Covington @ Maplewood

CHARGERFAN

If you would check my previous post, you would see that you clarified exactly what I stated. I did not say covington was the fastest team in the state, or even in west tennessee. I clearly said that Covington was the fastest team that Chester CO had seen (meaning played), and by you quoting the chester co fan, you proved my point.

Im not saying that Covington will be faster than maplewood, but for you to think that covington will be slow just because they are from west tennessee is crazy.

First off, I never thought that Covington was slow. And neither did I say, nor mean to imply that they were slow. Why you came to that conclusion, I don't know. I was just challenging your assertion that a Chester County fan stated that the Covington team was the fastest they had seen.

In the quote from the fan [use2play4cc] it was stated that Covington had the fastest backfield. It was further stated by the same poster that Liberty was the fastest team. So in the poster's opinion Liberty was the fastest team that Chester County had played. If you check, I think you will find that Chester County played, and lost to, Liberty Tech in the latter part of the regular season.

he says fastest backfield...simple...congrats...then he says team...thats TECH...its cool...im not offended by the statement...if u wana take it farther fsu we can...

as for this big time game thats comin friday...as much as i want wheeler to pull this off...i think he knows whats comin...

mwood 28

covington 14

watching maplewood on film is not impressive...but watching them play in person is another story

i wont put them up there with henry county...whom i think is the best team ive seen all season and possibly in a few years...but they were the 2nd best team weve played all season...on defense...i do think they are beatable...

libertys mistakes were made thru the air...thats good for covington since that isnt ur form of attack...but i maintain that ur offense is playing into their strengths on defense...

they dont have many big guys but the ones they do have all play...hard and fast...they were bigger than us but just about everyone we play each year is...other than against henry county size has never been a factor...they are a very strong defense

theyre back...if he plays is a lil better than phelps at CC...dont know the stats on that game or how he played...but their line is much better than chesters...theyll bring the FB in to go A gaps when they need to...thats about all hes good for...but he has some serious size to him...the mwd offense is containable but ive never seen covingtons D or heard anything special about them...always the backs that make the threads

he says fastest backfield...simple...congrats...then he says team...thats TECH...its cool...im not offended by the statement...if u wana take it farther fsu we can...

as for this big time game thats comin friday...as much as i want wheeler to pull this off...i think he knows whats comin...

mwood 28

covington 14

watching maplewood on film is not impressive...but watching them play in person is another story

i wont put them up there with henry county...whom i think is the best team ive seen all season and possibly in a few years...but they were the 2nd best team weve played all season...on defense...i do think they are beatable...

libertys mistakes were made thru the air...thats good for covington since that isnt ur form of attack...but i maintain that ur offense is playing into their strengths on defense...

they dont have many big guys but the ones they do have all play...hard and fast...they were bigger than us but just about everyone we play each year is...other than against henry county size has never been a factor...they are a very strong defense

theyre back...if he plays is a lil better than phelps at CC...dont know the stats on that game or how he played...but their line is much better than chesters...theyll bring the FB in to go A gaps when they need to...thats about all hes good for...but he has some serious size to him...the mwd offense is containable but ive never seen covingtons D or heard anything special about them...always the backs that make the threads

you say that wheeler is ur friend and hopes that he pulls it off?? but you think a coach goes into a game knowing that his team is gonna lose.. idk if u have watched any football or not this year but covington has got a great team with a lot of heart.. i just don't see maplewood stomping them.. its gonna be close.. can't wait to go root my chargers on friday.. gl

mwood 28

covington 14

you seem torn ...flip a coin ...gut or heart?

Panthers take this one!!

That is Hilarious the NW association is terrible! I feel bad for you guys, and any poor playoff game that gets a crew form NW Tennessee. Goodluck Chargers

If they are from Dyesrsburg, that is a nightmare for Covington. LOL.

You have to understand that it has been said among our fanbase in the stands for years, whenever the officials make a stupid call "They must be from Dyersburg". So, an officiating crew from NW Tennessee may not be a favorable thing for Covington after all.

I love how you guys are already counting Covington out. It's alright though, guess y'all will just have to learn the hard way like everybody else.

nobody counting you guys out ...there is still a tough game to be played ...but if you want me to say Covington will win ..then i'm afraid my friend you have the wrong thread ...your looking for the Chester Co. vs Covington thread ...its at the bottom of the next page!!

Hey ..the hard way is how we do things around here!

Ok I guess I can clear a few things up and add my .02 cents!

Covington has the fastest BACKS CC faced all year NOT the fastest "TEAM"!

Covington runs the wing t and runs it well, but as we all know there are alot of fakes and hand offs in that offense, and they WILL fumble! That being said when they do not fumble they will get their yards and be in scoring position! CC did not stop the run as well as they should have this year, but I thought they would have slowed down Covingtons running game, because they did run that same offense under Cupples, but they didn't! I really don't see a team shutting their running game down! Maybe slowing it down, but not shutting it down!

If Maplewood has any kind of a passing game they will have success, and you will be able to run it down there throat! CC went 99 yards for a score and ate up 9 minutes in second qtr!

Covington is a very good football team and they don't give up! Hope they cross the river and bring a W back west!

Oh and one more thing the half back #12 does an excellent job blocking/setting the corner! He will hold everytime but does it good grabs jersey and under shoulder pads but never extends his arms! Smart football IMO!!

Edited by use2play4cc

That is Hilarious the NW association is terrible! I feel bad for you guys, and any poor playoff game that gets a crew form NW Tennessee. Goodluck Chargers

Ditto... May be the dumbest crew in all of high school football. I don't think MW or COV will

have an advantage, I know one thing, I hope the two coaches can keep their cool!!!!