stepped away from CoachT for the weekend but I am now back and as of this morning the district looks as follows:

2.) Waverly: 5-2 (1-0)

3.) Cheatham County: 5-3 (1-0)

4.) Creek Wood: 5-3 (1-1)

5.) Harpeth: 4-4 (1-1)

6.) Stewart County: 3-5 (0-2)

7.) Montgomery Central: 2-6 (0-2)

In tonight's action:

Cheatham County hosts Greenbrier

Harpeth hosts Sycamore

Stewart County travels to McEwen

On Friday night the slate looks as follows:

White House at Cheatham County

Creek Wood at Perry County

Sycamore at Montgomery Central

Dickson County at Waverly

On Saturday night:

David Lipscomb at Harpeth

Montgomery Central at Clarksville Academy

I have no schedule for Camden over the holidays so if someone would keep me posted on their sate of games that would be great!

Camden Next games

Camden vs Houston County @ Huntingdon on Dec 29th

Camden vs South Gibson @ Huntingdon on Dec 30th

Camden Next games

Camden vs Houston County @ Huntingdon on Dec 29th

Camden vs South Gibson @ Huntingdon on Dec 30th

Thank You! Now all I need is an update on Stewart County during this Holiday Season.

District 11-AA Results on Monday

Kenwood beat Cheatham County 75-43

Columbia beat Creek Wood 64-43

Waverly beat Hickman County 77-45

Tonight's Schedule

Harpeth at Sycamore

Perry County at Waverly

Northwest at Cheatham County (at Kenwood)

Creek Wood at USN (at Columbia)

Montgomery Central takes on Friendship Christian on Wednesday at East Literature

Cheatham County takes on Page on Wednesday at Kenwood

District 11-AA Standings

2.) Cheatham County: 7-4 (1-0)

2.) Waverly: 6-3 (1-0)

4.) Harpeth: 5-5 (1-1)

4.) Creek Wood: 5-5 (1-1)

6.) Stewart County: 3-6 (0-2)

6.) Montgomery Central: 2-8 (0-2)