Oak Ridge Football 2012

SweetScience

I'm sick of hearing about school board members being unresponsive. Our field is subpar;the stadium needs work;the locker rooms also need work, yet we say the school board is unrespnsive. Has Coach Blade spoken to the administration or school board? He would carry some weight. The fans have let this happen. The board will respond to pressure but nobody is applying any. Has our AD done anything to secure improvements to our facility? He should carry some weight around here. Jim Helton sure did. It's time to run the ENTIRE school board off of the school board and out of town. Being unresponsive is INTOLERABLE!

You dang right Helton did, Cause he cared about ORHS athletics. When he left, it went downhill. IDK what Blade does to be honest? I think he could do a better job making sure the feeder programs do a better job of implementing the same type of offense that the HS runs (Maryville does this btw) I have NO IDEA why OR doesn't, it just makes sense? We used to have coaches on both Jr High programs ala Middle Schoolo programs who knew the game..I think Robertsville has a good coach, but i hear the one at Jeff is extremely lacking? We used to have the Atoms at the Boys Club. Whatever happened to the Atoms? Do they even exist? I can remember when i was at the Boys Club Gaddis was out there scouting us when we were in the 5th Grade! Numbers are drastically down and obviously Blade doesn't have the type attitude that makes kids wanna go out and play for him. Kids are different today, a lot of them don't wanna work for anything, and i hear Blade is a tough guy to play for. A lot of kids are weak minded this day and age and can't deal with a coach like that. A lot of things can be improved on, not just the stadium.

I just wish they'd repaint the stadium, railings and other parts if they're not going to remodel it. Heck, I'd even volunteer to assist if they would provide the paint!

You need to join the booster club, either they or someone they get paints what you are talking about every year.

Until Coach Blade is tenured there, he will not be listened to. Hopefully he should reach tenure this year and can fully unload of who is responsible. I am sure he wants the best for both the players, the students, the fans, and the community as a whole.

Has anyone actually asked Coach Blade what he wants and NEEDS? If so, then what have they done to see that it gets done?

You dang right Helton did, Cause he cared about ORHS athletics. When he left, it went downhill. IDK what Blade does to be honest? I think he could do a better job making sure the feeder programs do a better job of implementing the same type of offense that the HS runs (Maryville does this btw) I have NO IDEA why OR doesn't, it just makes sense? We used to have coaches on both Jr High programs ala Middle Schoolo programs who knew the game..I think Robertsville has a good coach, but i hear the one at Jeff is extremely lacking? We used to have the Atoms at the Boys Club. Whatever happened to the Atoms? Do they even exist? I can remember when i was at the Boys Club Gaddis was out there scouting us when we were in the 5th Grade! Numbers are drastically down and obviously Blade doesn't have the type attitude that makes kids wanna go out and play for him. Kids are different today, a lot of them don't wanna work for anything, and i hear Blade is a tough guy to play for. A lot of kids are weak minded this day and age and can't deal with a coach like that. A lot of things can be improved on, not just the stadium.

The Atoms teams have been gone for a long time now and for the most part the Pee Wee program. That had nothing to do with the Boys Club. It left once Middle Schools in this area began letting 6th Graders play. I think every middle school in Anderson and Roane county allows 6th graders to play football except Robertsville and Jefferson. That was voted down by our school board, 6th graders can play other sports though.

As for Jefferson, they had two very qualified people apply, one was turned down and the other withdrew on the recommendation of Coach Blade from what I understand. Robertsville does have a good coach in my opionion.

What's happened to this place? Let's get rid of the school board members who aren't concerned what anyone thinks! The problem here is that NOBODY seems to really care about much of anything around here. If they did, they would lead the charge to make some changes instead of running their mouths on Coacht. I can tell all of you one thing for certain...complaining about things on Coacht will get you NOWHERE. In the not so distant past there were people of action supporting our program. Now it's just a bunch of Coacht blowhards.

From what I was just told today- Bounder is right... Unless you have an outside donor you can forget about it. There is nothing that Blade or even Jeff Minor can do unless you have some cash. FYI :The "powers that be"are having trouble even paying teachers- must less fixing up a football field. I guess my question is Rally, what seperates you from the blow hards? What are you doing to change things?Do you have a big money donor?

Edited by bladerunner

it seems alot of AD's are apathetic about the direction their programs are going, i heard that WB quit having pep rallies before last year and it was very telling in the lack of school spirit at the games. it sickens me because when i was at school there we had lots of school spirit, all 1700 of us students used to sing the fight song at every pep rally, fight fight fight for the governors.now all thats gone :(

From what I was just told today- Bounder is right... Unless you have an outside donor you can forget about it. There is nothing that Blade or even Jeff Minor can do unless you have some cash. FYI :The "powers that be"are having trouble even paying teachers- must less fixing up a football field. I guess my question is Rally, what seperates you from the blow hards? What are you doing to change things?Do you have a big money donor?

What separates me is about 1200 posts. I rarely get on here. I just read the complaints and smile to myself. If the people complaining on here would band together or form a group of concerned citizens, something may actually get done. My time has passed. I am probably 50 years older than most of you. But let's face it...not nearly as many people care about OR football as they used to, and nothing short of extreme pressure will change that. How do YOU feel about school board members being unresponsive to the public? Am I the only one bothered by that?

What separates me is about 1200 posts. I rarely get on here. I just read the complaints and smile to myself. If the people complaining on here would band together or form a group of concerned citizens, something may actually get done. My time has passed. I am probably 50 years older than most of you. But let's face it...not nearly as many people care about OR football as they used to, and nothing short of extreme pressure will change that. How do YOU feel about school board members being unresponsive to the public? Am I the only one bothered by that?

This is commonplace in almost every school system. In addition to having their own agenda, school boards are being pulled in a LOT of different directions, and sports don't always have the strongest tug, especially if there are other more pressing needs. You are exactly right, though - If you want to be heard, you must band together to form one collective voice (or find a lot of green to throw at the problem).

The way I feel about the board not being responsive? Well, with the unemployment rate being 8.2 percent and there are Teachers being laid off-- I can see where they are coming from now. The dough is just not there. Edited by bladerunner

When I was President of the Quarterback club I went before the School Board, City Council and almost everyone else that would stand still long enough. The Quarterback Club remodeled the old concession stand/restroom, cost us about $25,000, all donated by small business or individuals, was valued at about $100,000 not a dime from the city or school board. Or the major industry here in town. That was 10 years ago and all the school board has done is mow the grass and line the field. I'm almost 70 years old and have moved on ... Sorry

This is commonplace in almost every school system. In addition to having their own agenda, school boards are being pulled in a LOT of different directions, and sports don't always have the strongest tug, especially if there are other more pressing needs. You are exactly right, though - If you want to be heard, you must band together to form one collective voice (or find a lot of green to throw at the problem).

And sports should not be the biggest tug.