Covington @ Maplewood

CHARGERFAN

As a Covington fan and someone who was at the Covington - maplewood game the defensive line for maplewood shot the gaps in the second half and stopped the Covington run game. #6 on maplewood's defense stopped two touchdowns Covington would have had in the first half. While #20 is a good back and deserves credit for what he did the defense won the game for maplewood. Covington's defense has given up points all year and for them to only give up 21 to maplewood was great for them. One of the touchdowns for maplewood was on an interception return when the game was pretty much decided so the defense only gave up 21. One question I did have for anyone out there. Maplewood's band played while Covington was on offense the entire game. We had several false start penalties on the end of the field they were on and it cost us a touchdown before the half. I thought that was illegal to play during the other team offensive set. Is that not the case?

in missouri it is illegal...as has been stated...not in TN...our band at liberty plays constantly...and IMO is a hindrance moreso to our team than a motivator...a good band director would be trying to help give his school the edge instead of constantly blasting ragged noises over the field...

that being said...its all about the ball...when it moves u move...give a lil credit to mwds d line for being in the backfield so often that ur boys might have been forced to leave early...they were in ours all night and i suspect thats the norm for them...

another thing i noticed at that stadium is that sound gets swallowed up...it didnt matter how loud we yelled u couldnt hear anything...it was a great atmosphere and i hope we get to play there again...maybe even a regular season nondistrict matchup...only other stadium ive been to that could swallow sound like that was giles county...that place was amazing

Great game by two exceptional football programs! MHS wanted to win this game just a tab bit more than CHS. The TSSAA should look into finding their own announcers for playoff games. The young man announcing the game for MHS is a bad representation for the school and community. He was hilarious but I do not think the administration and community should have a man representing MHS with such a low level of vocabulary words to use announcing a football game. If you wanted a good laugh at a bar watching a football game the announcer for MHS is the perfect man to be around but not an announcer at a playoff game. On another note good luck to both football programs in the future!

I have been going to Maplewood's football games for years. The best way to shut the announcer up is for the visiting team to win. If Maplewood is losing, he is quiet as a church mouse. But if The Panthers are doing their thing, watchoutherenow!!!!

What happened at Maplewood? I'm originally from Covington and graduated from CHS. I attended alot of football games this year but this was the only CHS game I attended. I read all the hype on here and decided to go to Maplewood. Needless to say I was very disappointed. Was it a bad night? Did CHS have an easy schedule therefore false hope? I watched several 1A and 2A teams this year that could have dominated Covington based on what I saw at this one game. Not trying to be critical just curious? Oh yeah, I will never attend another game at Maplewood, they were the most obnoxious, rude host i've ever seen at a high school game. Maplewood's announcer should be banned from the campus forever.

• Upvote 1