Covington @ Maplewood

CHARGERFAN

Great game by two exceptional football programs! MHS wanted to win this game just a tab bit more than CHS. The TSSAA should look into finding their own announcers for playoff games. The young man announcing the game for MHS is a bad representation for the school and community. He was hilarious but I do not think the administration and community should have a man representing MHS with such a low level of vocabulary words to use announcing a football game. If you wanted a good laugh at a bar watching a football game the announcer for MHS is the perfect man to be around but not an announcer at a playoff game. On another note good luck to both football programs in the future!

Congratulations to Maplewood. Your #20 was as good as advertised. Your defense in the 2nd half held us scoreless, and also contributed to your victory. Good luck in Cookeville next week. By the way, the game is at 3:30 in Cookeville, if you have not heard.

To our Covington Chargers, I congratulate you on a great season. When Carlos Williams went out for the season after the Munford game, you might have started making excuses for not winning, but you didn't. The entire squad contributed to a great season. You have nothing to hang your head about with the loss to Maplewood. I think every Charger fan is proud of the 2011 team and everything you accomplished. To the seniors, this was a job well done, guys. It was a season to remember and y'all will be talking about it 50 years from now.

To the underclassmen, y'all will be back next year. Let's build on this season and take it a step farther next season.

you say that wheeler is ur friend and hopes that he pulls it off?? but you think a coach goes into a game knowing that his team is gonna lose.. idk if u have watched any football or not this year but covington has got a great team with a lot of heart.. i just don't see maplewood stomping them.. its gonna be close.. can't wait to go root my chargers on friday.. gl

i know good and well that coaches go into games knowing they are gona lose...u cant win them all...and if ur playing every game on heart...well eventually...they all stop...

u dont know if ive watched any football at all this year??? i gave u the breakdown of this game before it was ever played on the field...and once again...i was right...i know it sucks when someone picks against ur team...but dont take it so personal

as for mwd...best of luck in the championship...i hope you knock off green machine...

Sorry to bust your bubble but covington is a well rounded team best players are in the backfield but don't worry they are ,ouch better than liberty. Your just lucky Lexington got upset overlooking and scrub page team. If not you wouldn't be here trust me. But on the other hand Covington is really explosive off the line and block very well. My Milan boys will take care of CPA so all you need to do is worry about bashing more west tn teams. Go start the forum it can be most overrated teams in tn high school football.

lexingtons season changed entirely for whatever reason after their games with liberty and chester county...they went downhill and fast...i have yet to find anyone who can explain it...as for them beating maplewood...no...not even close...all lexington does is run...the size and speed of maplewood would have locked that down...mwd is built to stop the run...lexingtons D had trouble stopping libertys rush attack...our back isnt as fast as #20 and we dont have anyone running the ball the size of mwds fullback...lexington wouldnt have been able to stop them...

they may have overlooked page...but not for 4 quarters...maybe 1...but once ur gettin ur stuff pushed in it should open ur eyes...they had no business losing that game...but they couldnt even find the endzone...had they played a tougher nondistrict schedule they might have seen their flaws and been able to correct them...instead theyre more concerned with a perfect regular season...

i have yet to figure out why some milan fans are all up on lexingtons jock

thanking sir

Out of the four teams that Maplewood has played in the playoff I think that Liberty Tech would be the only one that could possibly defeat them in a rematch. If Covington had a better defense they could stand a chance as well.

On another note, I appreciate your posts. They are far more insightful than most; not a lot of bluster tand trash talk.

Edited by midtnmale

Out of the four teams that Maplewood has played in the playoff I think that Liberty Tech would be the only one that could possibly defeat them in a rematch. If Covington had a better defense they could stand a chance as well.

On another note, I appreciate your posts. They are far more insightful than most; not a lot of bluster tand trash talk.

As a Covington fan and someone who was at the Covington - maplewood game the defensive line for maplewood shot the gaps in the second half and stopped the Covington run game. #6 on maplewood's defense stopped two touchdowns Covington would have had in the first half. While #20 is a good back and deserves credit for what he did the defense won the game for maplewood. Covington's defense has given up points all year and for them to only give up 21 to maplewood was great for them. One of the touchdowns for maplewood was on an interception return when the game was pretty much decided so the defense only gave up 21. One question I did have for anyone out there. Maplewood's band played while Covington was on offense the entire game. We had several false start penalties on the end of the field they were on and it cost us a touchdown before the half. I thought that was illegal to play during the other team offensive set. Is that not the case?

As a Covington fan and someone who was at the Covington - maplewood game the defensive line for maplewood shot the gaps in the second half and stopped the Covington run game. #6 on maplewood's defense stopped two touchdowns Covington would have had in the first half. While #20 is a good back and deserves credit for what he did the defense won the game for maplewood. Covington's defense has given up points all year and for them to only give up 21 to maplewood was great for them. One of the touchdowns for maplewood was on an interception return when the game was pretty much decided so the defense only gave up 21. One question I did have for anyone out there. Maplewood's band played while Covington was on offense the entire game. We had several false start penalties on the end of the field they were on and it cost us a touchdown before the half. I thought that was illegal to play during the other team offensive set. Is that not the case?

nope ...not illegal ...i just looked it up ...eusa_whistle.gif ...and neither are the air horns and cow bells and other noise makers ...in the crowd that i hear ...this is not golf ...make all the noise you want!!

If you think Maplewood's band is loud, you should hear Pearl-Cohns!!! :roflol: