Covington @ Maplewood

CHARGERFAN

I'm curious as to the quality of Covington's defense. No mention has ever been made of them in this thread, just their offense (particularly the backfield). Conversely, Maplewood's defense has been seen as better than average by some. While its offense has been observed as one-dimensional, but passable. In the last two games their primary offensive weapon (Vanlier) has either been neutralized (Liberty) or knocked out of the game (White House in the first quarter). And yet they still found a way to score. I'm guessing the key to game is Covington's defense and not their backfield.

Sorry to bust your bubble but covington is a well rounded team best players are in the backfield but don't worry they are ,ouch better than liberty. Your just lucky Lexington got upset overlooking and scrub page team. If not you wouldn't be here trust me. But on the other hand Covington is really explosive off the line and block very well. My Milan boys will take care of CPA so all you need to do is worry about bashing more west tn teams. Go start the forum it can be most overrated teams in tn high school football.

Felt all year, football was down as a whole in W. Tn.. Tonight the end of the line. If one team makes it to the finals it will be the weakest team I have ever seen into the finals. Competition has really been weak. Entire district has been untypically weak. Have yet to see a Championship caliber team this season. We'll see tonight.

Sorry to bust your bubble but covington is a well rounded team best players are in the backfield but don't worry they are ,ouch better than liberty. Your just lucky Lexington got upset overlooking and scrub page team. If not you wouldn't be here trust me. But on the other hand Covington is really explosive off the line and block very well. My Milan boys will take care of CPA so all you need to do is worry about bashing more west tn teams. Go start the forum it can be most overrated teams in tn high school football.

On your last point, that would historically have to be Henry County. Although they may actually make it to the championship game this year. I think they are considered to be a Middle Tennessee team, though. At least they are by the Tennessean newspaper.

This will be the better than any game across the state tonight even better than riverdale vs maryville. I am gonna go with Covington because I think they are a better all around team.

Husker says Covington 36 - 28

Best game in the state tonight will be Henry County vs Hendersonville followed by Whitehaven vs Mt.Juliet.

Best game in the state tonight will be Henry County vs Hendersonville followed by Whitehaven vs Mt.Juliet.

I'm going with the Whitehaven versus Mt. Juliet game as the better of the two. If the game at Henry County is even close the Patriots are likely to have a "here we go again" feeling and lose to the Commandos.

Edited by midtnmale

I would classify Henry County as a Middle Tn team as well. West Tn quality way way down this year. May even be for the whole state, haven't seen any middle or east teams play this yr, however I know W. Tn's quality is way down. Whitehaven only chance for wt

Henry Co. is west tn located in Paris tn west side of tn river. Now this is thread between Covington and maplewood please start talking about them and no one else please.