Tri-County seven

THE KING

Well from getting a chance to watch a numerous amount of games through out the week I can kinda share what I think about our girls basketball outcome could be in this area. My top 6 for this week goes like this.

1.Science Hill- Hats off to the Lady Toppers for defeating a very tough but young Lady Trojans team at Daniel Boone High School this week by a very large margin. Copney and Tarter are probably the best two "Athletes" in the area bar none. Lyon is one of the top 5 post players in this area absolutely dominating Morristown West last night along with the way Knack is shooting the ball right now the Toppers are heading in the right direction. The Toppers will be tested on Friday though as they play my #2 team in this area the Cloudland Lady Highlanders.

2.Cloudland- Big win over the Cumberland Gap Panthers on Friday.Brooke Rhodes proved to show everyone why she is one of the top players in this area recording a double double with 21 points and 16 rebounds along with tough Sophmore Courtney Clarke having a good showing for the night with 16 points. Started off shaky against Sullivan East but ended up pulling it out at the end by 9. Landers better come in focused Friday or it could be a long night at the Valley.

3.Tennessee High- Lost to a tough Jeff County team 61-55 but bounced back over the week with 2 key wins over Elizabethton and Morristown West 56-55 and 66-46 over Elizabethton.Mitchell and Neil are very tough players they will be tested tomorrow night though against a good Lady Greene Devils Team.

4.Daniel Boone- Big 52 to 44 win over North Greene this week.I think they are going to fair pretty well in that big 9 Conference this year possibly finishing third. They are very well coached patient on the offensive end and they play very good defense.

5.North Greene- Took one on the chin to Daniel Boone but picked up a solid win over Elizabethton.If North Greene can stay healty and get production consistently out of Bailey like she played against Elizabethton they are going to be a force in Single A.

6.Unicoi County- With 2 wins over Sullivan South and Volunteer Unicoi showed why I think they are going to win the 3 rivers conference.King,Thompson,Gardner and Bennett are all playing well at the moment I think this is one of the better Unicoi teams they have had in a while.

Some good analysis here. I will point out that the loss you referenced for Tennessee High against Jeff Co. was in the regional last year.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much to add on my part. I am really interested in the Cloudland vs. Science Hill game on Friday and hope to be there to see it. If Science Hill plays like they played at the state tournament, I think they win by 20+. If Science Hill comes in over confident, Cloudland may give them a game. I hope Elizabethton pushes Cloudland Saturday.

Not much to add on my part. I am really interested in the Cloudland vs. Science Hill game on Friday and hope to be there to see it. If Science Hill plays like they played at the state tournament, I think they win by 20+. If Science Hill comes in over confident, Cloudland may give them a game. I hope Elizabethton pushes Cloudland Saturday.

I don't see Cloudland losing by 20+ to anybody. I do agree it will be a tough game to win for the Landers. They have a tough matchup tonight with Watauga, then the Hill Friday. They may be softened up enough for the clones to make a game out of it Saturday. Those lady clones are very talented to go with being young so it will be a good challenging week for the lady Highlanders.

I deffinitely dont think it will be a 20 point game However! I do believe Science Hills press and halfcourt defense will give Cloudland fits throughout the game. I also believe Science Hill is a little more battle tested schedule wise being that Cloudland has played Cumberland Gap,Tri-Cities Christian and Sullivan East.As to where Science Hill has played Mo West and William Blount thats the only thing I could see playing a big factor. But all in all we are up for a good week of basketball in NorthEast Tennessee this week. Everyone have a happy Thanksgiving :hungry:

I deffinitely dont think it will be a 20 point game However! I do believe Science Hills press and halfcourt defense will give Cloudland fits throughout the game. I also believe Science Hill is a little more battle tested schedule wise being that Cloudland has played Cumberland Gap,Tri-Cities Christian and Sullivan East.As to where Science Hill has played Mo West and William Blount thats the only thing I could see playing a big factor. But all in all we are up for a good week of basketball in NorthEast Tennessee this week. Everyone have a happy Thanksgiving :hungry:

I agree. Cloudland is still trying to iron out a few wrinkles. They've had some pretty tough scrimmages to get them ready. If they can beat the press and get it to Rhodes down low, they can win. I feel like we can win the boards with her and Wilson underneath and Clarke and the other guards will have to shoot well from outside. NO turnovers. :thumb:

Cloudland dominated tonight. They proved that they are not a 1 woman show as rhodes had to sit almost the whole first half. She finished with 7 points I think. Hughes and miller were all over the floor reeking havoc and wilson dominated down low. Clarke hit some big threes early on and the whole cloudland train just ran over watauga