Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

Same to you, Jeopardyperil! But with your prediction on Anderson County, I think some Christmas cheer came a little early for you last night! From what I've seen and heard AC ought to be improved but I'd think Powell would be the prohibitive 5A favorite in the district with AC and Central close behind. Poor old Halls and CC will be battling for the cellar. I'm not thinking any of the 3AAA 5A teams will be legitimate state contenders next year. But I do hope one of them will prove me wrong.

Still way too early, but OR looks like the team to beat in 3AAA, with Powell and AC not far behind.

Same to you, Jeopardyperil! But with your prediction on Anderson County, I think some Christmas cheer came a little early for you last night! From what I've seen and heard AC ought to be improved but I'd think Powell would be the prohibitive 5A favorite in the district with AC and Central close behind. Poor old Halls and CC will be battling for the cellar. I'm not thinking any of the 3AAA 5A teams will be legitimate state contenders next year. But I do hope one of them will prove me wrong.

No you and Osunut2 are correct. Powell and OR on the 6A side will still be the listed top dogs. AC has a lot of work to do. But they do have a very smart Head Coach so I think they will be fine. Plus the fireworks will keep them honest. LOL

At one time I heard AC may have an opportunity to go 4A sometime in the future if enrollment is down again. Do not know much about that or whenever that would be likely. Not updated about how that works. But I sure hope not but if that were to be good then I guess that is ok to.

Yea I hear ya. LOL but you just never know a White Horse may appear. LOL :)

No you and Osunut2 are correct. Powell and OR on the 6A side will still be the listed top dogs. AC has a lot of work to do. But they do have a very smart Head Coach so I think they will be fine. Plus the fireworks will keep them honest. LOL

At one time I heard AC may have an opportunity to go 4A sometime in the future if enrollment is down again. Do not know much about that or whenever that would be likely. Not updated about how that works. But I sure hope not but if that were to be good then I guess that is ok to.

Last word we are staying in 5a. We will not be dropping to 4a.

HOOK EM' HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ACMAVERICK22

You could very well be correct but I just do not see Powell being a contender next year at this point I will say. I think your correct OR will be the best until AC gets everything going.

I think you have wishful thinking lol. Powell is/should be reloading. Question marks with O line and LB core, but return their best defensive player that was out half the year with a torn ACL, and DB's along with some pretty stout defensive lineman and a good LB.

Offensively their QB is going to be hard to handle because he is a very good passing QB, but can also run the football. He started receiver this year, and Lowe believes that he would have started at just about any other school around as a QB and stated that he was the best back-up QB in the state this year. As far as the running game if Powell can fill in the question marks on the O line, then they will have success because they got some really good backs that were playing behind Dyshawn Mobley this year. Tyshawn and Montario should be handling the running duty, with the addition of one more back who would carry a load if the rumor I have heard turns out to be true. Tyshawn brings very good speed and quickness(4.4s 40 time if I had to guess) and if he gets a seem then no one will catch him and he'll be gone. Montario is more of a downhill runner who has pretty good speed and vision, but runs more like Mobley.

If Lowe can put the pieces together before next season then Powell could continue its success of the past few years. I see the District coming down to Oak Ridge and Powell again, but giving the edge to Oak Ridge for now just because the question marks on Powell's end, but if Powell fills those question marks as expected by most close to the program then I would probably have to give the edge to Powell.