Coach Husband at BA

WaReAgLe3

So with a not so good start to the season, and a very tough schedule ahead of us, would you say that Coach Husband is on the hot seat here at Brentwood Academy? Losing to a not so good Centennial team the other night did not sit well with many of the fans in the stands. Add that to the fact that we have not really been competing with the top tier teams in DII-AA the last few years and many people believe it might be time for a change. Anyone agree, disagree and who do you think can come in and turn this program around to a championship caliber team?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So with a not so good start to the season, and a very tough schedule ahead of us, would you say that Coach Husband is on the hot seat here at Brentwood Academy? Losing to a not so good Centennial team the other night did not sit well with many of the fans in the stands. Add that to the fact that we have not really been competing with the top tier teams in DII-AA the last few years and many people believe it might be time for a change. Anyone agree, disagree and who do you think can come in and turn this program around to a championship caliber team?

bad several of years of recruiting are catching up? lol. oops. Probably shouldnt have said that, TSSAA is watching. Of course, that is why there have been years of bad recruiting classes to begin with.

BA's lawsuit is what caused your athletic downturn. The other privates are out manuvering you at every recruiting turn. You wont be able to change that for a very long time, if ever.

BA's lawsuit is what caused your athletic downturn. The other privates are out manuvering you at every recruiting turn. You wont be able to change that for a very long time, if ever.

Lawsuit was in 1997. BA Basketball team has four (4) state championships since then. Now that's what I call a "athletic downturn". But in the last 5 years....

Husband is 75-50 in 5 years at BA. They have not been competitive for those 5 years. There have been some good and talented players who have transferred or just not come out to join the team. Multiple players in the last few years left the team. I wish them the best but I'd say the seat is getting a little warm.

Edited by shakinthefat

Just 1 more to add to the losses by this 'wanna-be' coach. Has some talent on the team this year, but no one will ever know as the losses will pile up. Blame BA overall for hiring a person unqualified for the position, and not having the guts to make a change. Oh thats right, BA isn't about winning anymore.

bad several of years of recruiting are catching up? lol. oops. Probably shouldnt have said that, TSSAA is watching. Of course, that is why there have been years of bad recruiting classes to begin with.

Speaking of recruiting, what happened to the Duval kid, i have seen where he is playing at brentwood high, if not mistaken did he not play for BA last year ? I could swear i remember him on thr BA team, and if he was and i am not wrong, how is he playing this tear for Brentwood high, they are not out the mileage T$$AA limitation for transfering and being eligible, numerous kids would love to transfer but cannot because of T$$AA rules, just wondering.

Speaking of recruiting, what happened to the Duval kid, i have seen where he is playing at brentwood high, if not mistaken did he not play for BA last year ? I could swear i remember him on thr BA team, and if he was and i am not wrong, how is he playing this tear for Brentwood high, they are not out the mileage T$$AA limitation for transfering and being eligible, numerous kids would love to transfer but cannot because of T$$AA rules, just wondering.

Duval transferred to Brentwood and claimed financial hardship. That is how he got cleared to play. So the consensus is that the seat is hot, but I still haven't heard anyone who might be a good replacement. We need someone to come in and get this team back to the top of the pack.

Duval transferred to Brentwood and claimed financial hardship. That is how he got cleared to play. So the consensus is that the seat is hot, but I still haven't heard anyone who might be a good replacement. We need someone to come in and get this team back to the top of the pack.

thats crap you know it, i know it, and most anyone who keeps up with hs basketball knows it, bad team no exposure oh lets transfer to another school that is good for some exposure, not anything new numerous kids get turned down every year so how did he get the financial hardship. something is not right with this picture, go ba have a good year despite tssaa

There is only one answer for this situation. It's time to bring in Drew Maddux.

There is only one answer for this situation. It's time to bring in Drew Maddux.

I have two boys who play on AAU teams and I would let both of them go to Brentwood Academy for the school environment but if they both choose basketball, I would reconsider given the coaching of basketball from BOYS middle school up through BOYS Varisty. I like the womens coach. I was at the Hillsboro game last night and sitting with a few of my black friends listening to them joke about how the players are not allowed to dunk at Brentwood Academy and how families who wish to see their kids play college basketball are shying away from looking at BA. Coach Husband is a nice guy from what I see but it is very obvious from listening to all the chatter that parents who have kids who have played basketball for a while would not send their kids to BA for that sport. My 5th grade son has been to a few of Drew Maddux's camps and I left very impressed with him and the way he handled the camp and the kids. He runs a fast game, with pressure defense and is not afraid to open up the court with the 3 and from my understanding the kids do not need to pass the ball 5 times before they shoot and they are allowed to dunk the ball. That was a joke. On a positive note as sorry as BA looked last night against a Hillsboro team that at times looked like a school yard team, they did do a few things well. Before the game each player shook the hand of the opposing coaches and each time a BA player plowed over a Hillsboro player, the BA player offered to help the Hillsboro player off the floor. I know the boys are trying but basketball players are just not looking at BA these days.

Is Football Next????

I hear the AD at BA is not happy about the BA football coach. They will replace the basketball coach before the football coach, the AD will make sure of that. Whoops the AD is the football coach and the offensive coordinator too.

There is no excitement about BA basketball in quite along time. Husband has had a chance but isn't getting the job done. His long time assistant coach left this year, and the rest of the coaching staff seem to not have much input. I don't wish for him to lose his coaching job but something has to give.

Drew Maddox is an excellent choice, but I don't think he wants the job.

Edited by shakinthefat

I hear the AD at BA is not happy about the BA football coach. They will replace the basketball coach before the football coach, the AD will make sure of that. Whoops the AD is the football coach and the offensive coordinator too.

There is no excitement about BA basketball in quite along time. Husband has had a chance but isn't getting the job done. His long time assistant coach left this year, and the rest of the coaching staff seem to not have much input. I don't wish for him to lose his coaching job but something has to give.

Drew Maddox is an excellent choice, but I don't think he wants the job.

Do you think Coach Maddux and Coach Potter can co-exist?