Murfreesboro Magnet

Indian

Good win over Red Boiling tonight. I think they'll be competitive in their district before some might think.

I don't mean this in a bad way, but they must have improved a lot because last year they had a lot of trouble getting the ball down the court when I saw them. So congrats to them on the win and I hope we do see them improve some this year.

I don't mean this in a bad way, but they must have improved a lot because last year they had a lot of trouble getting the ball down the court when I saw them. So congrats to them on the win and I hope we do see them improve some this year.

Coffee County play MM and I did not see much that impressed me. They do have a lot of youth on the team. I read on article on here about their point guard and I know that one guard played as an eighth grader for team pride last year. I think she is a transfer from MTCS. Overall, I thought the team was undersized and not very experienced.

The player you mentioned is a transfer and is not one. She transferred from Middle school to high school which is a legitimate school transfer.

Whatever you want to call it I said she came from MTCS which does have a high school so call it what you want. I wasnt trying to say anything wrong had taken place just that she had changed schools. Maybe I should have used the word changed instead of transferred. I know this is a sensitive subject in rutherford.

Edited by gwh

Coffee County play MM and I did not see much that impressed me. They do have a lot of youth on the team. I read on article on here about their point guard and I know that one guard played as an eighth grader for team pride last year. I think she is a transfer from MTCS. Overall, I thought the team was undersized and not very experienced.

Well considering they were only freshmen and sophomores I would say they wouldn't look very experienced. I'm not putting too much into the win over RBS because we're not going to be anywhere close to what we were last year, but if MM is showing some improvement that is great for them.

Whatever you want to call it I said she came from MTCS which does have a high school so call it what you want. I wasnt trying to say anything wrong had taken place just that she had changed schools. Maybe I should have used the word changed instead of transferred. I know this is a sensitive subject in rutherford.

What we are both not communicating could be this. MTCS is a K-12 Private school and Rutherford Central is a Magnet School,6-12, my understanding. My bad. I now see what you were discussing but I don't know the player you are talking about but I can see the sensitivity now that it came up. Any one transferring in to Rutherford and are trying to go to a specific school should check with the District Office to see which zone you should live in to make the move. It is and has been a sensitive matter and has caused some to move to get in the school that they want in. Edited by PHargis

The player you mentioned is a transfer and is not one. She transferred from Middle school to high school which is a legitimate school transfer.

Since there are a lot of players that could have moved from MTCS last year that played with Pride, sensitivity is the issue and if you are wanting to move to Rutherford a suggestion might be to see where you would have to live to attend the high school you want to go to and go to the District Office in Murfreesboro to find that out. Pride players could live anywhere in a wide range of Counties and likely do. Playing with pride tells me she is a serious player and I would not steer you wrong with this meaning you renting or buying a house.

Good win against Eagleville last night (60 - 56) for the MCM Lady Tigers. Three players in double figures and two of those were in the double double (if our bleacher non offical score keeper kept correct stats.) The team is starting to spread the ball around very well, but most importantly, they are getting much better at taking care of the ball. Eagleville pressed hard the entire game. Another single A team but certainly a step forward for their first year in Varsity. Hats off to the Lady Eagles, and the Eagleville player who scored the game high 29 points. They never quit or gave up!