Rankin going to Catholic?

falconvol

It isn't SS. Peyton Wall will be a GREAT up and coming QB. RB's Koko, Love, and Tyson. Tyson only a freshman this year will be something special before he graduates Alcoa.

Also, got to love having Turbyfill, Chenshaw, come back at LB's. Loy and Ownby at OL will be beast! If Braylon Young improves the next two years as much as he did this year, wow, look out. Also, never overlook the fact Alcoa has another couple of Evan's coming at OL! Plus, next season Alcoa will use some serious talent coming from the Middle school team that has a 6'2, 280 Lineman and 4 other players over 6'2 and 200 lbs.

I see next seasons team being much improved over this year.

They also return both Kenny Dean and Mustafa Anthony. Turbyfill, Crenshaw, Strissel, and Burchfield all return as guys who saw major action at LB. Koko was a starter there and will be the feature back on offense for Alcoa.

All things considered:

Alcoa was definitely in "rebuild" mode this year and they still came up just 1 blocked PAT shy at CAK. They lose Hambrick (which will be a blow) and lose Oggs (which will not have a "major" impact IMO). They lose Rankin from the line but return Owenby, Young, and Loy.

I look for Alcoa to use FINALLY LOSING as a motivation tool this off-season. Next year when they play they are going to be a major force and anyone who disputes this just doesn't know football.

I’m sure Caine would listen if Alcoa called him, but I doubt he would go anywhere. His family is established here, and there are a few individuals in this town that could make it very difficult to lure him away from Greeneville, if they want him to stay bad enough. Money talks.

What's this? A Greeneville fan admitting that one of their coaches would be paid by people other than just Greeneville High? Wow, I just hope the other Greeneville fans on here don't find out who you are that could be a mess!

What's this? A Greeneville fan admitting that one of their coaches would be paid by people other than just Greeneville High? Wow, I just hope the other Greeneville fans on here don't find out who you are that could be a mess!

Come on Spread, you shouldn't come on here making these accusations unless you KNOW something. Actually, rumor has it these "people" tried getting Rankin from Alcoa and one other big name coach with state championships before they "offered" a little less to the man from NC.

Come on Spread, you shouldn't come on here making these accusations unless you KNOW something. Actually, rumor has it these "people" tried getting Rankin from Alcoa and one other big name coach with state championships before they "offered" a little less to the man from NC.

Interesting stuff you must be a Greeneville insider or something...nevertheless, I was just schocked to see a Greeneville fan admit to this stuff.

I never said that. He has everything he needs here to build a great program, which he has done. The money has built great facilities and one of the best weight rooms in the area. They are also planning to complete phase two of the new stadium at some point. Why would he want to leave considering this and the fact that he has already won here?

By the way, I have no idea what he is paid and have never even suggested that I do.

• Upvote 1

I never said that. He has everything he needs here to build a great program, which he has done. The money has built great facilities and one of the best weight rooms in the area. They are also planning to complete phase two of the new stadium at some point. Why would he want to leave considering this and the fact that he has already won here?

By the way, I have no idea what he is paid and have never even suggested that I do.

You are right. He has it made there. Greeneville is a 4A school with 6A facilities. He has a feeder school that attempts to run his stuff, and a bunch of county parents who want their kids to get a "city school education" and send their kids there. It would be a questionable move unless it were for some kind of family reasons, which I know of none.

You are right. He has it made there. Greeneville is a 4A school with 6A facilities. He has a feeder school that attempts to run his stuff, and a bunch of county parents who want their kids to get a "city school education" and send their kids there. It would be a questionable move unless it were for some kind of family reasons, which I know of none.

That was the point I was making. It’s not like he is coaching at a place that hasn’t furnished the football program with everything they need to be successful. The school is outstanding, and the stadium is great and still improving. I’m sure Alcoa has great facilities as well, but he’s had success here and his family is established here as well. I just think it would be hard to lure him away from Greeneville. I could be wrong though, because Alcoa has a lot to offer as well.

and there are a few individuals in this town that could make it very difficult to lure him away from Greeneville, if they want him to stay bad enough. Money talks.

I believe you did say that.

I’m sure Caine would listen if Alcoa called him, but I doubt he would go anywhere. His family is established here, and there are a few individuals in this town that could make it very difficult to lure him away from Greeneville, if they want him to stay bad enough. Money talks.

As far as the "money talks", I am not sure that Greeneville will make that MISTAKE twice. Plus they have an administration with more integrity now that may not even allow that.

and there are a few individuals in this town that could make it very difficult to lure him away from Greeneville, if they want him to stay bad enough. Money talks.

I believe you did say that.

I'm not going to argue with you. I have no idea what he is paid and haven't suggested that I do.

There are many people who have helped this program to be built up to where it is now. The new school was rebuilt several years ago and it is as nice as any school in the area. They remodeled the fieldhouse a few years ago as well. They also installed new turf a few years ago. They have a very impressive weightroom. All of this along with great coaching has built this program. I just think it would be harder for anyone to lure him away because of the support the town has shown this program. Again, I could be wrong. I know Alcoa would be a great opportunity for any coach.

I'm not going to argue with you. I have no idea what he is paid and haven't suggested that I do.

There are many people who have helped this program to be built up to where it is now. The new school was rebuilt several years ago and it is as nice as any school in the area. They remodeled the fieldhouse a few years ago as well. They also installed new turf a few years ago. They have a very impressive weightroom. All of this along with great coaching has built this program. I just think it would be harder for anyone to lure him away because of the support the town has shown this program. Again, I could be wrong. I know Alcoa would be a great opportunity for any coach.

I never said that you do know what he is paid you just said that it would be hard to lure him away because money talks. All I was saying is that I was amazed that a Greeneville would even admit this.

You are right again. Plus having 10-12 assistant coaches is something he would not have most places. Not sure how many assistant coaches Alcoa is allowed, but most schools do not have as many as Greeneville. That helps so much during practices and games.