Henry County vs Hendersonville

titanfan33

HC is a good Football Team. I saw them play Beech, and they stopped Beech's offense in the 1st half. However Beech had success with their Passing attack in the third quarter, which in turn helped their running game. So Beech scored in both the 3rd, and 4th quarters against HC. The score the second half was HC 15- Beech 14.

Sure HC won the game 37-17 which was because of their defense in the 1st half. Beech came on strong on both sides of the ball the 2nd half. Could HC have done more?

HC is a good Football Team. However their strength of schedule is soft. They are ranked 88th hardest schedule in the State and this is across all Divisions, 6A, 5A, 4A, etc. Hendersonville's strength of schedule ranking is 9th hardest. 9TH.!(across all Divisions)

HC is a good Football Team. Hendersonville can score on the ground, in the air, and the Kicker....He can tackle too. Wing-T, Pro set, Wildcat, Pistol...Coach Hat is a multi-tasker

HC is a good Football Team. Hendersonville only lost to one 5A team this year, Gallatin. Hendersonville then beat Gallatin in the 2nd round of the Playoffs. HC lost to no one...think about it.

HC is a good Football Team. Go Commandos! :thumb:

True. It was 23-3 at the half of that game. HC had absolutely dominated, so Beech changed their offense to something we hadn't seen any film of for the 2nd half, and they had some success in doing so. Excellent adjustment by their coach. Either way, that game is meaningless now. I'm quite certain Beech has probably improved drastically over the course of the season. I'm not sure how Hendersonville is in the trenches, I've heard they are an under rated bunch, and I've also heard they're not the cream of the crop. One thing's for certain, line play will be absolutely crucial in this game. That is HC's strength on both sides of the ball. From what I recall, Gallatin was a strong team in the trenches this year, and yet Hendersonville still beat them pretty soundly a couple weeks ago.

I'm looking forward to this game. Should be a fun one to watch.

Edited by RedSwarm10

HC is a good Football Team. I saw them play Beech, and they stopped Beech's offense in the 1st half. However Beech had success with their Passing attack in the third quarter, which in turn helped their running game. So Beech scored in both the 3rd, and 4th quarters against HC. The score the second half was HC 15- Beech 14.

Sure HC won the game 37-17 which was because of their defense in the 1st half. Beech came on strong on both sides of the ball the 2nd half. Could HC have done more?

HC is a good Football Team. However their strength of schedule is soft. They are ranked 88th hardest schedule in the State and this is across all Divisions, 6A, 5A, 4A, etc. Hendersonville's strength of schedule ranking is 9th hardest. 9TH.!(across all Divisions)

HC is a good Football Team. Hendersonville can score on the ground, in the air, and the Kicker....He can tackle too. Wing-T, Pro set, Wildcat, Pistol...Coach Hat is a multi-tasker

HC is a good Football Team. Hendersonville only lost to one 5A team this year, Gallatin. Hendersonville then beat Gallatin in the 2nd round of the Playoffs. HC lost to no one...think about it.

HC is a good Football Team. Go Commandos! :thumb:

Well ridgeway also talked about how soft our schedule was and they are getting ready for basketball. They too only lost to 2 6A teams and a nationally ranked top 20 team from dallas. Schedules don't mean anything this deep in the playoffs.

Having seen HC once this year and HHS twice, I'll say that if HC is anywhere near as good as they were when they played Beech they will win by 2+ scores. HHS is very well coached and will be very well prepared. But this year's HHS is not nearly as good as last year's team. Last year's team was as good as anyone in the state in the trenches. (extra curricular activity included) They are not nearly as strong on either side of the ball up front. They will throw a punch or two and hit you after the whistle a little in hopes that you retaliate. They had one unsportsmanlike called on them against Beech for throwing a punch. It was called on a Beech td and cost HHS a whole yard and a half on the extra point. (it was that kind of night for Beech) Their strength is their skill players and coaching. No D1's, just very solid. I believe HC can run down hill on them all night if they take care of the football.

Here's my 2 cents for what it is worth. If Henry Co is as good as what everybody thinks they are then they should win. They should have better athletes and the revenge factor plus home field could very well tip the hats to the Patriots. Hopefully y'all will be prepared and go ahead and finally win the gold ball. I make no bones about it, I really wish Gallatin would have made it to Paris because I think that could have been an epic game. Hendersonville was no doubt better than us the last time we played on that night but I still don't think they were a better team. Hendersonville has a knack of turning it up during the playoffs. Last year they got hot and went to the state title game, this year could be the same unless Henry Co is well prepared. I have seen the Commandos twice and admittedly they did not play well the first meeting. The second matchup, they had made some changes. Priddy had moved to the fullback position and this greatly helped the running game. Having Tez Bryant and Priddy in the backfield is a good combo. Neither are very flashy just hard runners. Brown is a good QB. His numbers don't lie. With a fast big play receiver in Jarrell Adams and Priddy out of the backfield, they are hard to defend. Passing out of the wing-t just helps that offense. Now compared to last year, Hendersonville does not have as strong of line play. Last year they were just nasty up front. This year they are adequate but have much stronger play makers. The kicker can not be overlooked either. He has a strong leg. Watch for the tightend on those 3rd and 5 plays. He got rocked against Gallatin in the first meeting time after time. It obviously affected him because he caught one pass in the second game and he acted like he had won the Superbowl. Hit him hard and it will get in his head. Don't expect anything too flashy, Hatfield is just a solid coach and they do what they do. Adelotte, Perry and Hatfield are the top wing-t coaches in the state and all are still playing this week. Hatfield has mostly been a fullback lead and buck sweep type, but this passing game is definitely a feather in their cap. I expect Henry Co to pull out the win, but I will say if Hendersonville does win I won't be surprised. It ought to be a good game. The other players are good role players. They have good fundamentals which makes them a tough matchup. Good luck Patriots and have fun, just know others wish they could have been in your spot.

Excellent post GWAVE1 you are right on point. Im speaking personaly when I say this, There has been a big burden placed on us for the past 5 years with High Expectations only to fall short. Weve had our chances, in the 80's once 90's once and again for the past 5 years. Its been heart breaking to watch these young men put in everything they have heart and soul and end up short. Again me personaly, I just want to see us make it to the State Championship and say in my mind hey its ok we are one of the top two in class 5A this year. it would mean so much to us old timers as well as this group on the field. appreciate ya thoughts with the utmost respect to Gallatin and the Greenwave program too as I remember your dominance in the 80's.....

True. It was 23-3 at the half of that game. HC had absolutely dominated, so Beech changed their offense to something we hadn't seen any film of for the 2nd half, and they had some success in doing so. Excellent adjustment by their coach. Either way, that game is meaningless now. I'm quite certain Beech has probably improved drastically over the course of the season. I'm not sure how Hendersonville is in the trenches, I've heard they are an under rated bunch, and I've also heard they're not the cream of the crop. One thing's for certain, line play will be absolutely crucial in this game. That is HC's strength on both sides of the ball. From what I recall, Gallatin was a strong team in the trenches this year, and yet Hendersonville still beat them pretty soundly a couple weeks ago.

Completely two different ball games. Gallatin's weakness was line play in the second game along with 4 turnovers. Gallatin was without its top two linemen who play both sides of the ball at most times, the big man 6'5" 350 Tre Haynes and 6'2" 240 Zach Swafford.

With this said, I don't want to take away the fact Hendersonville is a very good football team with a very good coaching staff, however, barring HC does not have 4 turnovers or multiple starters out, they should come out with the victory.

I think all HC lineman need to be wearing visors this week. I played football and know the piles get dirty. However, there is no place in the game for eye gouging, fish hooking, etc. The refs need to be looking for that kind of activity. I hope the players realize if they get ejected this week they are suspended next week. I know it's instinct to retaliate but hope we don't have another incident.

Did you make it to last week's game "oooooooo"?

YES I did mr. prez! Great game! If the crazy kickoff would not have happened that score would have been a whole lot worse. We were on the verge of blowing them out so that is why I say it happens this week. Hendersonville lucky to be here and I LOOK for a HUGE CROWD this week. I will be there as well!!!!!!!!!

I told you once we are not playing a sorry clarksville school, I will be there!

Having seen HC once this year and HHS twice, I'll say that if HC is anywhere near as good as they were when they played Beech they will win by 2+ scores. HHS is very well coached and will be very well prepared. But this year's HHS is not nearly as good as last year's team. Last year's team was as good as anyone in the state in the trenches. (extra curricular activity included) They are not nearly as strong on either side of the ball up front. They will throw a punch or two and hit you after the whistle a little in hopes that you retaliate. They had one unsportsmanlike called on them against Beech for throwing a punch. It was called on a Beech td and cost HHS a whole yard and a half on the extra point. (it was that kind of night for Beech) Their strength is their skill players and coaching. No D1's, just very solid. I believe HC can run down hill on them all night if they take care of the football.

• Upvote 1

RedSwarm, it was 23-3 at half and the last 7 points for the Bucs were not very exciting after we had begun subbing. It was a dominating performance all the way through. Also note, that Gallatin's win against them was with a dominant line on both sides of the ball. Hendersonville's win was against a Gallatin team minus a dominant line on either side. What this says is that Coach Hatfield is very smart and took FULL advantage of Gallatin's weakness the second time around. Henry County needs to come out and play their game. Gonna be a great one Friday at Patriot Stadium!!! Can't wait!!!

Go Big RED!!!