State top 25

Indian

Just on my opinion, from the few results so far, past success, college signees and prospects. Any obvious, or not too obvious, teams left out? This is not how they'd rank in their respective divisions and classes, just regardless of division or class.

1-Riverdale

2-Memphis Central

3-Clarksville

4-Memphis Overton

5-Mt Juliet

6-Wilson Central

7-Science Hill

8-Blackman

9-Bradley Central

10-Tennessee High

11-Lawrence County

12-Jackson County

13-Livingston Academy

14-McMinn Central

15-Knoxville Webb

16-White Station

17-Ensworth

18-Macon County

19-Ridgeway

20-Christ Presbyterian

21-Knoxville West

22-Elizabethton

23-FRA

24-Alcoa

25-Cannon County

Edited by Indian

Single A Cloudland is getting a lot of early love in Upper East Tennessee as a gold ball contender. Single A North Greene, last years silver ball winner, is also very good. I would have to rank AA Unicoi County and AA South Greene ahead of Elizabethton right now. A couple of those teams might be among the top 25 teams in the state, regardless of classification. The Elizabethton Lady Cyclones (#22 in your ranking) are replacing 5 starters and finding their identity early on. I agree with Science Hill's high ranking and Tennessee High is also very solid.

There are several more I could have put, Wayne County, some more out toward Memphis, others I thought of soon after putting on this list. Upper-East TN is "out of sight, out of mind" but clearly they play quality ball too. We will have to see how it goes. The Thanksgiving tournaments often give teams the opportunity to play others from outside their area so should offer a lot on the ones doing well early.

Just on my opinion, from the few results so far, past success, college signees and prospects. Any obvious, or not too obvious, teams left out? This is not how they'd rank in their respective divisions and classes, just regardless of division or class.

1-Riverdale

2-Memphis Central

3-Clarksville

4-Memphis Overton

5-Mt Juliet

6-Wilson Central

7-Science Hill

8-Blackman

9-Bradley Central

10-Tennessee High

11-Lawrence County

12-Jackson County

13-Livingston Academy

14-McMinn Central

15-Knoxville Webb

16-White Station

17-Ensworth

18-Macon County

19-Ridgeway

20-Christ Presbyterian

21-Knoxville West

22-Elizabethton

23-FRA

24-Alcoa

25-Cannon County

Lake County should be on this list. They're in the same boat as Jackson County is as they return all 5 starters from last years team as well...In my opinion will be the 2 favorites in A girls basketball this year.

1-Riverdale

2-Memphis Central

3-Clarksville

4-Memphis Overton

5-Mt Juliet

6-Wilson Central

7-Science Hill

8-Blackman

9-Bradley Central

10-Tennessee High

11-Lawrence County

12-Jackson County

13-Livingston Academy

14-McMinn Central

15-Knoxville Webb

16-White Station

17-Ensworth

18-Macon County

19-Ridgeway

20-Christ Presbyterian

21-Knoxville West

22-Elizabethton

23-FRA

24-Alcoa

25-Cannon County

Morristown East....for my 2 cents...gave Bradley central a run at BC before lets say foul trouble up by 12 before the tide turned; Beat Science hill last year with same personel ; beat a pretty good South Greene team tues night by 27

Single A Cloudland is getting a lot of early love in Upper East Tennessee as a gold ball contender. Single A North Greene, last years silver ball winner, is also very good. I would have to rank AA Unicoi County and AA South Greene ahead of Elizabethton right now. A couple of those teams might be among the top 25 teams in the state, regardless of classification. The Elizabethton Lady Cyclones (#22 in your ranking) are replacing 5 starters and finding their identity early on. I agree with Science Hill's high ranking and Tennessee High is also very solid.

I agree with Cloudland and Unicoi, but I would not get too carried away with SG just yet. They lost 3 solid players from last year and lost their 1st game by 25 to Morristown East. ME is good, but SG just didn't look like themselves. They may still end up being good, but they lack depth and size.

I would also throw Grainger Co in the discussion. They were district 2 runner-up and regional semi-finalist last year with no seniors. They have good guard play (2 different girls can run point) and one of better all-around post players in the Johnson girl. Their other post was freshman of the year in BRAC last year.

To stick all schools in a lump as the top 25 is risky at the best and some of the schools will be left off unless you have some mystic power and a satellite wiget board who can watch all of them at the same time. It would be easier to seperate schools by classifications and then tward the last of the season arrive at the best of the best. I happen to think there is some AA and A schools that can play with the best AAA, not on average, but some.

In my opinion there are some AAA which will not make the grade that were supposed to. Classifying this early is absolutely without merit. Playing out of state schools is another falicy and only for those who want to hype a product and is a pre college announcement session that only helps the Universities. High Schools that go to these events will prove nothing, maybe only embarass themselves. Many of these High

Schools may have players that no one knows where they have come from but thats the chance one takes. How do you pay some one for something that has not been completed, half of it may not be there? Its happened before with a University promising an 8th grader something that most of the time injuries did not allow the player to complete along with likely overestimating the growth patteern of the player which never happened.

It's just for fun, if postseason spots relied on rankings, either human or computers, or a mix, they would be taken more seriously. The difficulty of comparing teams from different classes was the reason I picked from all classes. The tournaments going on this holiday give some good comparisons among teams from different classes and parts of the state. From what I've seen in the scores Southwind and Creekwood among others should get some consideration.

I agree with Cloudland and Unicoi, but I would not get too carried away with SG just yet. They lost 3 solid players from last year and lost their 1st game by 25 to Morristown East. ME is good, but SG just didn't look like themselves. They may still end up being good, but they lack depth and size.

I would also throw Grainger Co in the discussion. They were district 2 runner-up and regional semi-finalist last year with no seniors. They have good guard play (2 different girls can run point) and one of better all-around post players in the Johnson girl. Their other post was freshman of the year in BRAC last year.

By the way Morristown East played 14 kids in that game and had 3 girls in double digits 2 within a bucket of a double and 9 in the score box