Riverdale Offseason Thread

RutherfordRazor

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I am NO hero and I hated writing it. The only reason I did was because the Metro Coach that is the big fan of Coach A insinuated I did not have a valid reason for questioning both Coach A's choking and the state of Metro coaching in general.

Hopefully he is satisfied now that I have seen a 'little' football in my life.

i dont believe you hated writing this.

WingT can work 'IF', it is a blend of run and pass. The trouble was when Coach A came to R'dale he did NOT pass. Called only running plays and it resulted in teams loading the box and totally shutting our offense down.

The problem was NOT the offense, it was the Coach and his judgement as to plays and staff he choose. Presently it is better, but still not perfect. He has about a month to work on it before starting the next season.

In the mean time, the energy MUST be spent in the weight room!

WingT can work in grade school, high school and college. I coach middle school football and we run the WingT and believe me it works. Most of the kids we coach go to Riverdale, some go to Oakland, some get stolen by private schools...so they should know how to run the Wing T. I prefer more if a hybrid that what Coach A runs. Its a little different style of Wing T, yes he probably runs it more, but it can be effective. Let's be honest the talent pool at Riverdale is not what it once was in the 90's. I think that has more to do with Riverdale's struggles than Coach A running the wing T.

WingT can work in grade school, high school and college. I coach middle school football and we run the WingT and believe me it works. Most of the kids we coach go to Riverdale, some go to Oakland, some get stolen by private schools...so they should know how to run the Wing T. I prefer more if a hybrid that what Coach A runs. Its a little different style of Wing T, yes he probably runs it more, but it can be effective. Let's be honest the talent pool at Riverdale is not what it once was in the 90's. I think that has more to do with Riverdale's struggles than Coach A running the wing T.

I 'might' agree if this was not one of the fastest growing parts of the city. This section and Blackman's zone is the fastest growing parts of Murfreesboro. LaVergne would be but it is land locked by Metro on one side, Percy Priest/Wilson County on a side, Smyrna and a side, and Williamson County/Metro on the fourth side.

Now why are you not sending us BETTER talent? Oakland pay better, or are you hoping for a slot eventually on Coach A'a staff? <_<

I 'might' agree if this was not one of the fastest growing parts of the city. This section and Blackman's zone is the fastest growing parts of Murfreesboro. LaVergne would be but it is land locked by Metro on one side, Percy Priest/Wilson County on a side, Smyrna and a side, and Williamson County/Metro on the fourth side.

Now why are you not sending us BETTER talent? Oakland pay better, or are you hoping for a slot eventually on Coach A'a staff? <_<

Not sure I follow your question? Was that sarcasm? My allegiance are with Riverdale and as I said most of my players end up at Riverdale. Some go to Oakland, some go to Blackman, etc. Some get stolen by the private schools which I have no love lost for. What gives?

Not sure I follow your question? Was that sarcasm? My allegiance are with Riverdale and as I said most of my players end up at Riverdale. Some go to Oakland, some go to Blackman, etc. Some get stolen by the private schools which I have no love lost for. What gives?

Easy Big Fella, I think was "B" meant to be sarcasm. :popcorneater:

"Sarcasm"-lost art that is wasted on the young when it is not them doing it. <_<

MillerBall, I was messing with you because it goes back to times when you were probably still in High School or College. Think back to the days of yore when the 'Battle of the Boro' REALLY meant something.

At that time BOTH schools were accused of rec........ah.....helping kids decide which high school football team would be BEST for them.

"Sarcasm"-lost art that is wasted on the young when it is not them doing it. <_<

MillerBall, I was messing with you because it goes back to times when you were probably still in High School or College. Think back to the days of yore when the 'Battle of the Boro' REALLY meant something.

At that time BOTH schools were accused of rec........ah.....helping kids decide which high school football team would be BEST for them.

has there really ever been a battle in the boro. i think the record is 31-11. NOT MUCH OF A BATTLE.

has there really ever been a battle in the boro. i think the record is 31-11. NOT MUCH OF A BATTLE.

Yes there was until R'dale started winning BIG time the REAL war which was the rec.....ah..'HELPING' kids to decide.

It has moved to Girls Basketball which was also between R'dale and Oakland originally. Now it is R'dale vs Blackman. We are winning that one to! :roflolk: